PDA

View Full Version : On Camera: Rand Paul explains his positions on jobs, health care and social security

RonPaulFanInGA
09-03-2010, 02:30 PM
hXXp://politics.mycn2.com/2010/09/03/on-camera-rand-paul-explains-his-positions-on-the-jobs-health-care-and-social-security/

Speaking to a group of young professionals in Northern Kentucky, Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul returned to talking about the major themes that propelled him to a Republican primary victory in May: cutting government and let the private sector lead in job creation.

YouTube - Rand Paul-Social Security.avi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyuy4Z3Gol0)

YouTube - Rand Paul-HSA.avi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDGOR0wZlpU)

YouTube - Rand Paul-Balancing Budget.avi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydb8YLKN6ak)

YouTube - Rand Paul-Ed & Ag.avi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QIWEI-G8v8)

sailingaway
09-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Thank you!

Actual substance!!

Dang, but how long has it been since we've been allowed to address that??

Sola_Fide
09-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks TS

ScotTX
09-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Thank you!

Actual substance!!

Dang, but how long has it been since we've been allowed to address that??

Substance. Exactly!

And he didn't mention that other dude's name one time.

thomas-in-ky
09-04-2010, 05:43 AM
What a breath of fresh air, compared to the stagnant BS in DC now. Rand will win this election by speaking the truth in a logical manner that is palatable to the electorate. Moreover, these videos provide excellent talking points for those of us who want to spread constitutional conservatism locally.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Rand is no Ron that is for sure. Why the fuck would you want to keep the Department of Ag? Where in the mighty Constitution is the Department of Agriculture Rand? Look at Sec 1. Article 8, does it appear? And the politician games roll on duna duna duh duh dun *song sounds*. (And lol @ the SS...yeah, lets punish the young people some more Rand..GET RID OF SS for fucks sake..I'm tired of being a farm for the elderly)

sailingaway
09-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Rand is no Ron that is for sure. Why the fuck would you want to keep the Department of Ag? Where in the mighty Constitution is the Department of Agriculture Rand? Look at Sec 1. Article 8, does it appear? And the politician games roll on duna duna duh duh dun *song sounds*. (And lol @ the SS...yeah, lets punish the young people some more Rand..GET RID OF SS for fucks sake..I'm tired of being a farm for the elderly)

What about the fact that they were forced by law to put the money in all their working lives and now are past the point where they have enough working time left to save for retirement? There is a property right there, as well, particularly when you add interest and the government caused inflation eroding what they put in, to begin with.

That is why Ron says reform and pay social security, but cut the empire etc to pay for it, and let the young people out. YOu will make a lot of enemies turning this into generational warfare, both those who paid all their lives AND the young who wouldn't see it if THEY paid in all their lives have just cause to be furious about this.

TheDriver
09-04-2010, 08:39 AM

By the way, would you also be for getting rid of the military (standing army)?

Sola_Fide
09-04-2010, 08:56 AM

I'm with you man.

But I grew up in Ky, lived there all my life, and I can tell you that if anything Kentucky is a really centrist state. It is definitely not this awesome repository of libertarian thought (or even conservative thought).

So I think Rand is moderating some of his positions because of that. Do I like that? No. But it is better than having Conway in the Senate.

This election (Rand/Conway) is a referrendum on Obama. We need to win this election. Rand can't win in Ky by being an ideological libertarian. It's sad but true. Ky is filled with neo-cons.

TheTyke
09-04-2010, 10:57 AM
It's a shame we don't have someone like Austrian Econ Disciple in Kentucky who would so respectfully bludgeon the voters over the head until they agreed with every exact detail of our philosphy. (Whew!)

But I guess we'll have to make do with Ron Paul's son, then. Shucks!

sailingaway
09-04-2010, 12:46 PM
It's a shame we don't have someone like Austrian Econ Disciple in Kentucky who would so respectfully bludgeon the voters over the head until they agreed with every exact detail of our philosphy. (Whew!)!

Would he do it during the campaign?

RonPaulFanInGA
09-04-2010, 12:57 PM
It's a shame we don't have someone like Austrian Econ Disciple in Kentucky who would so respectfully bludgeon the voters over the head until they agreed with every exact detail of our philosphy. (Whew!)

Is there a dumber myth spread on this website than the one about "education campaigns"? I don't think so.

ScotTX
09-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Rand is the perfect Ron Paul Republican candidate. He's was born and raised on strict libertarian philosophy, but understands professional politics better than most from first-hand experience. He knows how to deliver the ideas in a much more palatable way than Ron does which means toning it down a bit sometimes. We're going to have to use a tactic that has been so successful for our opponents in the past; incrementalism.