PDA

View Full Version : If we're gonna do this....

Nathan Hale
09-03-2010, 08:35 PM
...can we please bring up the John Dennis forum too?

Flash
09-03-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm not the admin, but John Dennis doesn't have a chance at winning. It wouldn't make much sense to promote him over Rand Paul or Glen Bradley.

Nathan Hale
09-05-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm not the admin, but John Dennis doesn't have a chance at winning. It wouldn't make much sense to promote him over Rand Paul or Glen Bradley.

That's not true. He's in no worse of a position than Schiff was or BJ Lawson is. For all that his district is a very liberal district, he's coming at the politics from a different angle, and he's outmanuevered Pelosi on the two issues that make SF a very liberal district - gays and foreign policy.

TCE
09-05-2010, 12:35 PM
That's not true. He's in no worse of a position than Schiff was or BJ Lawson is. For all that his district is a very liberal district, he's coming at the politics from a different angle, and he's outmanuevered Pelosi on the two issues that make SF a very liberal district - gays and foreign policy.

So you're saying we already have two people on the main board who have/had no chance, so why not John Dennis? Iffy logic. We should remove the people who have no chance instead of adding more. Pelosi's is one of the safest districts in the country. Unless John Dennis spends millions and millions of dollars, he can't win because he has an "R" next to his name. He is running a purely educational campaign.

Nathan Hale
09-06-2010, 12:15 PM
So you're saying we already have two people on the main board who have/had no chance, so why not John Dennis? Iffy logic. We should remove the people who have no chance instead of adding more.

You're assuming that I believe none of them have/had a chance, but all I said was that they all had the same chance. Truth is, I consider all three viable candidates.

Pelosi's is one of the safest districts in the country. Unless John Dennis spends millions and millions of dollars, he can't win because he has an "R" next to his name. He is running a purely educational campaign.

vs a normal Republican, Pelosi's district is one of the safest. But this year she has high negatives, John Dennis is outflanking her on the issues and he's making waves in the media. Yes, millions would help, but SF is a small district and millions are not required so long as his campaign markets and promotes itself correctly.