PDA

View Full Version : Destroying America's Culture

FrankRep
09-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Destroying America's Culture (http://www.jbs.org/component/content/article/1009-commentary/6463-destroying-americas-culture)

John F. McManus | John Birch Society (http://www.jbs.org/)
02 September 2010

The following article originally appeared in the October 2, 1995 issue of The Birch Log. Its message is even more timely today than when it was first written 15 years ago.

Our nation is in the midst of an ongoing revolution in which leaders allow and even promote the casting adrift of the values, traditions, and behavior that have fostered America's greatness. Many of those who should be protecting our nation's cultural heritage are insidiously working to destroy it. One of the means being used to carry out this sinister business is uncontrolled immigration.

Some of the destroyers are motivated by a selfish ambition for personal power with no concern for the next generation — or even for their own progeny. But others give evidence of being stimulated by a determination to destroy our Western civilization and build in its place a new world order in which the human race will kneel before them.

Foundations Under Attack

Borrowing from the best of European thought and experience, the Founders of America created a country built on the twin foundations of government limited by law and people limited by the freely accepted codes contained in the Ten Commandments. If government wasn't limited, our Founders believed, it would become tyrannical. And if people wouldn't limit themselves, they would end up inviting a tyrannical ruler. So the United States of America was launched by a deeply religious people and a history-making Constitution.

For much of the 20th century, however, insidious attacks on the religious base of our nation have come in a flood. Supreme Court decisions, laws, entertainment, even religious institutions that have abandoned traditional morality for the "social gospel," have chipped away at our self-rule. As a result, many Americans have exhibited the classic trait of an ungoverned populace: They turn for leadership to, as Cicero once said, "someone bold and unscrupulous ... who curries favor with the people by giving them other men's property."

In other words, people who abandon self-rule look to government to plunder their fellow citizens. And despicable leaders who recognize and stimulate this criminal tendency are only too glad to worsen the slide. They actually legalize crime. After all, one's path to personal power becomes a downhill saunter when the masses insist on more and larger government.

Current Manifestations

While America's culture is under attack from many quarters, we point here only to the immigration problem and its related consequences. The U.S. Constitution grants Congress power "to repel invasions." But in recent years America has been invaded by countless hordes of illegal aliens who are being used by a revolutionary political movement to restructure everything about America. Congress has done nothing to stop it and has instead worsened the problem with amnesties for illegal entrants and with a growing assortment of wealth-redistribution schemes for these aliens and others. In addition, court decisions — which could be and should be challenged by Congress — have made a mockery of the once-revered privilege of U.S. citizenship.

In 1993, the U.S. Congress passed and President Clinton eagerly signed into law what is euphemistically known as the "motor-voter law." It forces state officials to register as a voter anyone who has an easily obtainable driver's license, or who seeks to be registered at a welfare agency or through the mail. This law explicitly discourages verification of American citizenship by barring "any requirement for notarization or other formal authentication" of an applicant's status. The result has been an open door to multiple registration, fraudulent voting, and easily manipulated bloc voting.

The U.S. Constitution — to which the President and all members of Congress are by oath solemnly committed — clearly reserves to the states the authority to establish voter qualifications. One qualification which most Americans believe still applies is that all voters must be citizens. But now, non-citizen and bloc voting have the potential to dominate — by fraudulent means — several states, and even the federal government itself.

Unscrupulous leaders are using swarms of illegal aliens and relaxed immigration laws to change this nation. Millions are lured here by easy access to welfare, medical care, education, housing, and other government benefits (none of which the federal government has any constitutional authority to provide). Little but talk is offered by federal officials to stop the flood of illegal immigrants, while still-remaining barriers to completely open borders are ignored.

Those who lately arrive here — and, sad to say, many others who are born here — have no appreciation of the fundamentally important need to limit government power and to govern themselves. They have been captured by a false philosophy holding that government has a duty to take care of them. Such a philosophy ultimately leads to the undoing of a civilization.

Then and Now

In years past, those who came here assimilated into American ways. Retaining some proper love of their heritage, they proudly and speedily sought to become known as "Americans" first and foremost. Today, venal politicians have arranged to have special groups become more important than individuals or the founding principles of our nation. As a result, a huge percentage of the population prefers a hyphenated name, not the simple and once-revered name "American."

America was made great through self-reliant people and strictly limited government, not through uncontrolled government and politically manipulated hordes who have become wards of the state. Anyone who ignores our unique national heritage or works to undo it is unworthy of the lofty title "American." Real Americans demand better leadership at all levels.

SOURCE:
http://www.jbs.org/component/content/article/1009-commentary/6463-destroying-americas-culture

johngr
09-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Revilo Oliver was drummed out of JBS for daring to say who's doing the destroying.

FrankRep
09-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Revilo Oliver was drummed out of JBS for daring to say who's doing the destroying.

Johngr, it's NOT the Religious Jews.

I'll criticize Karl Marx, Jew turned Atheist/Communist, and I'll criticize the Rothschild International Banking family for funding countries to fight each other and helping to create the Federal Reserve.

Murray Rothbard, Ludwig von Mises, Albert Einstein etc... are Jewish. The Jews, collectively, get blamed because of a few bad apples like Karl Marx and the Rothschilds.

Working Poor
09-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Maybe people will start renouncing their citizenship and become citizens of Mexico and come back into the country to so they can get a job.

raistlinkishtar
09-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Murray Rothbard, Ludwig von Mises, Albert Einstein etc... are Jewish. The Jews, collectively, get blamed because of a few bad apples like Karl Marx and the Rothschilds.

