PDA

View Full Version : Mike Beitler for U.S. Senate (L-NC)

BuddyRey
09-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Pickings are pretty slim for voters in North Carolina looking for a Senate selection they can endorse without feeling like they need a long shower afterward. Richard Burr has been, at best, a fiscal moderate, and an active enabler of Bushbama's big government intrusions into all areas of our lives insofar as he has been able to get away with it. His Democratic opponent certainly doesn't seem much better.

However, I did find out that there's a Libertarian running against Burr as well, and his name is Mike Beitler. I was just wondering what everyone here thought about him, and whether he would be someone that libertarians (small-l and big-L alike) would consider a savory alternative.

shanklinmike
09-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Beitler is the only candidate to vote for in the Senate race.

Burr and Marshall are big government cronies, they supported TARP, the auto bailouts, war in Pakistan, cash for clunkers,....the list goes on and on and on.

Only Beitler will represent true self-ownership and personal Freedom....and he is gaining!

http://beitlerforsenate.com

South Park Fan
09-04-2010, 11:26 PM
PPP has shown him polling decently against Burr and Marshall (high single digits). He seems like a good candidate for a third-party, hopefully he can break into double digits.

BuddyRey
09-04-2010, 11:45 PM
PPP has shown him polling decently against Burr and Marshall (high single digits). He seems like a good candidate for a third-party, hopefully he can break into double digits.

That's good! I hope we can build awareness of him in time to present a serious challenge to the Republicrats. I'm so tired of Burr, Hagan, and the usual gang of grinning good ol' boy politicians here in NC.

South Park Fan
09-04-2010, 11:53 PM
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_NC_831.pdf

Beitler's at 6%, including 15% with Independents. Since Burr is running decently ahead of Marshall, that is less likely to disintegrate near Election Day (e.g. New Jersey 2009)

aclove
09-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Beitler needs to make an issue of Burr's co-sponsorship of S. 510. Organics and backyard gardens are increasingly popular with Tea Partiers in NC, and Beitler could make some inroads there by causing a big stink over the bill and Burr's association with it. He could both pick up support and cause Burr some heartburn.