PDA

View Full Version : Look at what CNN is doing now...

FSUSeminolesR#1
06-08-2007, 11:39 AM
They cant publish anything good about Dr Paul but they can publish this crap!! So typical. Dr Paul is the only one who deserves to fly first class. Sad if this is the best they got to try and SMEAR Dr. Paul.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/06/06/which-gop-candidate-flies-first-class/

theblatanttruth
06-08-2007, 11:42 AM
They cant publish anything good about Dr Paul but they can publish this crap!! So typical

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/06/06/which-gop-candidate-flies-first-class/

Hahahahahahahahaha

CNN has hit rock bottom and breaking out the jackhammers.

Bob Cochran
06-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Looks like nearly everyone posting there is letting CNN have it.

aravoth
06-08-2007, 11:48 AM
lol! "Wulf Blitzkreig"

SeanEdwards
06-08-2007, 11:52 AM
That's pretty dumb, but somehow the MSM never fails to reach a new low. Turn on any of the cable news outlets right now, and it's a Paris Hilton explosion.

Seriously.

Every single channel has talking heads doing backflips over Paris going to court. I think I may be sick.

FSUSeminolesR#1
06-08-2007, 11:52 AM
It looks they are opening up on CNN with some of the comments. It just blows my mind as to how long the MSM stay in denial!! I see Dr Paul winning by the largest margin since the Reagan nomination.

The Horse is out of the Barn now boyz. Aint no stopping this thing.

Bob Cochran
06-08-2007, 11:57 AM
The Horse is out of the Barn now boyz. Aint no stopping this thing.
Yeah, I think I'm seeing it that way too.

Dave
06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
If flying 1st class keeps Dr. Paul well-rested and better-prepared to fight for our cause then he's more than welcome to use my contributions for this purpose.

jon_perez
06-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh jeez... :rolleyes: you people need to RELAX.......!!!!!

I don't see anything wrong with flying first class nor did the people who wrote that article. It was just a small interesting tidbit.

Only commies believe that flying first class is a sin. ;)

No true libertarian would thus conclude that that news article was a smear... eh?

mdh
06-08-2007, 12:05 PM
How do the other candidates fly, private jets, right? I'm sure at least Rudy has one available via his law firm.

Erazmus
06-08-2007, 12:05 PM
I posted this again. CNN removed the first post I did about it...

I wish CNN would stop censoring comments. The thing that bothers me about this “article” is the journalistic honesty. Look at the first statement…

“Seen on board the 6 a.m. US Airways flight 1159 from Manchester, New Hampshire to Washington.”

Who saw? They never cite who their source is. This is not journalism. Using this tactic, you could say ANYTHING you want, because there is no way to verify the authenticity of the claim. It has no journalistic credibility.

Thanks for nothing CNN.

Posted By Travis, Fairfield, Ca : June 8, 2007 2:03 pm

Iceblade
06-08-2007, 12:07 PM
I am sure he used his own money instead of contributions for the flight.

enan
06-08-2007, 12:10 PM
CNN is getting rotten tomatoes pelted at it.

jon_perez
06-08-2007, 12:16 PM
I wish CNN would stop censoring comments. The thing that bothers me about this “article” is the journalistic honesty. Look at the first statement…

“Seen on board the 6 a.m. US Airways flight 1159 from Manchester, New Hampshire to Washington.”

Who saw? They never cite who their source is. This is not journalism. Using this tactic, you could say ANYTHING you want, because there is no way to verify the authenticity of the claim. It has no journalistic credibility.ROTFL...! Tell me you're serious...

enan
06-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Fantastic, CNN. I appreciate the inanity of your programming. Really, the state of public discourse is doing well with you watching over it.

How about you talk about his stance on the issues, or is that less relevant to his candidacy than what class he flies on an airline? Or how about his voting record as a congressman? You know, the one candidate with an unquestionably consistent voting record for the past ten years? It’s too late for you to go back and give him equal representation in the debate. Why don’t you talk about his stance on taxes? Or the War in Iraq? Or illegal immigration, perhaps?

Do your job. Report on the news. Report on what’s relevant. I don’t care what class he flies.

Should I have been less abrasive? Hrm... I hope that doesn't reflect poorly on his supporters. Sorry, folks.

qednick
06-08-2007, 12:29 PM
I just posted my comment:

I really hope the money I donated went towards Ron Paul's first class ticket!! He deserves it!! :-)

BLS
06-08-2007, 12:32 PM
My Comment:

Skrough you CNN. Is that the BEST you got?

