PDA

View Full Version : Barbour To GOP: ‘Quit Acting’ Like We Can Deport All Undocumented, Search ‘Common Sen

Agorism
09-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Barbour To GOP: ‘Quit Acting’ Like We Can Deport All Undocumented, Search For ‘Common Sense’ Solutions

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/09/02/barbour-immigrants-common-sense

Reflecting on his credentials for a possible 2012 run for president, Barbour said, "I was a lobbyist and a pretty damned good one."

oyarde
09-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Man the border , legalize drugs , stop the bleeding .

rprprs
09-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I read the article...
and then I read the comments. :eek:

JustinTime
09-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Put an end to the welfare state, and all the illegals we dont need will be forced to leave. The ones who are here earning an honest living will be left, then and only then we can talk about amnesty. That is common sense.

Vessol
09-02-2010, 09:40 PM
It may be easier to convince the democrats to actually enforce border laws than to end their precious welfare system..

oyarde
09-03-2010, 01:40 PM
It may be easier to convince the democrats to actually enforce border laws than to end their precious welfare system..

I agree . The one thing a democrat will not concede is welfare programs . There is a reason for that . It is the only thing they can get votes for . They accomplish nothing else . Locusts .

Zippyjuan
09-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Put an end to the welfare state, and all the illegals we dont need will be forced to leave. The ones who are here earning an honest living will be left, then and only then we can talk about amnesty. That is common sense.

Most come here for jobs- not welfare but I would agree with not subsidising them.

Money spent on monitoring the border has tripled in the last ten years or so.

The only way you can get rid of "100%" is to have a police or military force stop and check the IDs of every person in the country. No ID- to jail and then on a bus out of the country. Civil liberties concerns people?

"Papers please."