PDA

View Full Version : Man gets robbed at convenience store, later kills robber

Kregisen
09-02-2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/2010/09/02/20100902gilbert-circle-k-killing-beer-robbery-justified-abrk.html

Gilbert police investigators have recommended no charges be filed against a man accused of fatally shooting another man who allegedly assaulted him and robbed some beer outside a convenience store last week.

Stefen Selvy, 21, was released from a Maricopa County jail, where he was being held on suspicion of second-degree murder in the death of Bobby Baughman, 36. Both men are from Gilbert.

Selvy told police he shot Baughman about 7 p.m. Aug. 26 outside the Circle K at 7260 S. Power Road because the man robbed him of his beer and assaulted him with a wrench, police said.

On Thursday, Gilbert investigators determined Selvy was justified in pulling the trigger.

"After a thorough review of all the evidence regarding the Circle K shooting," Sgt. Bill Balafas states in a release, "the actions of the shooter, Stefen Selvy, appear to be legally justified."

The case must first be reviewed by the County Attorney's Office Homicide Bureau before the decision is final.

Selvy told police he was the store with his brother, when Baughman robbed him of his beer in the parking lot. At some point during the robbery, Baughman struck Selvy in the head with a wrench, police said.

Moments later, Selvy returned to his vehicle, retrieved a pistol and chased Baughman behind the store, police said. Selvy eventually caught up with Baughman, who again hit Selvy with the wrench, White added.

A struggle ensued and Selvy fatally shot Baughman in the chest, White said. There is no indication the men knew each other.

I just love happy endings. :o

DamianTV
09-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Im glad to see one less asshole in the world.

BuddyRey
09-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Im glad to see one less asshole in the world.

Yeah, karma really seems to be working on folks this week, what with this guy and that wacko who stormed Discovery Channel.

Promontorium
09-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Title is misleading. "Later" is as if he was robbed, hours go by, he finds the guy and kills him.

Trigonx
09-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Title is misleading. "Later" is as if he was robbed, hours go by, he finds the guy and kills him.

That's what i thought at first. Then, when i read it i understood.

JustinTime
09-02-2010, 09:08 PM

Yeah, its was actually seconds from the time he was robbed to the time he used his firearm. Awesome story, Im happy to hear about it.

Vessol
09-02-2010, 09:17 PM
This is how robberies should end. Robberies would be much less common if the criminals feared their victims.

RonPaulGetsIt
09-02-2010, 09:40 PM
This is how robberies should end. Robberies would be much less common if the criminals feared their victims.

yes....contrary to popular belief the "wild" west wasn't very wild at all with everyone packing. Unless you got in a fight or dual you were fine.

Kregisen
09-03-2010, 01:02 AM

Sorry, I was trying to word it the best I could.....I was trying to give the impression that he had to go back to his car to grab the gun first, and then chase down the robber.