PDA

View Full Version : Tea Partier Warms Up to McMahon

muzzled dogg
09-01-2010, 04:21 AM
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/245216/tea-partier-warms-mcmahon-brian-bolduc

By*Brian Bolduc
Joe Markley, a prominent member of the tea parties in Connecticut, has warmed up to Republican senatorial candidate Linda McMahon:

I was a great skeptic about Linda McMahon, but I must say she has won me over. As a candidate, she has what Peter [Schiff] lacks: a gift for connecting with people, and the management skills to build a winning team. Obviously she does not have his economic insight (who does?) but I think her instincts are good and her nature conservative. Some of my tea party friends may not believe me, but it is impossible not to like and trust Linda when you know her.

McMahon will be at a reception for Markley, who’s running for state senate, tonight in Milford.

rawful
09-01-2010, 04:43 AM
she has what Peter [Schiff] lacks: a checkbook for connecting with people

Fixed.

Baptist
09-01-2010, 07:33 AM
/spews chunks all over his keyboard and monitor.

I read the title and all I could think about was Roy Munson paying off his rent to the landlady in Kingpin.

Sola_Fide
09-01-2010, 07:34 AM
What a joke...

dean.engelhardt
09-01-2010, 09:19 AM
The guy is running for state senate = endorsement for sell.

MRoCkEd
09-01-2010, 09:30 AM
She's one hell of a campaigner. This is just one day:

YouTube - A Day With Linda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN939pDMQu0&feature=player_embedded)

ninepointfive
09-01-2010, 10:03 AM
she has some energy that's for sure.

MRoCkEd
09-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Her economic plan is pretty good. Who knows what her motives are, though.

Schifference
09-01-2010, 11:10 AM
We need to elect McMahon. If she does not win I don't think Peter will want to run against her again in 2012.

Aratus
09-01-2010, 11:30 AM
blumenthal verses mcmahon may pace the way
manchin verses raese does down in west virginia!
as with alaska, the GOP has to UNIFY a.s.a.p!!!

SilentBull
09-01-2010, 12:32 PM
We need to elect McMahon. If she does not win I don't think Peter will want to run against her again in 2012.

That's a valid point, but I doubt she will want to run again if she loses after spending 50 million of her own money.

Lucille
09-01-2010, 04:04 PM
CT Mirror (http://www.ctmirror.org/story/7520/mcmahon-embraced-tea-party): McMahon embraced by Tea Party

Unlike Schiff, who promised to heave a wrench into the machinery of Congress, McMahon described herself as a conciliator who wants to reach across party lines and make Washington work, not exactly Tea Party dogma.

Great. Just what we need. More bipartisanship, and a sister for the Maine twins, to go along with their brother from Mass, "Scotty" Brown.

At the prodding an audience member, McMahon talked about her views on foreign policy. She offered little, other than a call for continued vigilance.

"I can tell you we are in tough times," she said. "We have Iran, where we have, you know, Ahmadinejad, who I think really is, he is a rogue at best. And clearly, he is set on the destruction of Israel. He certainly set on developing nuclear weapons, I think under the guise of nuclear energy. But we have to really keep an eye on that situation."

She was applauded for saying no options should be taken off the table in dealing with Iran.

McMahon was similarly vague on Iraq and Afghanistan. She neither endorsed nor criticized the Obama administration for declaring an end to the U.S. combat mission in Iraq.

"There have been a lot of lives and effort put forth in Iraq," she said. "I hope that the stabilization forces will be able to do exactly what the program and plan is for them."

"And Afghanistan, we are re-evaluating I think, you know, we need to re-evaluate where we are on Afghanistan to make sure the strategy that was put in place a couple of years ago is still the right strategy to be there," she said. "How do we make sure the people of Afghanistan don't feel that they were abandoned, but at the same time have the proper military and the proper strategy in place?"

She offered no answer to her own question.

Oh boy...

Daamien
09-01-2010, 04:58 PM
It's irrelevant who wins in November between McMahon and Blumenthal. I'm sure they are both nice people in a person context, but they just represent different heads of the "big government party". Linda supports bailouts and foreign intervention. Blumenthal supports more stimulus and regulation.

Assuming Blumenthal wins in November (which is likely), then McMahon probably will not run again in 2012 given that the Republican Party will be wary that she can't win in Connecticut even with throwing millions of her wealth into a campaign. Assuming that McMahon wins in November (not likely), then Blumenthal will be disgraced and Democrats may switch to running Ned Lamont again as an alternative with less baggage. I see 2012 as being a pretty open field and doubt Lieberman will run for reelection unless he switches parties and runs as a Republican, which is plausible.

No1ButPaul08
09-02-2010, 06:43 PM
This is pathetic. I've now seen three articles explaining how the CT Tea Party now supports McMahon. As far as I can tell, it's one guy, who happens to be running for state office, who Linda happens to be helping raise money. What a joke.

Kotin
09-02-2010, 06:54 PM
She donated to Rahm Emmanuel.. Fuck her.

Jordan
09-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Assuming Blumenthal wins in November (which is likely), then McMahon probably will not run again in 2012 given that the Republican Party will be wary that she can't win in Connecticut even with throwing millions of her wealth into a campaign. Assuming that McMahon wins in November (not likely), then Blumenthal will be disgraced and Democrats may switch to running Ned Lamont again as an alternative with less baggage. I see 2012 as being a pretty open field and doubt Lieberman will run for reelection unless he switches parties and runs as a Republican, which is plausible.

I can say with 100% certainty that McMahon will not run again in 2012.

amy31416
09-02-2010, 07:04 PM
She donated to Rahm Emmanuel.. Fuck her.

The only thing worse than a neocon posing as a conservative is a neocon posing as a liberal.

Well...maybe it's worse, hard to say.

Sonny Burnett
09-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Does it really matter anymore? The snowball is rolling down the mountain with too much mass and speed to be stopped by anyone at this point. Some things just have to happen and the total collapse of the U.S. economy is one of them.

MRoCkEd
09-10-2010, 02:09 PM
She's running quite the broad-based campaign, lol

YouTube - "Alguien Diferente" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKaTZOQzZls&feature=channel)

gls
09-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Her economic plan is pretty good.

:rolleyes:

Like what, her support for a "balanced budget amendment" that would never pass in a million years, or if it did it would be so full of exceptions as to be worthless? How does her advocacy of the government bailout of reckless financial firms (TARP) factor into a "pretty good" economic plan?

Anyone who is serious about stopping the out of control spending would pledge to filibuster the raising of the debt ceiling, like Peter did. She will never make a pledge like that because she is not actually concerned about the debt. The only thing McMahon cares about is saying whatever it takes to win the election.

Aratus
09-11-2010, 02:20 PM
up on our own beacon hill in boston this september 20th from 10 a.m to about one in the afternoon there is
going to be a tea party rally! ---i may be at the rally, hopefully! ---has ms. mcmahon planned similar rallies???