PDA

View Full Version : Debate - Barbara Boxer vs. Carly Fiorina

Brian4Liberty
09-02-2010, 03:04 PM
The full debate:

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/295278-1

Brian4Liberty
09-05-2010, 11:44 AM
The media is taking great joy in reporting on this Fiorina vs. Boxer race. "It's so close." "It's a tough battle." "Look, they have different positions on abortion and no-fly lists, it's an epic battle."

It's a no lose race for the "complex". The establishment owns both horses. They are ecstatic. And of course there are no other candidates in this race, according to them. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, the John Dennis vs. Nancy Pelosi race does not exist. :rolleyes: :mad:

sailingaway
09-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Fiorini is bad, but if I don' t vote against Boxer, what use is pretending we will hold them accountable?

Brian4Liberty
09-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Fiorini is bad, but if I don' t vote against Boxer, what use is pretending we will hold them accountable?

Yeah, sadly, the only justification that can be made between these two is voting against the incumbent...

South Park Fan
09-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Vote for Gail Lightfoot. Thanks to Prop 14, she will be the last Libertarian senate candidate in California. :(

Brian4Liberty
09-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Vote for Gail Lightfoot. Thanks to Prop 14, she will be the last Libertarian senate candidate in California. :(

Too bad they won't put her in the debates. :mad:

Humanae Libertas
09-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I really dislike both.

But if I had to choose, I would definitely like to see Fiorina beat Boxer. Of course that's putting Carly's statist Internet regulation, DREAM Act, putting more kids in jail for smoking pot etc., views aside.

How come CA always gets screwed over. We never get a real choice.

Inkblots
09-05-2010, 06:21 PM

Because, breathtakingly, these two really do represent the full spectrum of respectable opinion in this darn state. I can hardly wait to move back to the Midwest - hopefully before social services out here break down completely and marauding public sector employees start robbing folks on the street.

Brian4Liberty
09-06-2010, 10:37 AM

Perhaps the local media is more "controlled" in California? The national and local media pretended that Carly was the only GOP option from day one.