PDA

View Full Version : Being a man an unemployed

Matt Collins
09-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Interesting perspective on how men are working less than women in the current government created recession:
http://reason.com/blog/2010/09/06/manliness-is-next-to-joblessne

MelissaWV
09-07-2010, 09:03 AM
In every office I've done work for recently or visited, at least 3/4 of the workers are women. Office work tends to justify itself. If you, however, work in a job where you have a quantifiable result... things are harder. You can be called into the office and told you are not producing enough. There's not enough demand for widgets, so the producers of those widgets must be downsized. There are not enough widgets to ship, so the drivers of the trucks that ship the widgets are seeing fewer hours. The owners and middle managers of widget franchises are to be thinned.

Women also statistically inhabit lower-wage positions, which are held in reserve during a recession because they are often seen as imparting more value than keeping someone making more for doing the same job. Someone may also fall for the sob story of a woman who's a single mom, or who has kids to support, or whatever else it is. That's rarer, but I have seen that happen as well.

Guys at the top are seldom let go, because they do the official letting go. Would you lay yourself off?

The article itself talks about the big leap in healthcare jobs. There are certainly more female nurses than male, and the emphasis in healthcare is now towards nurses and assistants rather than a doctor doing the dirty work.

Joblessness sucks in general.

Anti Federalist
09-07-2010, 09:25 AM
In every office I've done work for recently or visited, at least 3/4 of the workers are women. Office work tends to justify itself. If you, however, work in a job where you have a quantifiable result... things are harder. You can be called into the office and told you are not producing enough. There's not enough demand for widgets, so the producers of those widgets must be downsized. There are not enough widgets to ship, so the drivers of the trucks that ship the widgets are seeing fewer hours. The owners and middle managers of widget franchises are to be thinned.

Women also statistically inhabit lower-wage positions, which are held in reserve during a recession because they are often seen as imparting more value than keeping someone making more for doing the same job. Someone may also fall for the sob story of a woman who's a single mom, or who has kids to support, or whatever else it is. That's rarer, but I have seen that happen as well.

Guys at the top are seldom let go, because they do the official letting go. Would you lay yourself off?

The article itself talks about the big leap in healthcare jobs. There are certainly more female nurses than male, and the emphasis in healthcare is now towards nurses and assistants rather than a doctor doing the dirty work.

Joblessness sucks in general.

That +1

Also, while I don't have any solid statistics on hand, it's my understanding that that the majority of government jobs are filled by women.

And of course, government jobs are the last to be cut.

lucius
09-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I am not my job...further more I suspect that you may have MY money in your pocket--so give to me! jk...but not really...

Slutter McGee
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
"The Decline of Men: How the American Male Is Tuning Out, Giving Up, and Flipping Off His Future" by Guy Garcia

Extremely interesting book on this subject. It avoids most of the politically correct BS on the subject and is a really interesting read.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

tjeffersonsghost
09-07-2010, 09:48 AM
I actually wrote about this on another thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=256876

This isn't exactly a news story but should be. I just went to the grocery store to get some lunch and dinner to make for tonight and I saw something that I have been seeing more and more of every time I go. What I saw is something that I'm sure will affect society as a whole in one form or another. Maybe not today or tomorrow but it's affects will be felt. Maybe what I've been seeing is a good thing for society in the long run, maybe not.

What I saw was mostly men grocery shopping. I've been seeing this increasingly over the past year (Im self employed working from home so I do my shopping during the day). Many of them had their little kids with them. Now I say to myself my wife works a full time job also while I work my business from home with my 2 other employees. I don't have her work for me because right now it's better to get that outside money coming in because it is just so damn slow.

But the question I ask myself is is this the new trend? Will it now be women working while the men stay at home with the kids unable to find jobs? I know they all cant be self employed like me and this is just something I have been seeing more and more of over the past year. If this is indeed a trend what could the long term affects be? I've always been a proponent of one parent working while the other stays home to raise the kids but I kinda had it the other way around. I did a quick google search and found this link http://blogs.babble.com/strollerderb...mon-than-ever/

So I guess I'm not dreaming. Also the guy ahead of me a good clean well shaved and dressed guy ahead of me used a food stamp card. I acted like I was looking the other way because I could tell he was embarrassed and hell, I was embarrassed for him. I don't judge him though because I know times are hard and he had a little boy with him. Anyways just thought Id share my experience with you guys to get your thoughts.

Seraphim
09-07-2010, 10:01 AM
I actually wrote about this on another thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=256876

The man is being replaced by the State as the husband. I see it here in Canada too. A lot of girls (women) are growing up to 1) to not get married nor want it and 2) not have kids. Of course many do have kids and will get knocked up (accidently) with no union as a pair with the intent of doing right by the kid- why would she need a man? The State will provide the financial support.

Men in the west are becoming good for 2 things. Sperm and War.

Krugerrand
09-07-2010, 10:08 AM
The man is being replaced by the State as the husband. I see it here in Canada too. A lot of girls (women) are growing up to 1) to not get married nor want it and 2) not have kids. Of course many do have kids and will get knocked up (accidently) with no union as a pair with the intent of doing right by the kid- why would she need a man? The State will provide the financial support.

Men in the west are becoming good for 2 things. Sperm and War.

