PDA

View Full Version : The New Anti-War Republicans?

Matt Collins
09-06-2010, 11:22 PM
http://original.antiwar.com/vlahos/2010/07/26/new-antiwar-republicans/

cindy25
09-07-2010, 04:52 AM
WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam were all Democratic wars. until W the Republican party was the peace party.

it was the Republican party that ended the draft (Goldwater, Nixon, Ford, Hatfield, Bush 41 (as a congressman), Rumsfeld (as a congressman) this at the time Bobby and Ted Kennedy, McGovern, Rangel, Scoop Jackson, Fritz Hollings all wanted to keep the draft

the only real peace Democrat is Mike Gravel

speciallyblend
09-07-2010, 06:42 AM
WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam were all Democratic wars. until W the Republican party was the peace party.

it was the Republican party that ended the draft (Goldwater, Nixon, Ford, Hatfield, Bush 41 (as a congressman), Rumsfeld (as a congressman) this at the time Bobby and Ted Kennedy, McGovern, Rangel, Scoop Jackson, Fritz Hollings all wanted to keep the draft

starting to wonder if cindy25 might be Ron Paul:) hehe

libertybrewcity
09-07-2010, 06:47 AM
bump. Another congressman said Ron Paul!!!:D:D:

Matt Collins
09-07-2010, 10:16 AM
the only real peace Democrat is Mike GravelIsn't Kucinich a peace candidate? :confused:

Romulus
09-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Isn't Kucinich a peace candidate? :confused:

Since he sold out on health care - I don't think/believe anything of the man.

BuddyRey
09-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Bump!

Stary Hickory
09-07-2010, 06:50 PM

Exactly, the Republicans USED to be halfway decent on foreign policy until the Neocons relocated there from the left. I wish the hell they would go back where they came from.

Stary Hickory
09-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Since he sold out on health care - I don't think/believe anything of the man.

You can't be a "peace candidate" and support open war on your own population. Which is what Obamacare is.