PDA

View Full Version : Political Betting – Palin Early Favorite for 2012 Republican Nomination

RonPaulFanInGA
08-31-2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.betus.com/sports-betting/pr/pop_culture_news/betting-palin-early-favorite-republican-nomination-08-31-2010/

Political Betting Odds: To Win 2012 Republican Nomination

•Sarah Palin +250
•Mitt Romney +400
•Bobby Jindal +500
•Mike Huckabee +500
•Tim Pawlenty +1000
•Mark Sanford +1200
•Charlie Crist +1200
•David Petraeus +1500
•Newt Gingrich +1500
•Jeb Bush +2000
•John McCain +2000
•Rudolph Giuliani +1500
•Ron Paul +2000

Here’s the political betting analysis, one-by-one:

SARAH PALIN (+250 in the political betting odds) -- Yeah, she's rapidly become famous for being famous, but she is just not going to get there at the end. There's an entertainment quotient that is pretty high here, but it is a little too cartoonish to be taken seriously. In effect, she has been running for president ever since the polls were closed in November 2008, and so she's had the jump on many. But there will be better alternatives for conservatives by the time there has to be, I am reasonably assured of that.

MITT ROMNEY (+400 in the political betting odds) -- Romney has the kind of solid business background that will make him attractive to many primary voters. But man, he spent a lot of money last time around and really didn't get anywhere. That's not efficient politics. They'll still jump on him for some of his flip-flops too.

BOBBY JINDAL (+500 in the political betting odds) -- He is the proverbial "new kid on the block" when it comes to national politics; he's brilliant, and he's got a lot of people who'd like to support him. However, there's a long way to go, and he hasn't experienced a vetting process like he'll have to go through if, well, he wants to go through with it.

MIKE HUCKABEE (+500 in the political betting odds) -- I get the feeling he's the guy who's been groomed by Fox News to be the candidate since the 2008 elections. I just wonder if he's having too much fun being a TV personality; you know, the kind who DOESN'T have to make decisions on national security on a daily basis.

TIM PAWLENTY (+1000 in the political betting odds) -- There's some buzz here. Pawlenty is the guy some Republicans are hoping will strike a chord with younger voters, and at the same time galvanize some of the blue-collar types. Maybe he'll develop the wide appeal that makes him the "go-to" guy.

MARK SANFORD (+1200 in the political betting odds) -- If he does decide to enter the race in earnest (well, "earnest" may be an in appropriate word), he'll pick up some of the comic relief crumbs that are left by Palin. Although I would say, if he got elected he would revitalize an entire industry of investigative reporters who seem to be taking four years off since Barack Obama came into office.

CHARLIE CRIST (+1200 in the political betting odds) -- This won't happen for the Florida governor. Crist went independent, which means he's going to get it from both sides. He's got his hands full with a Senate race against Democrat Kendrick Meek and Republican Marco Rubio, and then there is his close involvement with Ron Rothstein, a politically-connected Fort Lauderdale attorney who robbed $1 million from investors in a Ponzi scheme.

DAVID PETRAEUS (+1500 in the political betting odds) -- Well, he ain't no Eisenhower.

NEWT GINGRICH (+1500) -- Gingrich does not come across with an electric personality, but there are not too many intellectual equals in this Republican field. I'm just wondering if he isn't going to be undercut by candidates who may want to paint him as an elitist. But he certainly comes with gravitas, and may be a value at his price.

JEB BUSH (+2000 in the political betting odds) -- Yeah, this would be a logical move, but I don't know that voters wouldn't just rather put the name "Bush" in their rearview mirrors.

JOHN McCAIN (+2000) -- Too old by now. And he better concentrate on winning his Senate race.

RUDOLPH GIULIANI (+1500) -- He was in an ideal position to make a move in '08, but blew it. Not a great campaigner. Why would things be so different this time around?

RON PAUL (+2000 in the political betting odds) -- Everyone's aware of him now. Yeah, I was happy to endorse his "Campaign for Liberty" in 2008. And guess what? He wouldn't mind legalizing online sports betting (Yay!). But he'll be 77 by Election Day, and I'm thinking that his son Rand, who'll probably be a Senator come November, might have a better chance, which is to say very little chance at all. Bottom line - he's not a value, given these political betting odds.

phill4paul
08-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Because we really need another Obama term? I'd make a bet on Paul (though a small one) if he'd just frikken declare!

Fr3shjive
08-31-2010, 04:09 PM
If Palin actually won the Republican nomination I would lose all faith in this country.

Elwar
08-31-2010, 04:13 PM
If Palin won the election...

http://www.seasteading.org

A Son of Liberty
08-31-2010, 04:15 PM
That's the field, folks. Those losers (aside from Paul) and Obama.

Guess what? More-of-the-Same, '12.

We're F***ed.

Galileo Galilei
08-31-2010, 04:22 PM
These odds are way off.

Sola_Fide
08-31-2010, 04:23 PM
How completely uninspiring...

Galileo Galilei
08-31-2010, 04:33 PM
http://www.betus.com/sports-betting/pr/pop_culture_news/betting-palin-early-favorite-republican-nomination-08-31-2010/

Palin is not going to be a real contender. She is overpriced. She has no organization in Iowa and polls very low in NH.

Ron Paul is underpriced. He will be a real contender among the top 3 or 4 at worst. Going into next year, he will have maybe another CPAC victory, maybe a $10 million moneybomb, and Rand in the Senate.

Huckabee is overpriced. he might not even run, and is weak with tea partiers.

Mark Sanford is a joke, he shouldn't even be on the list.

Jindahl could be a surprise, but right now he polls less than 1%, he is overpriced.

Romney is priced about right, and is strong in Iowa and NH.

Pawlenty is under-priced, there's a really good chance he will get the nomination as he is the NWO choice.

Crist is a joke, too, shouldn't be on the list.

Petraeus is a long shot, overpriced.

Gingrich is fairly good in the polls and could get tea party support. There's no way he gets the nomination with his f'd up family background.

Jeb Bush said he wasn't running.

McCain isn't running.

Ghouliani isn't running and is a joke.

People they left off who could make an impact are John Thune, Hamley Barbour, and Gary Johnson.