PDA

View Full Version : The Impossible Task Before Us - The Ideological Divide

TNforPaul45
09-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Something has been weighing on my mind here lately, and I'm not quite sure how to express it. First I will start with the following "ThinkProgress.org" article:

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/09/03/buck-schools/

Did you read it carefully? Did you see what they did there? Ken Buck, don't know the guy, or of the guy, but he appears to be talking about the general ruination of the American education system by the flawed, collectivist policies of the Dept. of Education, which Congressman Paul has railed against.

ThinkProgress, who is not the most even-balanced news source out there (but it is fascinating to see what kind of slant and comments get applied to articles) immediately, without any wording from Buck (that i know of) to point towards it, turns it into a racial issue. Notice the picture they put up.

Of course everyone in here is for racial tolerance and the end of racism, being as we are all, mostly, Libertarians/Liberty Followers of one shade or the other. But you see how this is sheer propaganda.

To make the point I made in my Thread Title, not only do we have the nearly impossible task of converting the Masses of GOP-ites, but also, the masses of Liberal-ites as well.

We are vastly outnumbered, with a majority of the masses unable to think for themselves. I don't mean to get us all depressed, but something I learned in the last year, that relates to this, would be beneficial to keep in mind: Not everyone can be made to actually think issues through.

I have this bad, BAD feeling, that the masses on the "right" and the masses on the "left" are going to become so divided, that communication will break down, and then the shooting/violence will start.

I did NOT say we would be a part of that violence, and absolutely do NOT advocate it. We are better than that, of course, we shoot with our words and ideas. But I think you would all agree that in the back of your minds, far off in your vision, you can see where this is all going. That things are going to get nasty. And that we have to try and "convert" many over to "thought" as we can.

As the Left and Right attack each other ever more violently, ever more violently will they come after us as we attempt to bring down their system.

I don't guess that I've added any knowledge to our conversation stream, but.........there you go. :(

RedStripe
09-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Nah, most people on the left and right are dumb party cheerleaders who treat politics like some sick combination of professional sports and a reality TV show, and have only the most elementary understanding of ideology. They're in it for entertainment.

LatinsforPaul
09-06-2010, 07:09 PM
I think they all need to watch Stossell

YouTube - Stupid in America (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx4pN-aiofw)

lynnf
09-06-2010, 07:54 PM
nah, not to worry. the left doesn't believe in guns so they don't have any, and the right won't find any sport in shooting unarmed people, so I don't think you have anything to worry about there. what you should be concerned about is when the dollar is worthless and foreign countries refuse to sell us food, then the unarmed might try to take food from the armed and get shot that way.

lynn

Anti Federalist
09-06-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm not looking for the left/right fight to start anytime soon.

Each side has their own mouthpieces, gatekeepers and "relief valves" to keep everybody in line.

Besides, when comes right down to it, one side is scared and the other glad of it.