PDA

View Full Version : What I did for RP today...

G-khan
10-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Very simple - I grabbed some slimjims and rp business cards and picked three people to go have a talk to. Went to their houses and all three had no idea who Ron Paul was except one said he noticed I had a sign in my yard?

Well I told them about Ron Paul and sat them down at their home computers and bookmarked some videos of Ron Paul speaking.. I spent 1/2 hr to 1 hr with each of them. I stressed how important it was to vote in the primary for Ron Paul if they liked him to give him a chance. I left each of them telling them to look him over and decide.

I told them that I was confident after they looked and listened to him they would be a supporter. I left them a few slimjims and rp business cards and told them that it was important to spread the word themselves..

Felt real good and I think by the time I left each of them, that they would become supporters.

All I can say is please make a list of some friends to go talk to. If they have computers ask if you can bookmark some rp stuff for them..

We are all different so do what will work for you - the point is get off your ass and go see some people.

Signs are great and marching is great but nothing beats word of mouth. I had one guy that saw my sign weeks ago and did nothing. Now that I talked with him he is motivated to find out more..

risiusj
10-17-2007, 01:01 AM
'tis true.
Talking to people is great. It's hard for someone to turn you down face to face.

Keep up the good work!

robatsu
10-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Good job. This is hard stuff to do, but is invaluable.

UtahApocalypse
10-17-2007, 01:02 AM
well.... we talked to a bike shop owner who set us up really great with some deals. We will be adding him on our Sponsor page. We talked to him about RP, seems interested. We then had our first official event which was with the Portland area groups. We had a good time and talked to a lot of supporters. The most importnat is we converted my brother and his wife into Ron Paul supporters and Voters.

G-khan
10-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Good job. This is hard stuff to do, but is invaluable.

You are right - to sit down and decide ok I am going to go and talk to them is hard. I would be kicking myself in the ass for not doing it though and losing the only hope for America that I can see..

Signs and marching are great to show the support but getting people to sit down and take a hard look at RP is by far the best.

If everyone would just put into their schedule to talk to one person a day and make sure they had the tools to research RP they would convert them.

Word of mouth is worth more than any ad IMO