PDA

View Full Version : How many vice principals do your local high schools have?

free1
09-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Governments can't seem to find places to cut spending. They need our help!

Property taxes in most areas have school funding as the #1 highest percentage of the tax.

Have you checked how many? Do they even list it in your area? What are they paid?

Bad students are called to the Principals office. What does the vice principal do? Why do they need more than one?

If they do paperwork, why not have a few teachers stay a few extra hours and do it at their pay rate since they don't work 8 hours anyway.

libertybrewcity
09-04-2010, 09:16 PM
1 or none

bkreigh
09-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Governments can't seem to find places to cut spending. They need our help!

Property taxes in most areas have school funding as the #1 highest percentage of the tax.

Have you checked how many? Do they even list it in your area? What are they paid?

Bad students are called to the Principals office. What does the vice principal do? Why do they need more than one?

If they do paperwork, why not have a few teachers stay a few extra hours and do it at their pay rate since they don't work 8 hours anyway.

Dude you are just thinking about the time they teaching class. You dont take into account the time they put in to organize the classes and grade paperwork, quizes, tests, etc. Id guess most of this is done at home.

Think outside the box man.

james1906
09-04-2010, 09:39 PM
My high school had 1 vice principal, and he did the discipline. The principal was rarely seen.

t0rnado
09-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Dude you are just thinking about the time they teaching class. You dont take into account the time they put in to organize the classes and grade paperwork, quizes, tests, etc. Id guess most of this is done at home.

Think outside the box man.

It looks like you were brainwashed in a public school.

The average vice principal in my town is paid around $120k for yelling at children. That's theft as far as I see it. They don't grade tests, organize classes, or anything else. Organizing classes is done with software and grading tests is now, for the most part, is done with ScanTron machines.

Public education needs to be abolished anyways. Arguing over whether certain positions within the system should exist or not is irrelevant when the entire system needs to be destroyed.

Rothbardian Girl
09-04-2010, 09:45 PM
We have four. One for each grade. It's a tremendous waste of money, as my school is pretty orderly as far as public high schools go. Everything is also done electronically, too. I can't remember the last time I didn't take at least some sort of test with a Scantron.

bkreigh
09-04-2010, 09:58 PM
It looks like you were brainwashed in a public school.

The average vice principal in my town is paid around $120k for yelling at children. That's theft as far as I see it. They don't grade tests, organize classes, or anything else. Organizing classes is done with software and grading tests is now, for the most part, is done with ScanTron machines.

Public education needs to be abolished anyways. Arguing over whether certain positions within the system should exist or not is irrelevant when the entire system needs to be destroyed.

You idiot. I didnt say the vice principal did that shit. I was talking about the teachers. If the teachers dont do that then who does?

I agree that there should be no more than 1. That was not what i responding to though.

Furthermore, its a state issue and i dont know where you live so bitch to them about it and not me.

Matt Collins
09-04-2010, 10:00 PM
5 VPs at my high school - but it was fairly large.

DjLoTi
09-04-2010, 10:20 PM
i also had 5 or 6, for a school with about 2k students

t0rnado
09-05-2010, 03:04 AM
You idiot. I didnt say the vice principal did that shit. I was talking about the teachers. If the teachers dont do that then who does?

I agree that there should be no more than 1. That was not what i responding to though.

Furthermore, its a state issue and i dont know where you live so bitch to them about it and not me.

The public education you revere hasn't taught you basic grammatical and spelling skills. Public school teachers are useless and calling it a state issue is just an excuse.

MelissaWV
09-05-2010, 07:19 AM
The public education you revere hasn't taught you basic grammatical and spelling skills. Public school teachers are useless and calling it a state issue is just an excuse.

The poster you're battling was responding to the accusation that teachers work fewer than eight hours to begin with, so why not spread the paperwork among them rather than having a VP? I would have to agree with him about the hours; only half of my teachers worked a day that went less than eight hours. Those did what you said, and taught using videos and worksheets and other such tripe. My Honors Physics teacher was a huge fan of Bill Nye the Science Guy and would leave the episodes running while he sat in the back reading the paper and surfing the internet.

Incidentally, your prior post did not exhibit perfect grammar and contained an error or two of its own.

As for the OP, the schools here have one VP, and they usually handle the day-to-day discipline and operation of the school. The principal, unfortunately, is saddled with all the politics of public school. They are hardly ever at any of the schools around here. They spend more time acting as lobbyists, interacting with the school board, and answering for litigation or begging for funding, than they do dealing with anything actually related to education. That should clue even the most clueless in to the fact that there is something hugely wrong with the system the way it is.

There's nothing wrong with having schools at the community level, but when Government sticks its fingers into it, things go wrong at an astounding rate.

squarepusher
09-05-2010, 07:37 AM
VP's in San Diego make about $135k, and full principals make $150K+. Local high schools have between 2-4 VP's. I used to work in the school district and I have seen the pay scales.

Oh yeah, and keep in mind its not like they have full work years, factor in vacation that is nearing $200k adjusted for private sector.

RM918
09-05-2010, 07:45 AM
We had three in mine.