PDA

View Full Version : Why did Ron Paul endorse John Koster from Washington State?

JK/SEA
09-05-2010, 07:55 PM
In this televised debate, Koster comes off as a warmongering NEOCON.

http://www.king5.com/community/blogs/politiking/Up-Front-Extra-Koster-Larsen-after-the-on-air-debate-102197169.html

MRoCkEd
09-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Yeah... Ron hands out endorsements pretty easily. He endorsed Koster because he is the most liberty-friendly in the race, even if he's not that great.

Galileo Galilei
09-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Yeah... Ron hands out endorsements pretty easily. He endorsed Koster because he is the most liberty-friendly in the race, even if he's not that great.

Ron is looking for candidates who will PUSH, not just vote for a full audit of the Fed. He's also looking for candidates who will assist him when he runs for president. Ron understands that when the People turn against the wars, then reps like Koster will vote against it.

Icymudpuppy
09-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Washington state as a whole is pretty strongly anti-war. Koster will lose as a warmonger.

libertybrewcity
09-06-2010, 12:58 AM
National Security

The primary legitimate function of the Federal government is national security. I believe in a strong military that is well funded and second to none.

Terrorists and terrorism must be dealt with swiftly and severely. It is unacceptable that terrorists be given Miranda rights and tried in civilian courts.

George Washington warned about foreign alliances, interventions and entanglements. That was good advice to safeguard our national security and we should always consider it carefully. A foreign intervention is justified when it legitimately protects our national interests and security.

His website makes him sound legit, but his answer to the question on tv did make him sound like a warmonger. I guess I trust Ron's opinion, but would be a little leery to vote for him. The district won't likely switch hands.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-06-2010, 01:01 AM
The NW does produce some pretty strong Anti-War politicians (at least in the past..). We could do well with a whole chamber filled with Jeannette Rankins on this issue (The only one to vote against WWII (And she voted against WWI) -- She was GOP too, back when the GOP actually was pretty strongly Anti-War (Her other stances sucked ass though...)).

Fozz
09-06-2010, 01:44 AM
Ron Paul also endorsed warmongers like Mike Lee and Michele Bachmann, and in 2008, Islamophobic neocon Virgil Goode.

Ron Paul is great, but his endorsements can be surprisingly pragmatic, and they include people who I would never vote for.