PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Sestak, Pro-Isreal Ad

dean.engelhardt
09-02-2010, 06:27 AM
YouTube - RJC launches Sestak issue ad in PA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSBHIA-hB-g)

Have you seen this ad playing in PA? I'm guessing that Toomey is behind this. I have no problem with pressure on Isreal, we should pressure them to seek peaceful solutions.

Does this come off as a smear against Sestak? I don't think so.

amy31416
09-02-2010, 06:44 AM
PA has some pretty hard-core pro-Israel groups, and Sestak chose to support J-Street over AIPAC (J-Street is a Jewish peace political action committee). Looks like they're trying to punish him for such a choice.

Meanwhile, if you look at his issues page, he's voted pro-Israel time and time again: http://joesestak.com/Israel.html (He sounds just as pro-Israel as any neocon out there.)

I think Toomey's just a bigger ass-kisser than Sestak.

specsaregood
09-02-2010, 06:51 AM
PA has some pretty hard-core pro-Israel groups, and Sestak chose to support J-Street over AIPAC (J-Street is a Jewish peace political action committee). Looks like they're trying to punish him for such a choice.

I'm so sick of Israel even being a factor in the election of OUR representatives. It is no wonder there is growing resentment. Maybe what we need is a "who gives a rat's ass about israel" pac.

amy31416
09-02-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm so sick of Israel even being a factor in the election of OUR representatives. It is no wonder there is growing resentment. Maybe what we need is a "who gives a rat's ass about israel" pac.

I'm with you.

I'm sure that a lot of younger American Jews would be on board with a PAC like that, in addition to gentiles.

dean.engelhardt
09-02-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm with you.

I'm sure that a lot of younger American Jews would be on board with a PAC like that, in addition to gentiles.

I'm with you guys too. How's this for a slogan; "Israel: Representation without Taxation"

I don't have ill feeling towards Israel. I don't like our federal government and tax dollars being abused by a religious agenda.

Terrorism by Hammas? I consider it a war that is none of the business of the US.