PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Rockwell post on the Kochtopus, Alan Grayson, Ron Paul and the Fed

sailingaway
09-03-2010, 04:40 PM
http://www.ethiopianreview.com/index/138459

Given this sort of history, and the fact that Koch industries donated to Rand Paul's OPPONENT in the primaries, I find the new DNC meme that the Kochs are bankrolling the tea parties, and hence supporting RAND to be hilarious. They may be using the tea parties, but the sure aren't supporting Rand. They are trying to use his and other tea party candidates' momentum.

On the other hand, I lost my grudging admiration for Grayson when he could have pushed with Ron on the Fed audit when Sanders sold out. That was the final straw, since Grayson had already voted for the Patriot Act. I can't put that together with 'principled progressivism'.

Still, if the Kochs are fighting him, they must see him as key in marshalling the Dems on the fed audit, and he was very instrumental to bringing them on board, to be truthful.

Mikeforpaul
09-03-2010, 04:51 PM
What is a dead-tree hitmen?

sailingaway
09-03-2010, 05:52 PM
What is a dead-tree hitmen?

I wondered that myself. Off to google to find out....

--
googled and still no clue. A couple of walk throughs for video games is all I saw....

SLSteven
09-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Ethiopian Review?

sailingaway
09-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Ethiopian Review?

It came up in a google search on Rand. Why, I have no clue. It appears to be a partial reprint of an article somewhere else.

SLSteven
09-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Here it is on LRC Blog:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/64928.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

In this version he writes: tabloid hitmen instead of dead-tree hitmen

awake
09-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Dead tree = paper, news papers, print media.

amy31416
09-03-2010, 08:17 PM
http://www.ethiopianreview.com/index/138459

Given this sort of history, and the fact that Koch industries donated to Rand Paul's OPPONENT in the primaries, I find the new DNC meme that the Kochs are bankrolling the tea parties, and hence supporting RAND to be hilarious. They may be using the tea parties, but the sure aren't supporting Rand. They are trying to use his and other tea party candidates' momentum.

On the other hand, I lost my grudging admiration for Grayson when he could have pushed with Ron on the Fed audit when Sanders sold out. That was the final straw, since Grayson had already voted for the Patriot Act. I can't put that together with 'principled progressivism'.

Still, if the Kochs are fighting him, they must see him as key in marshalling the Dems on the fed audit, and he was very instrumental to bringing them on board, to be truthful.

Grayson voted for the "Patriot" Act? He can go fuck himself. I know the Fed audit is more important, but damn...the Patriot Act should be a no-brainer for a "progressive" (whatever the hell that is.)

Kludge
09-03-2010, 08:21 PM
The Kochs will be dead far before the vast majority of us.

Forget about them - focus on the future of our movement.

sailingaway
09-03-2010, 10:58 PM
The Kochs will be dead far before the vast majority of us.

Forget about them - focus on the future of our movement.

The Kochs are the latest DNC talking point against tea party candidates, and they always mention Rand even though Koch industries donated to his primary OPPONENT. So it is current, at least in Kentucky.

RM918
09-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Dead tree = paper, news papers, print media.

It's in urban dictionary, too!