PDA

View Full Version : how can I stop the phone calls?

spudea
09-02-2010, 07:42 PM
I get a call everyday almost from C4L. I can't ever answer it because its always during work, and it has even gotten me in trouble when I forgot to silence my phone. I see the missed call number and also a voice mail but there is no message. I call the number back when I'm on break, but all I get is an answering machine...

the number is 202-730-9944

How do I get these calls to stop? I guess I could leave a really mean message but thats not my style. Is there another number I could call to ask them to stop?

forsmant
09-02-2010, 07:44 PM
I have the same problem although it is not everyday. I seem to only get called when im on a ladder or working on a roof. Not a good time for me.

mrsat_98
09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
I get a call everyday almost from C4L. I can't ever answer it because its always during work, and it has even gotten me in trouble when I forgot to silence my phone. I see the missed call number and also a voice mail but there is no message. I call the number back when I'm on break, but all I get is an answering machine...

the number is 202-730-9944

How do I get these calls to stop? I guess I could leave a really mean message but thats not my style. Is there another number I could call to ask them to stop?

Fix a ring tone that is silence and save that number with silent ringtone.

KCIndy
09-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Is this your cell phone they're calling, or a land line?

MelissaWV
09-03-2010, 08:50 AM
If it's your cellphone (which it seems that it is, from the context of the OP), you can usually get the number blocked altogether from your phone. You could also call it back, of course, and try to get off their list. This may or may not be as successful as one could hope.

johnrocks
09-03-2010, 09:21 AM
This is the one thing I hate about them, every day I get an e mail, I'm afraid if I got a call everyday, they would get a "piece of my mind".

squarepusher
09-03-2010, 09:25 AM
get google voice lol

Bern
09-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Have you tried contacting them and asking them for help in resolving the problem?

Campaign For Liberty
5211 Port Royal Road, Suite 310, Springfield, VA 22151
(703) 865-7162 (V)
(703) 865-7549 (F)

John E
09-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Is it from a 202 number? I get call every morning and I need them to stop.

brandon
09-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Yea it's really fucking annoying. They call me every day when I'm at work, depsite sending personal emails to the entire board of directors asking to be removed from all lists.

squarepusher
09-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I unsubscribed from their facebook pages a while back, as they would consistently send private message akin to spam.

oh, btw with Google Voice, if someone calls you who is not on your contacts list, they will be promptly pimp slapped.

LibertyEagle
09-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Wow, I've only gotten about 3 phone calls total from them. I wonder why you guys are getting so many?

Valli6
09-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I receive these calls too. Apparently this is a problem for a lot of people. I put the # in at whocalled.us (handy website!)
http://whocalled.us/lookup/2027309944

A lot of people say no one ever responds when they pick up the phone. ie:

"Yes, I had one last night, and no one answered me. Ron Paul is getting ripped off, by these connect me freaks showing they called our numbers, but not talking or saying anything. So they are charging him for vapor calls. When I talked to someone from them before a older black woman , she did not even know anything. They should at least have supporters calling people instead of hired help, with no interest in the campaign."
C4L needs to take a look at whoever they've hired to do these calls!

TheState
09-03-2010, 10:27 AM
C4L needs to take a look at whoever they've hired to do these calls!

Agreed, every time I get these calls, the person on the line has sounded like they could not possibly be less interested.

Today they called and the lady asked if I wanted to hear a message from Tate about "cap n tax", I said "no that's ok, I'm sure I support what they're doing". She said fine and hung up.

They are horrible.

KCIndy
09-03-2010, 10:35 AM
I hate to say it, but the constant annoying phone calls were one of the major reasons I quit donating to CFL well over a year ago. I made an online donation in response to an email fundraiser and all of a sudden... pow! I was getting a lot of calls from them on my land line phone.

I finally solved the problem by plugging in my fax machine and leaving it set to auto answer while I was away from home for a couple of weeks. That trick seems to work for a lot of telemarketers.

John E
09-03-2010, 06:25 PM
lol, makes me wish I didn't give them my cell number.

VegasPatriot
07-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Hmmm... I just missed a call on my cell phone from this number(2027309944). I guess C4L doesn't like to leave a message.