Bob Cochran
06-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Should I have been less abrasive? Hrm... I hope that doesn't reflect poorly on his supporters. Sorry, folks.
Goodness no, they deserve it.

Bob Cochran
06-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Larry Kudlow, a neocon economics shill, has a blog where only about five people regularly post.

There is all kinds of silliness there, and lately he's trying to pump up Fred Thompson as a serious Republican candidate.

It would be ever so nice if some of you could blog there and set those people straight!

Kudlow's blog: http://kudlowsmoneypolitics.blogspot.com/

enan
06-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Goodness no, they deserve it.

I probably pull my punches more often than I should. :P

slantedview
06-08-2007, 01:02 PM
We're up over 1300 comments on the Ron Paul Phenomenon article!!!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/06/08/the-ron-paul-%e2%80%98phenom%e2%80%99/

Erazmus
06-08-2007, 01:04 PM
ROTFL...! Tell me you're serious...

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't expect so much from CNN. *shrug*

jon_perez
06-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Just wondrin' ...

are Giuliani supporters complaining about the CNN video of "lightning vs. Giuliani" or are they sane enough to realize it's just one of those lighthearted news pieces...?

Bison
06-08-2007, 01:17 PM
I think CNN may have figured out that no matter what they post about Ron Paul, their traffic will go through the roof. I think that they will continue to mention him, although not always in a positive light.

Erazmus
06-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Just wondrin' ...

are Giuliani supporters complaining about the CNN video of "lightning vs. Giuliani" or are they sane enough to realize it's just one of those lighthearted news pieces...?

Whatever man. All I know is Ron Paul got hardly any air time at the debate, yet this is one of the few stories CNN releases about him. And it's not really even worthy of a “news story”. If your definition of sanity is letting the media post whatever garbage they want without any accountability then enjoy. I just wish that I could cast away the idea of journalistic integrity the way you do.

*cheers*

DjLoTi
06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
This article may not even be all that bad. Think about it. Out of the 5 candidates who flew on this plane, Ron Paul was the only one that went first class. Lets face it, he's not an average American like ... well.... me :)

I wouldn't expect a true presidential candidate to fly in the same cramped section of the plane as I do. I mean... come on.... we're not talking about no average joe-schmoe here

I think this could actually be a positive article, because it separates him in a potentially positive light away from the other candidates.

MsDoodahs
06-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Larry Kudlow, a neocon economics shill, has a blog where only about five people regularly post.

There is all kinds of silliness there, and lately he's trying to pump up Fred Thompson as a serious Republican candidate.

It would be ever so nice if some of you could blog there and set those people straight!

Kudlow's blog: http://kudlowsmoneypolitics.blogspot.com/

I'll take a crack at it later today. :)

Bison
06-08-2007, 01:39 PM
I think 9 out of 10 people who read that article said to themself "who cares?" .

Erazmus
06-08-2007, 01:40 PM
This article may not even be all that bad. Think about it. Out of the 5 candidates who flew on this plane, Ron Paul was the only one that went first class. Lets face it, he's not an average American like ... well.... me :)

I wouldn't expect a true presidential candidate to fly in the same cramped section of the plane as I do. I mean... come on.... we're not talking about no average joe-schmoe here

I think this could actually be a positive article, because it separates him in a potentially positive light away from the other candidates.

I can say some good has come from the article, via any publicity can be seen as good publicity. I'm just sick of all the slander campaigns. People can't find really anything wrong about Ron, so they focus on menial crap like this. And worse yet, it doesn't even cite a reference, a person, or anything. It just really irked me. Typically I don't let things like this bother me. But recently, I've seen a lot of unsubstantiated crap by supposedly sane people. You're right. It is publicity after all. If people start looking into Ron Paul and seeing what he is standing for, then it's a good thing. And if this is all CNN can dig up, great!

AZ Libertarian
06-08-2007, 01:42 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I left a comment - it goes like this:

SSSSSSCCCCCRRRRRAAAAAAAAPPPPPPEEEEE

(the sound of CNN scraping the bottom of the barrel to find SOMETHING to demonize the PEOPLE'S CANDIDATE WITH)

They're gonna hafta try a LOT harder than that..............

jon_perez
06-08-2007, 01:47 PM
If your definition of sanity is letting the media post whatever garbage they want without any accountability then enjoy.Actually I was referring to Giuliani supporters not CNN.

