PDA

View Full Version : Have Any of You Ever Served On A Jury????

Soca Taliban
09-02-2010, 11:04 AM
For a drug charge or an any other violation of the law us libertarians consider unjust or outside the scope of what government should be enforcing?

Elwar
09-02-2010, 11:08 AM
I was on a grand jury.

It's basically the jury before the trial. We went through every case that was to go to trial and voted whether or not it had enough evidence to go on to trial.

I voted against almost all drug offenses (except the ones that involved violence). Of course, in a grand jury with 20 people that only needed 15 votes to win, my vote didn't do much.

(was also on a regular jury trial in a civil suit and I fought for the defendant who was not guilty, we went from me and 2 others holding out our votes to turning the rest in our favor)

Anti Federalist
09-02-2010, 11:10 AM
No, but I'd like to some day.

Charged with violation of a malum prohibitum law?

I'd hang that jury till Judgment Day...

Anti Federalist
09-02-2010, 11:11 AM
I was on a grand jury.

It's basically the jury before the trial. We went through every case that was to go to trial and voted whether or not it had enough evidence to go on to trial.

I voted against almost all drug offenses (except the ones that involved violence). Of course, in a grand jury with 20 people that only needed 15 votes to win, my vote didn't do much.

(was also on a regular jury trial in a civil suit and I fought for the defendant who was not guilty, we went from me and 2 others holding out our votes to turning the rest in our favor)

You, sir, are full of win!

:D