Take a look at this thread too:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=258496

Natalie
09-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I read henrymakow.com a lot (formerly called savethemales.ca) . He's kind of like AJ in the whole "conspiracy" thing but he mostly posts articles about the planned destruction of the family and feminism and stuff. Some of the stuff might seem a little kooky at first, but I think it's very interesting.

MelissaWV
09-07-2010, 10:24 AM
That +1

Also, while I don't have any solid statistics on hand, it's my understanding that that the majority of government jobs are filled by women.

And of course, government jobs are the last to be cut.

Most Government jobs are that same sort of circle-jerk office job I was talking about. The key is to do something so vague and obscure that those above you have no idea of the particulars, but are convinced no one else can do the job and it's essential for things to continue. :rolleyes:

DamianTV
09-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Another aspect probably considered, maybe not on a conscious level, and I really do hate to say it, is that women are percieved as more subservient. Then again, if you give all your employees a 20% pay cut, who do you think is more likely of the two genders to come into work and start shooting up the place?

Anti Federalist
09-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Most Government jobs are that same sort of circle-jerk office job I was talking about. The key is to do something so vague and obscure that those above you have no idea of the particulars, but are convinced no one else can do the job and it's essential for things to continue. :rolleyes:

Yup, exactly.

And you're in position to write the rules that self perpetuate yourself and your job.

Anti Federalist
09-07-2010, 01:12 PM
"The Decline of Men: How the American Male Is Tuning Out, Giving Up, and Flipping Off His Future" by Guy Garcia

Extremely interesting book on this subject. It avoids most of the politically correct BS on the subject and is a really interesting read.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Hmmph, now I'm in agreement with you.

Anti Federalist
09-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Now, here's the conspiracy:

What is in the food, water or medicine supply that is rapidly affecting men worldwide and lowering sperm and testosterone levels?

http://www.ispub.com/ostia/index.php?xmlFilePath=journals/iju/vol2n1/sperm.xml

Studies like this are voluminous and point to a very real and rapid downward trend in male fertility, sperm count and testosterone levels.

Everything from "chemtrails" to plastic compounds leaching into prepackaged food and water has been suggested as a cause.

But clearly, something is very, very wrong, not the least of which is a whole generation of men that are weak, submissive, cowardly and can't do so much as change a flat tire anymore.

Natalie
09-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Now, here's the conspiracy:

What is in the food, water or medicine supply that is rapidly affecting men worldwide and lowering sperm and testosterone levels?

http://www.ispub.com/ostia/index.php?xmlFilePath=journals/iju/vol2n1/sperm.xml

Studies like this are voluminous and point to a very real and rapid downward trend in male fertility, sperm count and testosterone levels.

Everything from "chemtrails" to plastic compounds leaching into prepackaged food and water has been suggested as a cause.

But clearly, something is very, very wrong, not the least of which is a whole generation of men that are weak, submissive, cowardly and can't do so much as change a flat tire anymore.

I thought I read somewhere that it might have to do with all the millions of women taking birth control pills and then peeing the hormones into the water supply.

Anti Federalist
09-07-2010, 01:36 PM
I thought I read somewhere that it might have to do with all the millions of women taking birth control pills and then peeing the hormones into the water supply.

That's been suggested as well.

Something is poisoning men, that much is clear and we'd better all become aware of it.

Could it be on purpose?

Who is more of a threat to the status quo? Men or women?

DamianTV
09-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Uh, what happens when a man takes a birth control pill? As in, like Natilie said, now in the water supply, basically...

Matt Collins
09-07-2010, 03:51 PM
You mean we're drinking your pee?
Eww!
:(

MelissaWV
09-07-2010, 03:58 PM
You mean we're drinking your pee?
Eww!
:(

You're also drinking your own pee, and the pee of countless creatures that have lived since the dawn of time :p

amy31416
09-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Who is more of a threat to the status quo? Men or women?

Used to be women....too bad that was all effed up and morphed into some insane/angry version of feminism.

I guess it's up to all of us now, though there's obviously fewer of us females though.

Southron
09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Those wage gap studies are surprising.

Matt Collins
09-07-2010, 04:15 PM
You're also drinking your own pee, and the pee of countless creatures that have lived since the dawn of time :p
I think I need some mouthwash :(

RonPaulwillWin
09-07-2010, 04:42 PM
So does that mean that they get to pay for the movie tickets now?

MelissaWV
09-07-2010, 04:44 PM
So does that mean that they get to pay for the movie tickets now?

I've never understood why that gets so complicated for some folks. With me, whoever does the inviting has the initial obligation to pay. The person being invited can offer to pay, or not, but if you ask me out I'm going to assume you're paying. If I ask you to accompany me, whether you are my mom, cousin, boyfriend, blind date, friend, co-worker, or whatever, then I'm going to pay.

:)

james1906
09-07-2010, 04:54 PM
And of course, government jobs are the last to be NEVER cut.

Corrected that for you.

Anti Federalist
09-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Corrected that for you.

Thanks, James, WTF was I thinking??

;)

brandon
09-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Can't say I've seen this trend in engineering jobs.

Monarchist
09-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Can't say I've seen this trend in engineering jobs.

Girls can't do math. :D

lucius
09-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Girls can't do math. :D

There is utility in other areas here...sugar and spice...etc...