PDA

View Full Version : Only $10 to join Young Americans for Liberty -- DO IT!!

Matt Collins
09-01-2010, 04:55 PM
https://www.yaliberty.org/join/

(they'll even give you a free t-shirt) :D

HURRY IT ENDS OCTOBER 1st!!!!

The Dude
09-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Does joining for the $10 also sign you up for a subscription to their magazine?

EDIT: Nevermind, found my answer.

Matt Collins
09-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Does joining for the $10 also sign you up for a subscription to their magazine?Yes it does. And their magazine is awesome. Great thought provoking articles in there.

WaltM
09-01-2010, 06:57 PM
WOW

$10 for a t-shirt, magazine subscription IS A STEAL

(anybody who's paid attention to my posts knows I'm a cheapskate, so I know a deal when I see one)

Dreamofunity
09-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I signed up 2 days ago.

I got screwed.

Went to my first local YAL meeting tonight though, pretty badass.

WaltM
09-01-2010, 08:13 PM
I signed up 2 days ago.

I got screwed.

Went to my first local YAL meeting tonight though, pretty badass.

I think if you asked them today "Hey, I paid more earlier, can I get more supplies if I wanted to share with new prospects?" they'll be reasonable.

WaltM
09-01-2010, 10:09 PM
please sticky this, and/or make a button on the top of this forum!!

thehighwaymanq
09-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Bump! September only

0zzy
09-01-2010, 10:49 PM
I never got my magazines :[

Old Ducker
09-01-2010, 11:04 PM
OAF - Older Americans for Freedom. When am I gonna see this organization formed?

WaltM
09-01-2010, 11:09 PM
OAF - Older Americans for Freedom. When am I gonna see this organization formed?

Look for those black & white POW/MIA flags in your hood.

Son of Detroit
09-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Just joined tonight!

Noticed that there is no chapter at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Surprising at a campus as big and politically active as that one. I remember Ron spoke there and had a lot of students come out.

I guess I'll have to start one if I end up going there!

Old Ducker
09-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Look for those black & white POW/MIA flags in your hood.

Funny you mention that. When I was in grade school we were given stainless steel bracelets bearing the name of some mia guy. Mine was a captain and I might still have it in some box somewhere.

Imperial
09-01-2010, 11:58 PM
I believe it used to cost more money? I was hit up to start a chapter at my college, but i don't know if i will have the time yet. I might just pay my dues and watch for events at other colleges.

Matt Collins
09-02-2010, 10:46 AM
WOW

$10 for a t-shirt, magazine subscription IS A STEAL

(anybody who's paid attention to my posts knows I'm a cheapskate, so I know a deal when I see one)
Same here :D

Matt Collins
09-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Did I mention my free t-shirt came in the mail 3 days ago along with a pocket Constitution?

Vessol
09-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I'll have to do this with my next paycheck. Is this all the way till the end of September?

My college campus is tiny, I go to a community college. But perhaps I could see if there is a chapter in NC State which i transfer to after this.

Knightskye
09-09-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm now an official Young American for Liberty!

:D

Dreamofunity
09-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Did I mention my free t-shirt came in the mail 3 days ago along with a pocket Constitution?

So, I signed up and did the $10 about 4 days before this deal started.

However, in my email, it said I could get a free shirt if I emailed some address with my size, color and address. No real link, no real stated deal, just a sentence stating that I could get a free shirt hidden throughout a "Welcoming" email for joining.

It's been like almost 2 weeks now. Do you think they're just late in shipping or I don't qualify for the free shirt since it was before Sept. 1.

It's only $5 for members, so I don't mind ordering a shirt even if I have to pay, I'd just rather not if I get it free.

Also, I know you don't work for YAL, I'm more just curious on their shipping details lol

WaltM
09-09-2010, 11:22 PM

score!!

I assume mine will come next week.

WaltM
09-09-2010, 11:23 PM
So, I signed up and did the $10 about 4 days before this deal started.

However, in my email, it said I could get a free shirt if I emailed some address with my size, color and address. No real link, no real stated deal, just a sentence stating that I could get a free shirt hidden throughout a "Welcoming" email for joining.

It's been like almost 2 weeks now. Do you think they're just late in shipping or I don't qualify for the free shirt since it was before Sept. 1.

It's only $5 for members, so I don't mind ordering a shirt even if I have to pay, I'd just rather not if I get it free.

