PDA

View Full Version : Barbara Boxer is having a "Money Bomb"

dannno
09-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Dear --------,
Click here to make your pledge now

Wednesday night at 7 p.m., I'll be debating my opponent Carly Fiorina at St. Mary's College in the Bay Area, and I hope you'll tune in and watch! There couldn't be a clearer choice in this election.

And all day tomorrow, we'll be driving towards 10,000 donations in our "100,000 Strong for Boxer" money bomb -- an online fundraising effort to demonstrate our strong grassroots support.

We've already received more than 4,000 pledges toward our goal of 10,000 individual donations in tomorrow's money bomb, but we haven't heard from you yet.

I really need your help to reach our ambitious goal of 10,000 donations tomorrow -- and if you pledged to donate $5 or more right now, it would be terrific.

Please click here to make your pledge for tomorrow's "100,000 Strong for Boxer" money bomb now -- so your donation will be counted in our drive for 10,000 tomorrow!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's debate with Carly Fiorina so that voters can see the clear choice in this race.

In these tough times, I'm fighting to create jobs and turn our economy around. I'm working to make California the hub of the clean energy economy, provide more loans to small businesses, and give tax breaks to the middle class, not to companies who ship jobs overseas.

While I'm debating tomorrow, I hope you will stand with me and add your support. Imagine: 100,000 grassroots donors to our campaign, all coming together to help us win.

It's truly incredible, and you can be a part of it with your pledge, today.

Please click here to make your pledge for tomorrow's "100,000 Strong for Boxer" money bomb now -- so your donation will be counted in our drive for 10,000 tomorrow!

I hope you'll stand up and be counted over these next 36 hours.

Thank you so much!

In friendship,

Barbara Boxer
U.S. Senator

*Vomit*

Fozz
09-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Who cares......Fiorina is terrible.

Elwar
09-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Time to copyright the term...

Clairvoyant
09-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Time to copyright the term...

Time to ask the government to use violence against people who use the term?

Sola_Fide
09-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Barbara Boxer is having a "Money Bomb"

http://www.gogaminggiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/facepalm.jpg

Elwar
09-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Time to ask the government to use violence against people who use the term?

It's called, using their tools against them. It's great irony.

silentshout
09-01-2010, 09:55 AM

^^^

"none of the above" should have a money bomb. :)

pacelli
09-01-2010, 10:05 AM
But for 2012, I suspect that every candidate will have a moneybomb team.

As a movement, it would probably be a good idea to see the writing on the wall and plan that money bombs will be as common as pig tracks in a barn yard. They will no longer buy the "free" media publicity that they did in 07-08.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=241786

sailingaway
09-01-2010, 10:51 AM

I agree, but I HAVE to vote against Boxer. If you don't toss out your Senator when she goes so radically against the will of her constituents, what accountability is there? I was only torn on the issue when she cosponsored Ron's audit bill in the Senate, but then she sold it out with the rest when Sanders did.

Fr3shjive
09-01-2010, 11:46 AM
No way they'll have any where close to the success that RP money bombs have had. Unless Im mistaken doesnt most of their financial support come from special interests and big business?

Brian4Liberty
09-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Any other candidates in this mock "debate"? :rolleyes:

No way to verify this, but I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that if DeVore had won the Primary, there would be no televised debate. Now that it's the two establishment candidates, they will put on a dog and pony show with just the two of them to further a false Demorat vs. Republican choice.

dannno
09-01-2010, 03:37 PM

It's more that she actually used the word "money bomb" instead of "online fundraiser"

dannno
09-01-2010, 04:05 PM
I mean, what sense does that make having Barbara Boxer use the term :confused:

Anti Federalist
09-01-2010, 09:56 PM
As a movement, it would probably be a good idea to see the writing on the wall and plan that money bombs will be as common as pig tracks in a barn yard. They will no longer buy the "free" media publicity that they did in 07-08.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=241786

I'd be inclined to agree, except it's fun watching the ruling class hold "money bombs" that fail.

freedoms-light
09-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Since the FED is a corporation and corporations are no longer dollar limited on donations, Bernake could just kick in several million for the moneybomb?

oyarde
09-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Since the FED is a corporation and corporations are no longer dollar limited on donations, Bernake could just kick in several million for the moneybomb?

Boxer ..... what is wrong with the people who vote for her ?

libertybrewcity
09-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Boxer ..... what is wrong with the people who vote for her ?

More things than we will ever know!