PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a Ron Paul Lover...

Philhelm
09-05-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm curious about what made you gravitate toward Ron Paul, other than the obvious philosophies we may share. What I credit Ron Paul with the most, is his anti-war stance. I credit Ron Paul for breaking me from my slumber, and realizing that it was okay to be against a war in which America is/was involved in. I had grown up hating the anti-war protesters from the Vietnam era, especially with the spitting on the troops, and scenarios of the sort.

I had served in the Army Reserve, and had been deployed in Iraq. While I was proud of my service, I had wondered why we had went into Iraq, especially since I got out of basic traing two months before I was deployed to Iraq in 2003 (I didn't have the luxury of watching the news, and I wasn't as interested in keeping up on current events at the time). In any case, I had mixed feelings about the war, but for a time, I had defended it in my classroom discussions against a largely left-wing base of students. I wouldn't say that I've ever been a neoconservative, however.

When I had seen Ron Paul in the 2008 primaries, his words had resonated with me. At last, a true conservative! In addition, his pure conservative ideals made me realize that it was okay to not be for all American wars, and to not be a "liberal pussy". I had been on the fence about the war, until I had started to think about how the U.S. has been in a perpetual state of warfare, which is unbecoming of a constitutional republic.

So, is there anything you all credit Ron Paul for?

P.S. Ron Paul 2012 or bust!

LibertyMage
09-05-2010, 06:49 AM
His stance on war and non-interventionism was a stance I agreed with him on. That position - as well as his consistent voting record - opened me up to considering his other ideas.

newbitech
09-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Listening to Ron Paul, its like a breath of fresh air. What that means to me is that I didn't even realize the bad air I was breathing. I mean I knew it was getting harder and harder to breath, but I had no idea.

Watch this clip, the first like 4-5 minutes. This was my transition in a nutshell.

YouTube - Jodie Foster's mystical flight (Contact) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZhvBkrq6rU)

specsaregood
09-05-2010, 07:30 AM
I came to Dr. Paul his position on the Federal Reserve, he made me anti-war by better explaining how they go hand in hand.

Also, flashback:
YouTube - Confessions of a Junkie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8rsMhQUFkA)

Truth-Bringer
09-05-2010, 07:32 AM
So, is there anything you all credit Ron Paul for?

Standing up for the original intent of the Constitution and explaining to the people what liberty actually is.