PDA

View Full Version : I found this to be disturbing

Working Poor
09-02-2010, 09:12 PM
YouTube - Joe Lieberman - Strip Ron Paul supporters and Terrorists of their Citizenship! Hell Yeah! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPFGMVXdvTk)

TC95
09-02-2010, 10:49 PM
I see the mighty HomelandDefender is exaggerating things just a bit as Lieberman never said anything about Ron Paul supporters. Anyway, I do still find it disturbing though as it could be used to deny anyone they don't like their rights even though Lieberman assures us that would never happen. Sure. :rolleyes:

Also, if they're denied their citizenship, where they gonna deport 'em to? They really don't have a right to send them to some other country who may not want them. I guess they should just be honest and say they're stripping them of their humanity rather than their citizenship.

nate895
09-02-2010, 11:00 PM
The title is a bit sensational, but this still is a disgusting law. Revoking citizenship? The only way Congress has the authority to do that Constitutionally is if a person is convicted of treason. Furthermore, Cavuto never brought up a point about political groups being revoked of their citizenship, and yet Lieberman continued to deny almost as a knee-jerk reaction that the bill would do no such thing. The Senator doth protest too much, methinks.

Working Poor
09-03-2010, 08:28 AM
I noticed that nothing was said about RP by Lieberman but still it seems like it could be dangerous to people.

raistlinkishtar
09-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I see the mighty HomelandDefender is exaggerating things just a bit as Lieberman never said anything about Ron Paul supporters. Anyway, I do still find it disturbing though as it could be used to deny anyone they don't like their rights even though Lieberman assures us that would never happen. Sure. :rolleyes:

Exactly, all you have to do is pass the law then start slapping labels on groups. It's that easy.

angelatc
09-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I've seen a lot of the war mongers say that merely speaking out in opposition to the war is treason. No need for a new law as long as war is a bipartisan policy.