Also, I know you don't work for YAL, I'm more just curious on their shipping details lol

Did you try e-mail or calling them?

I think if they had a chance to respond, they'd be reasonable.

Because it's by making the early supporters happy, that will ultimately recruit newbies.

DamianTV
09-10-2010, 05:27 AM
What if Im not YOUNG any more?

Matt Collins
09-10-2010, 07:46 AM
What if Im not YOUNG any more?
I think 39 is their "cutoff" age.

Bruno
09-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Old Ducker banned? :confused:

leonster
09-10-2010, 04:30 PM
When I signed up (tonight) I swaer I saw something on the "Join" page (or somewhere) that said subcription to the magazine included free access to back issues in PDF. I can't seem to access that.... sure I can click YAR and see some articles, and it *says* "Download PDF but the scribd site wants more money to do that!

Anyone have any idea? Or was my mind playing tricks on me??

Austin
09-10-2010, 05:00 PM
When I signed up (tonight) I swaer I saw something on the "Join" page (or somewhere) that said subcription to the magazine included free access to back issues in PDF. I can't seem to access that.... sure I can click YAR and see some articles, and it *says* "Download PDF but the scribd site wants more money to do that!

Anyone have any idea? Or was my mind playing tricks on me??

You have to be a member of Scribd in order to download the PDFs. Joining Scribd does not cost anything. :)

leonster
09-11-2010, 11:14 AM
You have to be a member of Scribd in order to download the PDFs. Joining Scribd does not cost anything. :)

Nah, it gives me a msg about the article being part of the Scirbd archive, and I need to pay for a subscription before I can download anything...

Austin
09-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Nah, it gives me a msg about the article being part of the Scirbd archive, and I need to pay for a subscription before I can download anything...

Can you link me to the article or magazine issue you're referring to?

leonster
09-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Can you link me to the article or magazine issue you're referring to?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23403042/Young-American-Revolution-3-Sept-2009

The subscription message in question is a kind of pop-up (pop-in?) window on top of that page, that doesn't have a URL visible, though.

leonster
09-13-2010, 05:53 AM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/23403042/Young-American-Revolution-3-Sept-2009

The subscription message in question is a kind of pop-up (pop-in?) window on top of that page, that doesn't have a URL visible, though.

Bump!

Has anyone been successful downloading them?

WaltM
09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Bump!

Has anyone been successful downloading them?

somebody needs to e-mail them and tell them

a) either host it directly on their site

b) or find a host that'll allow direct download, no sign ups, no fees.

wizardwatson
09-13-2010, 11:33 AM
What exactly does this organization do other than fund raise in order to sponsor events to fund raise in order to sponsor events to fund raise in order....

I don't see how YAL differs at all really from C4L.

No budget disclosure. The "chapters" in YAL have to come up with their own "chapter plan". If this is the case, why not organize ourselves? What is the point of paying to be a part of the "network" when really all these organizations do is split and try to corral the organic "network" that already exists.

It's becoming ever more clear to me that instead of organizing real grass roots activities that these organizations are simply organizing "networks of networks" in order to establish revenue streams and to get members to friend one another in order to create the illusion of group action.

Matt Collins
09-13-2010, 12:01 PM
What exactly does this organization do other than fund raise in order to sponsor events to fund raise in order to sponsor events to fund raise in order....

No budget disclosure. The "chapters" in YAL have to come up with their own "chapter plan". If this is the case, why not organize ourselves? What is the point of paying to be a part of the "network" when really all these organizations do is split and try to corral the organic "network" that already exists.

It's becoming ever more clear to me that instead of organizing real grass roots activities that these organizations are simply organizing "networks of networks" in order to establish revenue streams and to get members to friend one another in order to create the illusion of group action.
Your thinking is quite limited.

In politics networking is very important, and so is fundraising. How do you think YAL was able to get so many kids to CPAC this year, many of them paying little to nothing for the trip? :rolleyes:

And YAL is very specific to college campuses, a ground for recruiting activists.

wizardwatson
09-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Your thinking is quite limited.

In politics networking is very important, and so is fundraising. How do you think YAL was able to get so many kids to CPAC this year, many of them paying little to nothing for the trip? :rolleyes:

And YAL is very specific to college campuses, a ground for recruiting activists.

My thinking may be limited but the strategies employed in this "movement" are even more limited.

