PDA

View Full Version : Free the 'Shine! Why it's finally time to legalize liquor

..PAUL4PRES..
09-02-2010, 12:34 PM
YouTube - Free the 'Shine! Why it's finally time to legalize liquor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXcalGrgjM8)

Federal agents still raid distilleries much like they did during Prohibition, and making any amount of moonshine at home is not only illegal, it's a felony that can carry up to five years in prison. The result is a market dominated by a few big names, where would-be craftsmen are forced to hide their work.

Rael
09-02-2010, 01:55 PM
they dont like losing those tax $$$

..PAUL4PRES..
09-02-2010, 03:07 PM
they dont like losing those tax $$$

Yea. And big established companies dont like competition.

DisillusionedPatriot
09-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Yea. And big established companies dont like competition.

Exactly. So they get in bed with government and ask their friends to cut out the small guy. Politicians usually aren't opposed to increasing their power and authority or accepting bogus deals with companies and lobbyists, so the exchange works well. For everybody, that is, but the American citizenry, who actually hold all the authority in government. When the government acts contrary to the rights, wishes, and interests of the public, it becomes illegitimate. Acts that violate the Constitution or its intended effects, are null and void.

Americans absolutely have the right to distill liquor in the same fashion that they can brew beer or raise cows for milk. The fact that people are legally unable to engage in bootlegging does not interfere with any innate right, including to produce and consume whatever one likes, so long as they do not violate the rights of any other individual. Such an infraction is an illegitimate usurpation of power and does not have to be honored by any American. The same holds true for the growing and use of marijuana. These rights cannot justly be said to be under the purview of even a state government, and there exists no possible grounds for placing them in the hands of the omnipotent leviathan that our federal government has become.

johngr
09-03-2010, 12:37 AM
The government's problem with it, along with not getting their cut, is that you can run a car or electric generator on it. In Sweden, whisky is exhorbitantly expensive, only available to purchase from goverment stores and it's even illegal to freeze wine and extract remaining liquid.

Promontorium
09-03-2010, 12:51 AM
You can buy mini stills online, they fit right on your kitchen counter. I almost ordered one from Poland but never got around to it. I've made some homemade alcoholic drinks but they were too makeshift to be pleasurable. I've also tried freeze distilling beer, it exceptionally amplifies the flavor, so if you do it, I suggest not using the really cheap crap.