PDA

View Full Version : Bunning predicts a Rand Paul win in KY, citing 'unbelievable' intensity

sailingaway
09-02-2010, 11:52 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/41734.html

mind you the article itself is snarky as hell, and inaccurate about what Rand said on drugs, but still....

ScotTX
09-03-2010, 10:55 AM
What I don't get is Bunning saying that Rand will win in spite of himself. It sounds like he's saying that a trained monkey could beat Conway.

He also says that it's his endorsement and the current political climate ie, Tea Party, that has given Rand Paul his chance to win, as if Rand can take no credit for his impending win.

I know Bunning's on our side, but he should just fade away now.

Aratus
09-03-2010, 11:33 AM
senator bunning has been trying to explain the way and why of the universe to mitch mcconnell

sailingaway
09-03-2010, 11:34 AM
What I don't get is Bunning saying that Rand will win in spite of himself. It sounds like he's saying that a trained monkey could beat Conway.

He also says that it's his endorsement and the current political climate ie, Tea Party, that has given Rand Paul his chance to win, as if Rand can take no credit for his impending win.

I think he means dispite any rookie verbal gaffes. It clearly isn't a reflection on how he feels about Rand, whom I think he sees as the next best thing to staying in office himself.

But Rand's 'gaffes' have nothing on Bunnings', and this is merely an example of that.....

None of which has to do with substance.

Rand and Ron helped CREATE the tea party environment, obviously, whereas Bunning merely revels in it now that it is here. I don't think he really knows the genesis of it.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-03-2010, 12:02 PM
and inaccurate about what Rand said on drugs, but still....

That whole paragraph reeked of a thick bias. The media narrative now seems to be to say the drugs thing hurt Paul, but provide no basis or evidence for it. Hell Paul's overall numbers went up yesterday in the Braun poll, and Conway's went down. It's like Politico just makes it up as they go along.

low preference guy
09-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Rand and Ron helped CREATE the tea party environment, obviously, whereas Bunning merely revels in it now that it is here. I don't think he really knows the genesis of it.

I wouldn't bet on it. Bunning is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. The fact that he was the only Senator to have the foresight to oppose Bernanke's first nomination attests to this.

low preference guy
09-03-2010, 12:06 PM

it was just a joke between friends. it won't have any negative effect whatsoever.

Aratus
09-03-2010, 12:23 PM
i like jim bunning! he is a vintage character as he goes into a quasi-premature retirement!

Sola_Fide
09-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Al Cross is such a biased, ridiculous journalist.

He has been the darling leftist of the Courier Journal for decades.

sailingaway
09-03-2010, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't bet on it. Bunning is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. The fact that he was the only Senator to have the foresight to oppose Bernanke's first nomination attests to this.

I think he is very smart but think he was focused elsewhere.

Ethek
09-03-2010, 02:35 PM

Both of you are correct. Bunning does however have a bit of a prideful streak. He cant easily admit the genesis of the Tea Party w/o taking something of himself.