PDA

View Full Version : The GOP is completely out of touch with reality

tangent4ronpaul
09-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I got a "ballot" from the NRSC, and while I was initially pleased that they cared about what I thought should be the focus of the Senate GOP strategy and policy, it became immediately obvious that they were completely out of touch with the US public, were telling me what their agenda was so I could tow the party line and that it was really a fundraising letter disguised as a ballot.

Q1) which issues should republicans highlight in this years policy debates?
Permanent tax relief - always popular, but what is meant is not raising taxes instead of cutting them, as far as I can tell.

Saving Social Security - old folks with pitchforks and torches ain't a pretty sight.

Judicial Nominations - they need a majority to block

Marriage/Values - I can't seem to find the section of the Constitution that gives Congress the power to regulate either... The gvmt telling the public what VALUES are acceptable??? This is insane!

Medicare reform - are they TRYING to loose?

Border Security - and they are going to do what differently since they were in power last time?

Homeland security - No police state, thank you! - we really don't need a USASTAZI and we certainly don't need to build DHS a HQ building 5 times the size of the Pentagon, as they are currently doing!

Energy policy - lifting the drilling ban - good, I doubt they are going to lift a finger to kill cap and tax.

Military/Defense spending - they want more of it! No thank you! How about ending the wars?

Other - wow! - they want to know what I think... though the space provided for my comments makes twitters 140 character limit on tweets look extremely generous!
=============
So what would you like to see their agenda be? I'll give it a start:

Fix the economy / Audit/End the Fed
Kill Obamacare - all of it, not just the individual mandate
Stop spending money you don't have
End the wars
Significantly reduce the size and power of the federal government

chime in! - it's your turn...
=============

Q2) Which of the Dems liberal policies do you oppose the most?
Raising taxes by trillions of dollars - yeah repeal those!

Cutting the US defense budget - I'm in favor of their cutting it!

Undermining traditional marriage - hu?

No reforms to save Social Security - yeah, the GOP has done so much here...

Blocking US energy independence - sorta...

U.N. control of the war on terrorism - where did this come from? How about ending this useless "war".

Other - generous with comment space this time, might be able to get half a tweet in there!
=============
Your time to point out real issues again... a few:

Obamacare
Bailouts
Spend, spend, spend
the power grabs
the warmongering
massively growing government

Your turn!
=============

Q3) Dem spread the wealth vs Repub tax cuts, who do you want driving?

Q4) Activist vs Constitutional judges

Q5) most effective media to use countering dems: TV, radio, Newspaper, Town Hall Meetings (YES!), Internet websites, TV Debates (YES!), E-mail, Talk radio, Other (good third of a tweet space here)

Q6) Will you help the NRSC fight for our Republican agenda and the candidates that support it?

yes - followed by many suggested dollar amounts

There is no "NO" option...

If this is really the Republican Agenda, we are in serious trouble!

-t

Stary Hickory
09-01-2010, 10:41 AM
If Kill Obamacare was not on that list in the number one spot then the GOP is finished once they get power.

tangent4ronpaul
09-01-2010, 03:26 PM
If Kill Obamacare was not on that list in the number one spot then the GOP is finished once they get power.

Neither obamacare or dealing with the economy were on the list, yet these are Americans top 2 issues.

-t

specsaregood
09-01-2010, 03:32 PM

Their insurance company benefactors aren't gonna let them do that. Obviously they feel confident in the 2-party duopoly on power.

Stary Hickory
09-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Their insurance company benefactors aren't gonna let them do that. Obviously they feel confident in the 2-party duopoly on power.

If the GOP gets a filibuster proof senate+the house+the presidency Obamacare will go away. They voted to the man against it once and they will be even more emboldened with more conservative, libertarian, and small government Rs coming to DC.

I personally think the SC will knock a huge part of Obamacare down and the GOP will finish it off. The bill is so ridiculous, tyrannical, and blatantly unconstitutional that it cannot possibly be implemented.

The support for the wars is waning in the GOP, but we have some hardcore Neocons left and that does worry me. I think the GOP is smarter on the FED and the economy due to a lot of smart libertarians and conservatives being amongst their ranks. Also any support for a free market and economy will be found with the GOP. I just hope that the makeup of the GOP and the fear we have inflicted will be enough to get some serious changes to the monetary policy and reductions in the size of government.

In the midst of a real crisis (like the one we will have) making budget cuts will not only be easier but necessary. I would like to see BOTH social and military spending cut. Closing bases overseas(all of them) and pulling our troops back could shave tons off the budget. But unlike some here, I want to see spending cut across the board. Education needs to become a state issue again and we need to make war on all the three letter agencies that are
attempting to run this nation.

AS for Democrats find me one who is not a statist scumbag to the core...and one who remotely respects the Constitution. There is hope that those who vote for Dems will demand a return to constitutional values and freedom but I think we all know that aint never going to happen. If they think like that they probably are in the tea party somewhere trying to get libertarian Rs elected.

speciallyblend
09-01-2010, 03:52 PM
If the GOP gets a filibuster proof senate+the house+the presidency Obamacare will go away. They voted to the man against it once and they will be even more emboldened with more conservative, libertarian, and small government Rs coming to DC.

I personally think the SC will knock a huge part of Obamacare down and the GOP will finish it off. The bill is so ridiculous, tyrannical, and blatantly unconstitutional that it cannot possibly be implemented.

The support for the wars is waning in the GOP, but we have some hardcore Neocons left and that does worry me. I think the GOP is smarter on the FED and the economy due to a lot of smart libertarians and conservatives being amongst their ranks. Also any support for a free market and economy will be found with the GOP. I just hope that the makeup of the GOP and the fear we have inflicted will be enough to get some serious changes to the monetary policy and reductions in the size of government.

In the midst of a real crisis (like the one we will have) making budget cuts will not only be easier but necessary. I would like to see BOTH social and military spending cut. Closing bases overseas(all of them) and pulling our troops back could shave tons off the budget. But unlike some here, I want to see spending cut across the board. Education needs to become a state issue again and we need to make war on all the three letter agencies that are
attempting to run this nation.

AS for Democrats find me one who is not a statist scumbag to the core...and one who remotely respects the Constitution. There is hope that those who vote for Dems will demand a return to constitutional values and freedom but I think we all know that aint never going to happen. If they think like that they probably are in the tea party somewhere trying to get libertarian Rs elected.

nominates Stary Hickory to run for local office:) if you haven't already? you sound better then most running already;)