PDA

View Full Version : Over 1 Mil! We Did It!

Cindy
10-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Wooohooo, I can go to sleep now!

TechnoGuyRob
10-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Yay!!! Sleep!

ThePieSwindler
10-17-2007, 01:04 AM
We still need to kick it up a notch. 12 million by dec 31st is doable, but 4 million by the end of the month is seeming VERY improbable.

We need to mine for supporters.

empirenine
10-17-2007, 01:07 AM
We did $1.2 million in a week, why not $3 million in 2 weeks?

</devil's advocate>

Trassin
10-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Awesome!

As for the 12 million we have got to do a better job of getting the "non-internet" generations to support Ron Paul. They contribute a HUGE amount of money, just look at Rudy's FEC filings.

ThePieSwindler
10-17-2007, 01:09 AM
I think the campaign can gracefully mitigate any negative press from not reaching a goal by simply changing it from 4 million per moth to 12 million over all 3 - gives us time to get more supporters.

JoshLowry
10-17-2007, 01:10 AM
Congrats all! Sleep now. :p

torchbearer
10-17-2007, 01:11 AM
I think the campaign can gracefully mitigate any negative press from not reaching a goal by simply changing it from 4 million per moth to 12 million over all 3 - gives us time to get more supporters.

in order to make 12 million we have to raise 4 million a month.

JoshLowry
10-17-2007, 01:13 AM

Nah, just average 4 mil a month.

Thom1776
10-17-2007, 01:14 AM
They set the goal high, but they really don't expect to reach it. $8,000,000 is probably what they will end up with, but that is HUGE in and of itself.

Just don't let anyone try to spin it as "failure".

I hope I'm proven very wrong!

ThePieSwindler
10-17-2007, 01:17 AM

Well, how i see it, toward the second half of the quarter, we will have more supporters and more fresh wallets. More people will be paying attention as the election season hits november and december, so naturally those periods would be more likely to bring in new donations. Also, people who donated alot and exhausted themselves at the end of Q3, but havent maxed out yet, will have had time to pay some bills, some taxes, and recuperate. I think 12 million is doable, but 4 million per month is a bit harder because we have not had the time-advantage of new support or old support with new money.

LibertyEagle
10-17-2007, 01:42 AM
They set the goal high, but they really don't expect to reach it. $8,000,000 is probably what they will end up with, but that is HUGE in and of itself.

Just don't let anyone try to spin it as "failure".

I hope I'm proven very wrong!

Thomas, I honestly do not know why you're running around telling people not to worry about the 12 million dollar goal. Where exactly are you getting that from? Divine wisdom? OF COURSE IT'S IMPORTANT. That's why they set the goal!

They set the goal at 12 million, because that is what they must have to have any chance of conducting any kind of national campaign for President.

Think about it people. Advertising is VERY expensive. The campaign just spent $430K to run ONE radio ad in four early primary states.

So instead of trying to brush off this 12 million dollar goal, or imply that it's not really necessary, how about we all do what we have to do to get more people involved in this campaign. Knock on doors, pass out slim jims. Go to every event you see. Don't miss a gun show, etc. We have a little over 2 months left before the primaries start. We do not have much time. It's time to put it in overdrive!

We have hardly even begun to tap all those millions upon millions of people who do not use the internet. Isn't it time we do that?

The Only Woj
10-17-2007, 02:57 AM
we need to bring more people in to donate, not necessarily to donate more ourselves. after all, the people are the ones who're going to vote, and it doesn't matter how much money you have and spend if you don't have the # you need showing up at the polls.

DeadheadForPaul
10-17-2007, 02:59 AM
Yahooooooo! We're on the upswing to that 4 mill

anewvoice
10-17-2007, 05:21 AM
What's important to note is that the campaign does not expect the internet hoarde to raise 12 million by ourselves. They are moving into advertising mode. 430k on radio ads, television likely to follow.

Most people are still not paying attention to the political process. More people = more money.

Of course 12 million all online would still be awesome so it's time to donate. :)

partypooper
10-17-2007, 05:34 AM
What's important to note is that the campaign does not expect the internet hoarde to raise 12 million by ourselves... Of course 12 million all online would still be awesome so it's time to donate. :)

i guess i am still not sure whether the amount displayed on the lady liberty is internet only or total money raised. can anybody enlighten me?

anewvoice
10-17-2007, 05:37 AM
i guess i am still not sure whether the amount displayed on the lady liberty is internet only or total money raised. can anybody enlighten me?

That is an open item of contention. The campaign e-mail implies that the numbers are entered immediately. However, the graphs do not show evidence of paper receipts being entered in batch either. The mystery continues.