The same comparison could be made of the nazis. The rotten apples we always giving people like Oscar Schindler a bad name...causing collective blame.

Seraphim
09-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Maybe people will start renouncing their citizenship and become citizens of Mexico and come back into the country to so they can get a job.

Only to then become citizens of The North American Union. :rolleyes: lol :)

Deborah K
09-03-2010, 10:01 AM
The same comparison could be made of the nazis. The rotten apples we always giving people like Oscar Schindler a bad name...causing collective blame.

Schindler wasn't a Nazi.

raistlinkishtar
09-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Schindler wasn't a Nazi.

He was a member of the nazi party like thousands (if not millions) of other Germans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Schindler

All those good apples being spoiled by the bad (per my original point)......

Deborah K
09-03-2010, 10:19 AM
He was a member of the nazi party like thousands (if not millions) of other Germans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Schindler

All those good apples being spoiled by the bad (per my original point)......

My mistake.

erowe1
09-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm not on the 100% open borders side of things. But I really don't like at all when people use the preservation of some kind of "American culture" as a reason to limit immigration.

It is none of Congress's business to protect any American culture from changing, or for that matter for there to exist any such thing as American culture at all.

raistlinkishtar
09-03-2010, 10:48 AM
It is none of Congress's business to protect any American culture from changing, or for that matter for there to exist any such thing as American culture at all.

I agree that Congress can't define who we are. However, I don't want my young daughters growing up in a 3rd world cesspool where women are regularly raped and beaten.

Do you recongize my PERSONAL right to seek to protect my own country from exessive immigration from countries where I would find living intolerable (like Mexico?).

Promontorium
09-03-2010, 10:49 AM
I appreciate that some of you may value the old ways.

I reject them. First they betrayed me in every way one can be betrayed, and my life under your culture was marked by suffering, not brilliance or prosperity. It would take me far too long to explain, however I will say when I abandoned holding the torch of the past, my life immediately improved.

Second I oppose the old culture of America on moral grounds, and this is much easier to explain and less personal. America's tradition is racism. It is a rejection of the very values the Constitution claims to espouse. The ink wasn't dry on the paper before this culture became a hypocrisy of that document.

The official and unofficial treament of Native Americans. This is to include the fact that history has erased the true cooperation of the native peoples. For example the Seminole tribe was formed by people from different native tribes, runaway slaves and europeans (white Americans). They lived in sovereign Spanish land. Then Andrew Jackson came along, Florida became America by murderous force, and a trail of tears followed. America welcomed this atrocity. Florida is still in American's hands.

Examples of Americans killing black people, native Americans, and other Europeans or white Americans for land are too numerous to ever count.

Slavery. America loved its slaves. Even though the northern rewriters would have you think otherwise, the north had slaves only a fraction less in time than the south.

The civil war wasn't started to free slaves, but that's what it became, yet reconstruction is seen as "carpetbagging" and it failed because, really, everyone still hated black people.

Jump forward 100 years before black people are even legally considered equal.

The rape of California by land hungry Americans. Slave holding/abusing multi-wife having John Sutter, tyrant rapist killer Fremont, these men are seen as the "fathers" of American California.

The subjugation of the Chinese immigrants America brought here.

The internment of Americans and the striping of all their property because of their race.

The genocide of the Filiponos after the Spanish-American War.

Hawaii.

These are just examples of a larger culture that has perpetually sought to rape murder and remove all people who are not white Americans in America, for land, for profit. A society that honestly believes they are superior to all others, and that this superiority gives carte blanche to act maliciously upon the inferiors.

We aren't through.
Sexism
Hatred of anyone not Christian.
Hatred of anyone not heterosexual.

America's culture is a rejection of individualism. A rejection of other religions, cultures, people living and not being American. And lies. Oh the lies. Lies from the government, lies from the teachers, lies from parents.

Hatred, collectivism, lies, injustice, war. This is your glorious culture.

But looking back, I see general improvement up to today. And looking globally, not many better examples. But as much as has been improved, and as better as this is from that, is every reason not to praise the past. It is to learn from the past. The habit of lying to
make the past seem better has the result of always making the present seem worse, and to glorify the bad circumstances of the past is to invite their return.

Progression is the probably the best thing about America's culture. Its continual improvement is what makes it stand
out in the world. While other nations jump back and forth, leap from terrible oppression to terrible chaos, America grinds away at improvement.

Look forward to continually making the past look worse by comparison. That is called improvement. If we always get better, the past will always look worse

erowe1
09-03-2010, 10:58 AM
I agree that Congress can't define who we are. However, I don't want my young daughters growing up in a 3rd world cesspool where women are regularly raped and beaten.

Do you recongize my PERSONAL right to seek to protect my own country from exessive immigration from countries where I would find living intolerable (like Mexico?).

Yes. It's your personal right to protect your personal property, meaning the space within the property lines defining the land you own. I assume that's what you mean when you say your "own country," since nothing outside those lines is your own to have any say over.

And, by all means, if you have some idea of American culture that you want to preserve and you want to do it personally, then that's precisely the way to do it. If you and your daughters want to pass on whatever cultural traits you think are important for your family by marrying those who share those cultural traits, having households that maintain them, and freely associating with other families who do the same, then you can by doing that ensure the survival of that culture for as long as people who have those traits choose to preserve them. The presence of other families elsewhere in the country who have other ideas about what cultural traits they want to preserve shouldn't impede you at all.