PDA

View Full Version : Help Overcome Apathy: Why Do You Still Care?

Indy Vidual
09-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Ron Paul 2008 Slogan = Hope For America
Many supporters said, "Dr. Ron Paul cured my apathy."

Why Do You Still Care?

Some will say "to build a better world for my children and grand-kids."

Do you know the Middle-east has had virtually non-stop war for over 5000 years?
To be more accurate:
Do you know the Middle-East has had virtually non-stop war, occupation, more war, extended occupation, still more bloody war, more extended occupation, slavery, brutality, rape, murder, virtually non-stop war, occupation, more war, extended occupation, still more bloody war, more extended occupation for over 5000 years?

Don't believe these facts?
See for yourself:
Proof here @ Middle-East Imperial - History
http://www.mapsofwar.com/ind/imperial-history.html *
^^^
*In just 90 seconds you can see documented proof of over 5000 years of The Middle-East having virtually non-stop war, occupation, more war, extended occupation, still more bloody war, more extended occupation, slavery, brutality, rape, murder, virtually non-stop war, occupation, more war, extended occupation, still more bloody war, more extended occupation

Status Update:
Early Sept 2010
1) Obama is sending more troops to Afghanistan, the very same country which helped to bankrupt the Soviet Union by resisting an extended occupation.

2) I was (for a while) very excited about Dr Ron's run in 1988, and 2007/2008 was certainly productive in some ways.
IMO, Ron Paul is a great choice to run another "educational" type of effort in 2012, so where is the real Hope For America this time around?

Do you actually see the grass-roots raising over $30 million for "Grandpa Ron" this time?

3) If you are able to gloss-over or ignore Ron's age, there is always his dark-little secret waiting to come back again (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.newsletters/). :eek:

4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9)
<snip>
...edit... Who cares about details anyway, this thread is about Apathy. :p
<cut>

10) Why do you still care?
Where do you look for hope?

How did Harry Browne find freedom in an un-free world and are those ideas still valid post-911?

I did not log in here for several months (needed a break); Part of the last few days was fun but...
There is too much bad news once your start to care.

11)
I'm not the only person who feels this way; Help me and you might heal many others.

Have a great day, if you can. :)

MelissaWV
09-02-2010, 03:52 PM
I still care because the problems aren't solved yet. It seems fairly obvious that, until the problems go away, I will continue to mind that they exist... or else I will have been wrong or a hypocrite somewhere along the line in thinking they were important to begin with.

RCA
09-04-2010, 12:02 AM
I added the maps of war site to the master list:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1887374#post1887374

Indy Vidual
09-11-2010, 12:22 AM
I still care because the problems aren't solved yet....

I wish there was more progress the last 30+ years.
Thanks for sharing why you care. :)

I added the maps of war site to the master list:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1887374#post1887374

master list?
Somehow I'd missed that before; Thanks (times 2) for adding it, and letting me know about the educational list. :)

ifthenwouldi
09-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Sadly, I'm suffering from the same apathy.

I find my heart far more interested in helping those in need rather than those who reject liberty.

dude58677
09-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Sadly, I'm suffering from the same apathy.

I find my heart far more interested in helping those in need rather than those who reject liberty.

How is using force, helping other people? How is imposing services on the populace helping?

wizardwatson
09-13-2010, 09:57 AM
RP didn't cure my apathy "in general", but he did cure my cynicism that there wasn't hardly anyone else out there that cared about these kinds of things.

Elwar
09-13-2010, 01:15 PM
I see 2012 as one last shot before it all comes tumbling down. If it's not too late already.

2008 proved to me that Americans are fine with their own demise. I hope they surprise me in 2012, but I'm already making my time. All my base will not belong to U.S.

ifthenwouldi
09-14-2010, 02:15 PM
How is using force, helping other people? How is imposing services on the populace helping?

I have no idea what you're implying here.

wizardwatson
10-12-2010, 01:26 PM
I have no idea what you're implying here.

I think he was assuming you meant "helping those in need" by condoning state-based welfare.

I assumed you meant helping those that need help personally rather than personally trying to convert state-addicted jackholes.

Miscommunication.

anaconda
10-12-2010, 04:09 PM
We are making HUGE strides forward. There's still wars and the Fed because we have not come far enough to be the elected majority. Stay the course and we'll be in like flint. It'll get rockier as we move toward our goal.

wizardwatson
10-12-2010, 04:24 PM
We are making HUGE strides forward. There's still wars and the Fed because we have not come far enough to be the elected majority. Stay the course and we'll be in like flint. It'll get rockier as we move toward our goal.

Yes, from a political perspective we've moved forward. People are getting on board that "we need different candidates".

But there's a lot of supporters that aren't here anymore cuz they see the political campaign method as a impossible path towards actually achieving liberty.

Check this thread which I count as the turning point "away" from what this movement could have been:

Real politics is about precinct organizing, not sign waves or YouTube clips (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=220443)

Campaigns are great. Yay, for the handful of liberty candidates we have and the 1 or 3 that might make it into office.

But campaigns should be a "part" of the overall movement they shouldn't define it. And we lost a large part of the movement when people saw that's what everything was turning into (see above thread).

Meatwasp
10-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Hey guys, Snap out of that apathy. Tomorrow may bring a rainbow.

ClayTrainor
10-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, Snap out of that apathy. Tomorrow may bring a rainbow.

Or a maybe even a DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

YouTube - Yosemitebear Mountain Giant Double Rainbow 1-8-10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI)