PDA

View Full Version : You had better "racially profile" or you could end up in jail.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2010, 12:35 AM
Ok, this is a long and confused story.

Here's the upshot of it: A Texas man was convicted by the feds of selling a handgun to an illegal immigrant.

Said immigrant had a valid Texas driver's license, which is valid for proof of ID for purchase from any ATF licensed dealer.

That was not enough to save the private citizen in this case:

In a trial before Federal Judge Sam Sparks, government lawyers conceded Texas resident Paul Copeland did not know his buyer was an illegal alien, but the jury they should convict him anyway because he “had reasonable cause to believe” he was selling to an illegal alien because the two men and a boy who were present at his table at the time of the sale: 1) were Hispanic, 2) spoke Spanish, and 3) wore cowboy clothing. And the jury did as asked. Assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Freel acted as lead prosecutor in the case

Feds Convict Texan for Selling a Gun to Illegal Alien With Texas Driver’s License

http://www.infowars.com/feds-convict-texan-for-selling-a-gun-to-illegal-alien-with-texas-drivers-license/

Indy Vidual
09-03-2010, 12:53 AM
The gun seller followed the law and got convicted. :eek:
Where is the motive for others to follow and respect the rule of law?

james1906
09-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Of course stooge Perry will do nothing about this and the brain dead minions of this state will keep re-electing him forever.

pcosmar
09-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Yet another good reason to repeal the NFA 1934 and every law that came after.

NO Restrictions, No infringements.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2010, 12:16 PM
The gun seller followed the law and got convicted. :eek:
Where is the motive for others to follow and respect the rule of law?

Yes, he followed the law.

But that was not enough.

According to the feds, he should have known, by racially profiling the purchaser, that he was an illegal immigrant.

And there is no motive anymore.

I have zero "respect" for the law.

The only reason I even try to follow it, is because I am not prepared to commit suicide by cop.

oyarde
09-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Wtf ??

Anti Federalist
09-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Wtf ??

Yes?

Anti Federalist
09-05-2010, 12:35 PM
///

Zippyjuan
09-05-2010, 12:38 PM
But don't we have to do this if we want to crack down on illegal aliens in the country? :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
09-07-2010, 01:31 PM
///

MelissaWV
09-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Oh and btw... none of you should interact with me. I'm Hispanic, speak Spanish, and have been known to wear some jeans and a cowboy hat from time to time. :D

Promontorium
09-07-2010, 01:58 PM
But don't we have to do this if we want to crack down on illegal aliens in the country? :rolleyes:

That would be the government's job.

oyarde
09-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Oh and btw... none of you should interact with me. I'm Hispanic, speak Spanish, and have been known to wear some jeans and a cowboy hat from time to time. :D

I am not intimidated . :)

Anti Federalist
09-07-2010, 02:06 PM

Well, I'm sure as shit not gonna sell you a gun. ;)

MelissaWV
09-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Well, I'm sure as shit not gonna sell you a gun. ;)

I have a driver's license!

... but an invalid birth certificate.

You know, seriously, that's freaky stuff. I'm going to wind up in jail one day just for kind of sort of being like some people who are breaking laws.

Anti Federalist
09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
You know, seriously, that's freaky stuff. I'm going to wind up in jail one day just for kind of sort of being like some people who are breaking laws.

You and me and everybody else.

A two path career track in the good ol' US of Ay is emerging:

You can be a guard or a convict.

:mad:

oyarde
09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
I have a driver's license!

... but an invalid birth certificate.

How am I supposed to know the birth certificate is invalid ? I have no guns for sale . I will just lend you one .

Anti Federalist
09-07-2010, 02:26 PM
How am I supposed to know the birth certificate is invalid ? I have no guns for sale . I will just lend you one .

Pretty sure that's against the law as well.

oyarde
09-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Pretty sure that's against the law as well.

Well , I thought I could get around it that way .

Pericles
09-07-2010, 03:31 PM
A minor reason why I only buy weapons, and can't think of a reason why I would sell any.

DamianTV
09-07-2010, 03:35 PM
This sounds more like: "You will find him guilty or we will prosecute the members of the jury next!" to me...

Acala
09-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Very interesting. Under Title 7 of the Federal Civil Rights act, it is illegal to discriminate in a commercial transaction on the basis of race, ethnicity, or country of origin. So this guy was given a choice - violate title 7 or violate GCA 68. I wonder if his lawyer argued that.