PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane earl being used as an excuse for gun grab in n.c.

Joey Fuller
09-02-2010, 11:41 PM
FULL STORY-
http://www.tennesseesonsofliberty.com/2010/09/hurricane-earl-and-rise-of-police-state.html

EXCERPT-
"North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue must be a big fan of Rahm Emmanuel. Because she took his advice of "never letting a crisis go to waste" by signing Executive Order 62. This "order" prevents gun carry permit holders, hunters, and lawful citizens from carrying a firearm on their person outside of their home. Citizens of North Carolina are also not allowed to transport firearms within their private vehicles. Those citizens who choose civil disobedience and to affirm their natural right of self-defense face a Class 1 Misdemeanor charge, and up to 120 days in jail."

pacelli
09-03-2010, 05:28 AM
FULL STORY-
http://www.tennesseesonsofliberty.com/2010/09/hurricane-earl-and-rise-of-police-state.html

EXCERPT-
"North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue must be a big fan of Rahm Emmanuel. Because she took his advice of "never letting a crisis go to waste" by signing Executive Order 62. This "order" prevents gun carry permit holders, hunters, and lawful citizens from carrying a firearm on their person outside of their home. Citizens of North Carolina are also not allowed to transport firearms within their private vehicles. Those citizens who choose civil disobedience and to affirm their natural right of self-defense face a Class 1 Misdemeanor charge, and up to 120 days in jail."

Where are all of those details in the actual order?

9/1/2010
EO 62: Proclamation of a state of Emergency

EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 62

PROCLAMATION OF A STATE OF EMERGENCY
BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA
DUE TO HURRICANE EARL

Pursuant to the authority vested in me as Governor by the Constitution and the laws of the State of North Carolina:

Section 1.

I declare that a state of emergency exists in the State due to the approach of Hurricane Earl.

Section 2.

I order all state and local government entities and agencies to cooperate in the implementation of the provisions of this proclamation and the provisions of the North Carolina Emergency Operations Plan.

Section 3.

I delegate to Reuben F. Young, Secretary of Crime Control and Public Safety, or his designee, all power and authority granted to me and required of me by Article 1 of Chapter 166A of the General Statutes and Article 36A of Chapter 14 of the General Statutes for the purpose of implementing the State’s Emergency Operations Plan and to take such further action as is necessary to promote and secure the safety and protection of the populace in North Carolina.

Section 4.

Further, Secretary Young, as chief coordinating officer for the State of North Carolina, shall exercise the powers prescribed in G.S. § 143B-476.
Section 5.

I further direct Secretary Young to seek assistance from any and all agencies of the United States Government as may be needed to meet the emergency and seek reimbursement for costs incurred by the State in responding to this emergency.

Section 6.

I hereby order this proclamation: (a) to be distributed to the news media and other organizations calculated to bring its contents to the attention of the general public; (b) unless the circumstances of the state of emergency prevent or impede, to be promptly filed with the Secretary of Crime Control and Public Safety, the Secretary of State, and the clerks of superior court in the counties to which it applies; and (c) to be distributed to others as necessary to assure proper implementation of this proclamation.

Section 7.

This Executive Order is effective immediately and shall remain in effect for thirty (30) days or the duration of the emergency, whichever is less.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto signed my name and affixed the Great Seal of the State of North Carolina at the Capitol in the City of Raleigh, this day first of September in the year of our Lord two thousand and ten, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-fifth.

ATTEST:

http://www.governor09.nc.gov/NewsItems/ExecutiveOrderDetail.aspx?newsItemID=1328

GunnyFreedom
09-03-2010, 05:35 AM
Where are all of those details in the actual order?

[/URL]http://www.governor09.nc.gov/NewsItems/ExecutiveOrderDetail.aspx?newsItemID=1328 (http://www.governor09.nc.gov/NewsItems/ExecutiveOrderDetail.aspx?newsItemID=1328)

They do not have to be, they are codified in State law, and the Legislature and Governor, having been confronted with this in the past, have refused to lift a finger to fix it:

North Carolina governor suspends gun rights

[URL]http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-charlotte/north-carolina-governor-suspends-gun-rights (http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-charlotte/north-carolina-governor-suspends-gun-rights)

At issue is N.C. General Statute 14-288.7, which prohibits transporting a “dangerous weapon” during a state of emergency:

§ 14 288.7. Transporting dangerous weapon or substance during emergency; possessing off premises; exceptions.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area:
(1) In which a declared state of emergency exists; or
(2) Within the immediate vicinity of which a riot is occurring.
(b) This section does not apply to persons exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14 269 with respect to any activities lawfully engaged in while carrying out their duties.
(c) Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. (1969, c. 869, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 192; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

According to § 14 288.1 (10), a state of emergency exists “whenever, during times of public crisis, disaster, rioting, catastrophe, or similar public emergency, public safety authorities are unable to maintain public order or afford adequate protection for lives or property, or whenever the occurrence of any such condition is imminent.”

*Author F. Paul Valone is president and a co-founder of Grass Roots North Carolina.

LibertyEagle
09-03-2010, 05:45 AM
I don't agree with this E.O., obviously, but it doesn't sound like the "gun grab" that is depicted in the title. I see nothing that says that guns are going to be collected, as long as they stay in the home.

james1906
09-03-2010, 06:04 AM
They do not have to be, they are codified in State law, and the Legislature and Governor, having been confronted with this in the past, have refused to lift a finger to fix it:

Please bring tar and feathers on your first day to work.

GunnyFreedom
09-03-2010, 06:27 AM
I don't agree with this E.O., obviously, but it doesn't sound like the "gun grab" that is depicted in the title. I see nothing that says that guns are going to be collected, as long as they stay in the home.

The OP title is misleading. but this has been a pressing issue through the last 4 or 5 states of emergency that I know of. I'm sure it's bee going on longer than that, but it's been gaining much more attention of late.

GunnyFreedom
09-03-2010, 06:28 AM
Please bring tar and feathers on your first day to work.

Aye, but here's hoping most of the miscreants are ridden out on the rail before I even get there ;)