PDA

View Full Version : The Mogambo Guru Likes Ron Paul

Bob Cochran
06-08-2007, 11:04 AM
I've been following a zany but very smart independent economist for a couple of years. His name is Richard Daughty and he has dubbed himself "The Mogambo Guru" (source of nickname unknown to me).

Here is the excerpt on Ron Paul from this week's article:

But intriguing conspiracy theories aside, why are the damned Republicans also embarrassing themselves by attacking and marginalizing Dr. Ron Paul, a highly-respected Congressional Representative from Texas who is also running for President?

At such blatant, shameless corruption, I am now sure that some of these conspiracies are true because there are just too, too many people who would lose too, too much wealth and too, too much power if Dr. Paul was elected President and he required that we adhere to the Constitution and demonstrate even a slight semblance of sanity as regards wanton expansion of the money supply by the Federal Reserve.

The good news is that Ms. Faal reports that there has been a "surge" of "popular support for him and his message", which delights me to learn that Americans are not completely the half-witted trash that I thought they were, judging by the execrable liars, thieves and psychotics that they have been electing to Congress and the Presidency for decades.

Except for Ron Paul, of course, and for which the USA owes the intelligent voters in his electoral district who elected him a profound debt of gratitude. Thank you! I hope he makes us all proud to get the Presidency, as it would be one of the best damned things that ever happened to this country in a long, long, long time.

You can read the whole article here:

http://news.goldseek.com/RichardDaughty/1181228460.php

The part that says, "...the USA owes the intelligent voters in his electoral district who elected him a profound debt of gratitude..." makes me think that I might want to look into living in that part of Texas. It must be a place full of smart people!

hambone1982
06-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Wow! Heroic.

beermotor
06-08-2007, 11:24 AM
He's great - the Daily Reckoning explains his nickname as having something to do with Gorilla in ... swahili? some african language. He's apparently a big dude.

Bob Cochran
06-08-2007, 11:25 AM
He's also really funny. I get a huge kick out of him. He missed his calling as a writer for Mad magazine. But he is a serious and smart economist.

MsDoodahs
06-08-2007, 03:07 PM
I've read him off and on for a while now as well.

He's hilarious!

Bob Cochran
06-08-2007, 03:18 PM
I love how he maintains that tradition of making up long silly acronyms (LSAs) on the fly, then never using them again!

Jim Willie is brilliant, often quoted by the Mogambo Guru. His articles show up at http://financialsense.com/index.html or on his own web site, http://www.goldenjackass.com/

beermotor
06-08-2007, 03:21 PM
We need Jim Willie as Secretary of the Treasury.

Bob Cochran
06-08-2007, 03:36 PM
We need Jim Willie as Secretary of the Treasury.

A guy like him should be up there somewhere, yeah. Guys like that probably don't kiss enough @$$ to get picked for such bureaucratic/political positions.

I would be fascinated to see who Ron Paul WOULD pick for top posts.

Silverback
06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
A guy like him should be up there somewhere, yeah. Guys like that probably don't kiss enough @$$ to get picked for such bureaucratic/political positions.

I would be fascinated to see who Ron Paul WOULD pick for top posts.

I can wait 18 months or so to find out.