I just wish that I could cast away the idea of journalistic integrity the way you do.I belong to the 85% of the population who cannot stand Fox news most of the time, but even I must concede that while people like Hannity give Ron Paul a very hard time, they DO make sure that when they air what Ron Paul has said, they do not snip things out of context.

I think it is close to impossible for the news to not have any slant and that despite their so-called slogan, Fox News does not really even try to *pretend* to be anything other than biased (or maybe they really do think 90% of America has an IQ of 100 or lower who do not realize their "fair and balanced" slogan for the tongue-in-cheek joke that it is). But despite this, when it comes to Ron Paul appearances on Fox, I think they have largely been FAIR (but not necessarily friendly) to him.

My take on the matter is that Fox has no obligation to cover any candidate just like viewers have no obligation to watch or believe Fox News. It's a free press and it's a free country. Has Fox done anything to Ron Paul that would count as libel or slander? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

So I consider all these whining and complaints about an MSM conspiracy as really just sour-graping about the MSM not giving Paul a free campaign ride on their airwaves.

Take a page from Ron Paul's own comment when asked about mainstream media: "Some are friendly and some are not so-friendly" - a simple and straightforward answer, no overly analytic theories about conspiracies and invisible powers-that-be manipulating behind the scenes.

Erazmus
06-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Actually I was referring to Giuliani supporters not CNN.

I belong to the 85% of the population who cannot stand Fox news most of the time, but even I must concede that while people like Hannity give Ron Paul a very hard time, they DO make sure that when they air what Ron Paul has said, they do not snip things out of context.

I think it is close to impossible for the news to not have any slant and that despite their so-called slogan, Fox News does not really even try to *pretend* to be anything other than biased (or maybe they really do think 90% of America has an IQ of 100 or lower who do not realize their "fair and balanced" slogan for the tongue-in-cheek joke that it is). But despite this, when it comes to Ron Paul appearances on Fox, I think they have largely been FAIR (but not necessarily friendly) to him.

My take on the matter is that Fox has no obligation to cover any candidate just like viewers have no obligation to watch or believe Fox News. It's a free press and it's a free country. Has Fox done anything to Ron Paul that would count as libel or slander? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

So I consider all these whining and complaints about an MSM conspiracy as really just sour-graping about the MSM not giving Paul a free campaign ride on their airwaves.

Take a page from Ron Paul's own comment when asked about mainstream media: "Some are friendly and some are not so-friendly" - a simple and straightforward answer, no overly analytic theories about conspiracies and invisible powers-that-be manipulating behind the scenes.

Hmmm, I think we are agreeing more than disagreeing. I haven't found anything wrong with what you said, for the most part, and I mostly agree. I wasn't talking about Fox at all. I was talking about CNN. Also, I misunderstood your previous post. Sorry for that.

I'm not complaining about bias. I'm not even complaining about a specific organization. and I never implied a conspiracy at all. I merely said, if a journalist is going to make a claim, I want them (as a journalist) to cite a source. Plain and simple. Nothing more. I hate Fox news. I had a little more respect for CNN before the debate (and this article), but I think I lost that. I still have hope. I've found journalists in the main stream that aren't so bad or so obviously slanted, and I look forward to their articles. But like I said, this one hit a nerve because of the lack of journalistic integrity.

Also, I considered a career in journalism, if you couldn't tell. :) Thanks for clarifying your position.

*edit* Did you have me confused with someone else? You keep mentioning conspiracies.

jon_perez
06-08-2007, 01:58 PM
All

said was that Ron Paul was "the 'lucky candidate' who got to fly first class"... did it even hint or "wink" that Paul was corrupt or was profligate? I never got that impression. You people need to lighten up and not treat every bit of news that does not put Paul on a pedestal as being a smear against him.

People are complaining that CNN does not "mention that Ron Paul does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension at taxpayer’s expense... and all the other nice things about Ron Paul" (which I have no reason to believe are made up)

But people should realize that CNN is in the business of reporting news, some serious, some not so serious... but what it most definitely is not in though, is in the business of campaigning for any particular candidate.

jon_perez
06-08-2007, 02:00 PM
*edit* Did you have me confused with someone else? You keep mentioning conspiracies.Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but by conspiracy I was referring to other people who comment about the MSM's reaction to Ron Paul (e.g. Youtube comments, etc...)

Erazmus
06-08-2007, 02:10 PM
All

said was that Ron Paul was "the 'lucky candidate' who got to fly first class"... did it even hint or "wink" that Paul was corrupt or was profligate? I never got that impression. You people need to lighten up and not treat every bit of news that does not put Paul on a pedestal as being a smear against him.

People are complaining that CNN does not "mention that Ron Paul does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension at taxpayer’s expense... and all the other nice things about Ron Paul" (which I have no reason to believe are made up)

But people should realize that CNN is in the business of reporting news, some serious, some not so serious... but what it most definitely is not in though, is in the business of campaigning for any particular candidate.

I never implied that the article said he was corrupt or the like. I didn't even mention it as a smear. I merely was questioing the journalism capabilities of the reporter. Here is what I wrote...again...

Who saw? They never cite who their source is. This is not journalism. Using this tactic, you could say ANYTHING you want, because there is no way to verify the authenticity of the claim. It has no journalistic credibility.

Thanks for nothing CNN.

Posted By Travis, Fairfield, Ca : June 8, 2007 2:03 pm

And they did delete my previous post on this, hence the first sentence of mine. So I'm not sure where you're reading into my post where I said they were smearing him, or there's a conspiracy, or otherwise. Where are you seeing that in my post???

Like I said, anything that is going to be reported as "news" should cite sources, whether quoting verbal statements and crediting the individual, or text, or other. Even if this is just commentary, it's making a factual claim and should cite a source. I won't change my mind on that.

However, I have already stated that maybe I took this one specific article (as I haven't with others) too seriously and that it has some positive aspects. I can't argue everyone else’s point of view that you've lumped me together with. Please reference what I am saying, not what, "People are complaining..." about.

Thanks.

Erazmus
06-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but by conspiracy I was referring to other people who comment about the MSM's reaction to Ron Paul (e.g. Youtube comments, etc...)

Ok, thank you for clearing that up. I think we keep misreading eachother's posts.

nathanielyao
06-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Oh My No!! I guess this means he buys two-ply too?
Posted By Tara, Fort Walton Beach, FL : June 8, 2007 2:24 pm

I think this was the most hilarious comment!:D

angelatc
06-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I think CNN may have figured out that no matter what they post about Ron Paul, their traffic will go through the roof. I think that they will continue to mention him, although not always in a positive light.

At least they have comments. Michelle Malkin doesn't have any on her site!

enan
06-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Whenever blogs disable comments, that's when you can tell they're on the defense. It's like putting up the drawbridge. That's when you should know they're in a state of siege. :)

Erazmus
06-08-2007, 03:55 PM
enan, love your signature quote. Very nice.

angelatc
06-08-2007, 03:57 PM
The only thing more laughable than disabling comments, IMHO, are the people like Laura Ingrham and Glenn Back that require you to pay in order to post.

enan
06-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks, Erazmus.

Also, did anyone hear Romney say that Iraq didn't let inspectors back in? I believe he did. He needs some summer reading too.

edit:angelatc, that's practically the same thing. No one wants to pay for that sort of thing.

Erazmus
06-08-2007, 04:03 PM
The only thing more laughable than disabling comments, IMHO, are the people like Laura Ingrham and Glenn Back that require you to pay in order to post.

Wow, do they really? LOL!

enan
06-08-2007, 04:05 PM
I just realized. That makes two of three "front runner" candidates who have made blatantly ignorant comments regarding the War on Terrorism and the war in Iraq.

angelatc
06-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Wow, do they really? LOL!

Well, they don't charge you on a per-post basis, but in order to access their forums you have to join their fan club.

enan
06-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Man, the server costs can't be that steep to let people freely comment. Did he get raided by some trolls at one point or something?

angelatc
06-08-2007, 04:16 PM
No, they're just greedy neocons!

Erazmus
06-08-2007, 04:19 PM
It's an interesting method of quelling negative posts. People who don't like him wouldn't even consider of paying money to post. I would imagine they they started charging because every post was negative. :)

Bob Cochran
06-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Also, did anyone hear Romney say that Iraq didn't let inspectors back in? I believe he did. He needs some summer reading too.
He sure does!

Looks great though.

enan
06-08-2007, 05:40 PM
I sent a letter to Ron Paul's campaign committee about it.