Tell me what it is that YAL can do that C4L can't do? Or vice versa?

Matt Collins
09-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Tell me what it is that YAL can do that C4L can't do? Or vice versa?One is specific to colleges and college students, the other is for the rest of the general population.

Thomas
09-17-2010, 03:42 PM
YAL is bringing thousands of college students into the movement, it's shame they don't have more money. Currently YAL has raised $96,501 of it's $100,000 Summer Fund goal...

Matt Collins
09-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Only hours left to go!!!!

Brett
09-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I signed up under this deal. Great shirt (can get a second one for just $5, 2 for $15 is great). Came with a Constitution too :D

Dreamofunity
09-30-2010, 09:00 PM
YAL (National) is pissing me off.

So I signed up a few days before September, although in my email it still said "Email X for a free t-shirt" So I did that, and never got one.

Then I tried to find out how to get the shirt for $5, and it wouldn't work for me, so I just kind of rejoined, emailed them again, and I haven't gotten a response or a t-shirt, and so far I've paid $20 in dues.

I just want a damn shirt, don't even care that I paid double dues.

I still might be doing it wrong. Is there somewhere to enter the confirmation code? The YAL site has never changed for me (like a members access) although I'm not sure if it's supose to. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, part of the reason I just said fuck it and rejoined when I couldn't figure out the $5 shirt thing.

Matt Collins
09-30-2010, 09:19 PM
YAL (National) is pissing me off.Go to their website, look up their staff members, and send them a kind message on FaceBook explaining the situation. I am sure they'll be happy to help you out. :)

Cherder
09-30-2010, 09:20 PM
My thinking may be limited but the strategies employed in this "movement" are even more limited.

Tell me what it is that YAL can do that C4L can't do? Or vice versa?

It's not about what YAL can do that C4L can't do, it's about what YAL does that C4L doesn't. Their capabilities are nearly identical (C4L does have a larger budget), but their focus varies greatly.

C4L seems to be spending its resources on lobbying legislation, while YAL focuses on campus activism and training students in target areas, if you catch my drift.

The marketing of each organization varies as well, meaning they are able to each reach unique audiences. Having both organizations actively recruiting, training, and mobilizing members is a good thing, not a waste of resources.

Dreamofunity
09-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Go to their website, look up their staff members, and send them a kind message on FaceBook explaining the situation. I am sure they'll be happy to help you out. :)

Do you have anyone specifically in mind?

Matt Collins
09-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Do you have anyone specifically in mind?
Whichever title looks like membership and fulfillment.

Parkerbt
10-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm the logistics intern with YAL national, I did not start until a week or so after you first joined so I do not know why you did not receive a shirt initially. I did receive your second email and will be shipping you your shirt as well as an additional shirt to compensate you for the second payment.

The shipment will be going out today in a batch with the other new member shirt orders we've gotten this week.

KevinR
10-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Joined, and got a "thank you" phone call less than 5 minutes later! :D

Parkerbt
10-04-2010, 03:11 PM

Another individual has already addressed some of the differences between C4L and YAL, so I will not bother with that. However, I will address your comment on holding fund raisers to hold fundraisers, ect. YAL spends its funding on organizing political activism and training events. Over the summer of 2010 YAL held the North Carolina Campaign bootcamp, an event in North Carolina in which 40 youth activists spent 1 day learning about and training for campaign work and then 2 days actually campaigning for a candidate of their choice. Later that summer YAL held its national convention in which it trained additional youth activists in a multi-day process geared towards campaign activism and leadership, after the convention the activists were given access to actual jobs working on political campaigns for this fall.

As far as this fall YAL has released its plans to hold 3 more boot camps (held in New Hampshire, Michigan, and Kentucky) each of which will allow 2 days of campaigning for activists to be involved in the congressional or state elections. These camps not only give youth activists experience working in campaigns, as well as training to help them lead campaigns, but they also allow the activists to make a difference by helping candidates of their choice.

So as you can see, YAL is not simply networking youth together while taking their money, it provides the means for youth to get directly involved in the liberty movement by providing: training, campaign experience, and even the means to get jobs on campaigns.

As previously stated, YAL differs from C4L in focus. YAL is a grassroots organization dedicated to mobilizing the liberty oriented youth of the nation in the fight for freedom. C4L is not youth centered and does not provide the vast grassroots training that YAL does for young adults.

I hope that this adequately addresses your concerns.