PDA

View Full Version : V-day Nov 5th

chon
10-17-2007, 01:10 AM
Thought this would be a good day to rally in our V For V attire, my idea is to get as many people as we can to rally at a busy intersection in your city or town, i think this could get RP on the news for sure!!with a little help from you all we can get this to be a national rp revolution rally day!!

chonhttp://www.ukuleleman.net/uploaded_images/V%20for%20Vendetta-751826.jpg

Magsec
10-17-2007, 01:23 AM
There's a possibility of this backfiring on us when the media spins it. Plus it's rather cheesy, almost as cheesy as Rudy running for the Presidency.

chon
10-17-2007, 01:26 AM
There's a possibility of this backfiring on us when the media spins it. Plus it's rather cheesy, almost as cheesy as Rudy running for the Presidency.

the phone thing he does is the worst!!!

DeadheadForPaul
10-17-2007, 02:10 AM
I really wish people would stop connecting Ron paul with V for Vendetta

1.) The movie wasn't that great and the original series was medicore
2.) V is a DOMESTIC TERRORIST
3.) RP supporters wearing the masks make us look like crazies

BuddyRey
10-17-2007, 02:17 AM
I find it hard to understand how anybody could interpret this as anything less than a dynamite idea. I love it!

damijin
10-17-2007, 02:22 AM
While I understand and appreciate the cult status the V for Vendetta has taken with RP supporters, and particularly with anonymous online subculture, I think the best time to be an activist in your best Guy Fawkes gear is Halloween.

Halloween makes you not look quite as insane for walking around in costume, and it is relatively close to November 5th anyway.

If you want, get a bunch of friends together on Halloween in Guy Fawkes garb and distribute literature. People are anticipating knocks on their doors anyway :-P

Mordechai Vanunu
10-17-2007, 03:05 AM
I don't approve of the idea either...if anything, make an event surrounding a historic American day.

chon
10-17-2007, 03:13 AM
thanks buddyrey, i thought so!!

you think us standing up for the constitution in this day and age is not considered domestic terrorism? this rallying we do every weekend is considered "domestic terrorism" by the powers that are in place now and the ones who want to take their spot. if you disagree with the president he can call you a terrorist and throw you in jail. you cant exercise your free speech rights if he is around, you have to go to a free speech zone. our schools are now setting up free speech zones as well. if you ask a question you run the risk of being tazed. come on. if being a "domestic terrorist" is what it takes to get this country back in order then so be it!! "People Should Not Fear Their Government, The Government Should Fear The People"

chon
10-17-2007, 03:21 AM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/They_will_say_that_the_film_glorifies_terrorism_Bu t_it_does_not

chon
10-17-2007, 03:58 AM
if your voting for "who is v" then check ths out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_for_Vendetta

BLS
10-17-2007, 04:02 AM
Personally I don't care for it.
But that's just me.

If you can get people on the news, it's never a bad thing.

SouthernGuy15
10-17-2007, 05:47 AM
What about meeting up in Ron Paul masks?

Brinck Slattery
10-17-2007, 07:15 AM
This is... not such a great idea. It marginalizes a guy who is already marginalized.

hambone1982
10-17-2007, 07:20 AM
I love that movie as much as anyone, but I agree with what someone said above, it will make us look like crazy people.

Brinck Slattery
10-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Now Braveheart face paint, that would rock.

DaronWestbrooke
10-17-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm in, I have several masks if anyone wants one (if you are in the Phoenix area).

micahnelson
10-17-2007, 07:44 AM
90% of Americans don't know who V is. 75% of Americans don't know who Ron Paul is.

Maybe we should focus on the real, before the simulacrum.

theprolific
10-17-2007, 07:47 AM
90% of Americans don't know who V is. 75% of Americans don't know who Ron Paul is.

Maybe we should focus on the real, before the simulacrum.

Agreed. The planned contributions of $100 or so on that day though would be very cool. I'm ready to donate again.

zahirakids
10-17-2007, 08:17 AM

I agree we definitely do not want people to connect V to Ron Paul .....

chon
10-17-2007, 10:33 PM
they think we are crazy already, it would catch peoples attention

pyrazole2
10-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Thought this would be a good day to rally in our V For V attire, my idea is to get as many people as we can to rally at a busy intersection in your city or town, i think this could get RP on the news for sure!!with a little help from you all we can get this to be a national rp revolution rally day!!

chonhttp://www.ukuleleman.net/uploaded_images/V%20for%20Vendetta-751826.jpg

lol, then you can all blow up something symbolic and kill all the bad people who you don't like.

Seriously, the media is just waiting for the nuts to show themselves. I was into donating on the 5th at first, because the media won't cover that, hell, they probably wouldn't get it. But, after further thought, It's going to be a protest donation on 10/24, United Nations Day!

NewEnd
10-17-2007, 10:41 PM
dont scare the old people

DahuiHeeNalu
10-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Ilove V for Vendetta movie is amazing and the message is also!

FrankRep
10-17-2007, 10:50 PM
No masks. That's taking it too far.

Taco John
10-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Oh damn... I voted will be there. I thought this was about the $100 donation, which I will definitely participate in.

This dress up like V idea, though, is silly. It's way too contrived. Go to the Philly rally instead, or plan one for your own home town. That's where you're going to get the most good done.

work2win
10-17-2007, 11:37 PM
If you want to convince the majority of people that RP supporters are batsh!t insane, and scare the hell out of them at the same time, this is a great way. Talk about a media softball.

Not only does this Vendetta garbage appeal to a very narrow group, it has nothing to do with America, nor Ron Paul's message!!! I have never seen the movie and I seriously thought the mask was from one of those popular slasher/torture movies. I was barely tollerant of this V stuff when it was used to jumpstart a donation rally, but it is quickly getting out of hand and has some very dangerous potential to marginalize our campaign.

We need to remember what ties us together, and what we want people to think of when they think of Ron Paul. How about the Constitution and The United States of America! If you want to use some sort of symbolism, run with something along the lines of the Constitution or an American hero (i.e. Founding Fathers). Sure some people won't know who they are, but if they look it up, they'll find a history lesson, not some strange movie with a questionable message.

Everyone needs to remember what phase of the campaign we are in.
Do you remember the thread about the professional analysis? We are past "who is Ron Paul?" and also past "RP Revolution" (although a little RP Revolution mixed in won't hurt anything). We are in phase: "Ron Paul - President 08." This is the phase were we convert all the non-hardcore people with a mainstream message.

chon
10-18-2007, 01:15 AM
http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-Article.htm?InfoNo=004766

Corydoras
10-18-2007, 01:20 AM
I can't wait to see how the poll numbers stack up as time goes on.