Anyone want to send one in to help Mitt with his Latin terms? Non sequitur. Heh.

Arkris
06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
HA HA HA!

That's article's great in two ways.

Firstly, this is the most laughable attempt at a smear campaign I've ever seen! Tell me CNN, did he hog all the bags of peanuts too?

Secondly, I'm glad to see that his fund raising is going well enough to afford first class accomidations. Our guy's got places to go and people to see! If flying first class helps him relax and rest up for the campaign then I'm all for it.

jon_perez
06-09-2007, 04:44 AM
HA HA HA!

That's article's great in two ways.

Firstly, this is the most laughable attempt at a smear campaign I've ever seen! Tell me CNN, did he hog all the bags of peanuts too?

Secondly, I'm glad to see that his fund raising is going well enough to afford first class accomidations. Our guy's got places to go and people to see! If flying first class helps him relax and rest up for the campaign then I'm all for it.Well, first of all, I don't see anything wrong with flying first class. The article never made any innuendo or suggestion that Paul's flying first class was somehow improper or anything like that. So I don't see why people keep saying it is a smear article.

I think this reveals more about the nature of the people reacting to the article, than the article's author himself.

Revolution9
06-09-2007, 08:00 AM
All

I know many many CNN foks. I was just in a film by a former editor from there. They had military and NSA/CIA fokks in there vetting the "news". Some actually sat at editting bays in uniform. CIA and NSA both have offices in the building.

Why the insistence on people "lightening up"? Are they not free to do what they want? What if someone does not approve of your low level approach and thinks we cannot win without stirring the pot? Should you have to get more excitable to please them?

I will tell you this.. The moment you tell ME to do something you want me to do or not do..you better have a goddamned good reason or i will do what I wanted to originally and amplify it just to piss you off.

Take note..This is the headspace of many out there. We don't need nanny's. We do not want a second set of parents. We are involved in the rough and tumble world of politics. The pro wrassling of national and international discourse. If they want to trash CNN for trashing the news..then so be it. They deserve it.. Also.. I think your conspiracy lines need to be put back in the closet. I am sick and tired of facts and strings of proofs being labelled as such to dismiss them.

Best Regards
Randy

jon_perez
06-09-2007, 08:38 AM
I know many many CNN foks. I was just in a film by a former editor from there. They had military and NSA/CIA fokks in there vetting the "news". Some actually sat at editting bays in uniform. CIA and NSA both have offices in the building.

Why the insistence on people "lightening up"? Are they not free to do what they want? What if someone does not approve of your low level approach and thinks we cannot win without stirring the pot? Should you have to get more excitable to please them?

I will tell you this.. The moment you tell ME to do something you want me to do or not do..you better have a goddamned good reason or i will do what I wanted to originally and amplify it just to piss you off.

Take note..This is the headspace of many out there. We don't need nanny's. We do not want a second set of parents. We are involved in the rough and tumble world of politics. The pro wrassling of national and international discourse. If they want to trash CNN for trashing the news..then so be it. They deserve it.. Also.. I think your conspiracy lines need to be put back in the closet. I am sick and tired of facts and strings of proofs being labelled as such to dismiss them.

Best Regards
RandyOkay, Randy.

Just remember to double-check your spelling when you hold up a sign supporting Ron Paul... if you care about not embarrassing him, that is.

Bossobass
06-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Hi all,

My sources have confirmed some interesting info that I thought you might like to know concerning this ridiculous CNN tripe.

1) RP was NOT the only candidate to fly first class on that flight. Former VA governor James Gilmore also flew first class, sitting in front of RP.

2) The first class cabin had 4 available seats out of 12, which means the the other 3 candidates could easily have upgraded at the last minute for $50-$100 (a standard option from US Airways). They obviously had no preference to fly first class that morning.

3) RP used frequent flyer miles to upgrade to first class, 1 week before the flight.

There is nothing more to report about this silly matter, but once again, the FACTS of the story shed light on it's irrelevance as well as the newsworthiness of CNN.

Bosso

slantedview
06-09-2007, 10:10 AM
I agree that all of this stuff is just nitpicking, but only highlights how ridiculous it was that CNN felt the need to write this anyways. How is this news?

qednick
06-09-2007, 10:16 AM
I accidentally stepped in some CNN while I was walking the dog last night. :o