PDA

View Full Version : US Cartoon of Mexican Flag Draws Ire

lynnf
09-06-2010, 06:25 PM
http://o.aolcdn.com/photo-hub/news_gallery/6/8/684322/1283615483162.JPEG

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/us-cartoon-of-mexican-flag-draws-ire-across-the-border/19621257

An American cartoonist's rendition of the Mexican flag is causing controversy south of the border, where Mexicans say it's offensive to taint their national symbol with images of drug violence.

forsmant
09-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Knock Knock
Who's There?
boo
Boohoo

WaltM
09-06-2010, 07:33 PM
lol

Monarchist
09-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I suppose when drug cartels do it, it's okay...

http://cloud1.sdpnoticias.com/sdp/blackbox/imagecache/nota_300xN_real/bandera-los-zetas.jpg

Knightskye
09-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Some people want a constitutional amendment banning flag burning. What do they think of this?

lynnf
09-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Some people want a constitutional amendment banning flag burning. What do they think of this?

I think the Mexicans wouldn't like for their flag to be burned, either.

lynn

BlackTerrel
09-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Well hopefully this won't illicit a similar response as the Mohammed cartoons.

I don't know if people realize this but.... it's a fucking cartoon.

Jace
09-06-2010, 08:36 PM

Liberty_Mike
09-06-2010, 09:06 PM
LMAO @ this cartoon!

james1906
09-06-2010, 09:13 PM
where Mexicans say it's offensive to taint their national symbol with images of drug violence.

Yep, we're offensive. Your fragile little minds can't handle us. Hop the fence to Guatemala instead.

BlackTerrel
09-06-2010, 10:00 PM
I live in California.

Here if you burn the American flag in public, there is a slight chance you might make the newspaper as being a war protester or some kind of hippy radical. You might come under attack from self-righteous senior citizens who write patriotic letters to the editor about World War II. But others will defend your right to free speech.

Sounds about right. That is about what should happen.

But if you burn the Mexican flag in public, you will be physically threatened and the full force of the federal government and the media will come crashing down on your shoulders. Bullets will be shot into your house while you are sleeping. Your life will be in danger and your reputation will be dragged through the mud. If you don't believe me and you live in California, then try it. See if you are free to burn the Mexican flag in this so-called free country.

Give two examples.

Now, if you really want to test if this is a free country or not. Try burning an Israeli flag in public. See what happens then.

Give two examples.

tnvoter
09-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Knock Knock
Who's There?
boo
Boohoo

lol'd

Jace
09-06-2010, 11:21 PM

BlackTerrel
09-07-2010, 01:43 AM
I will give you as an example. You live in Silicon Valley. Go to downtown San Jose around 5 p.m. and burn the American flag. Then wait a week, and burn the Mexican flag. Video tape it and report back.

Now go to Mountian View where they built that giant, walled Jewish community center. Do the same thing, but replace the Mexican flag with an Isreali one. Video tape and report back.

That's not an example.

So when you said

But if you burn the Mexican flag in public, you will be physically threatened and the full force of the federal government and the media will come crashing down on your shoulders. Bullets will be shot into your house while you are sleeping. Your life will be in danger and your reputation will be dragged through the mud. If you don't believe me and you live in California, then try it.

That was all just made up.

I am sure if you went into certain dangerous neighborhoods and were antagonistic you might get a violent result. But 99% of people - have enough going on in their lives they are not going to worry too much about some douchebag burning a flag.

crazyfacedjenkins
09-07-2010, 02:38 AM
That's not an example.

So when you said

But if you burn the Mexican flag in public, you will be physically threatened and the full force of the federal government and the media will come crashing down on your shoulders. Bullets will be shot into your house while you are sleeping. Your life will be in danger and your reputation will be dragged through the mud. If you don't believe me and you live in California, then try it.

I am sure if you went into certain dangerous neighborhoods and were antagonistic you might get a violent result. But 99% of people - have enough going on in their lives they are not going to worry too much about some douchebag burning a flag.

How true is that? One of the huge reasons why we have 40% voter turnout on election night.

puppetmaster
09-07-2010, 02:52 AM
That's not an example.

So when you said

well actually the kids who wore t-shirts with the American flag to school on May 5th 2010 did get death threats....so his scenario is not out of the realm of possibilities.

And since I am a betting man I would bet his side over yours all day long.