View Full Version : john mayer yells at his friends about RP

Craig_R
10-17-2007, 12:55 AM
anyone see this yet? sounds like a celebrity endorsement to me

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1243684715

kinda :confused:

steph3n
10-17-2007, 12:58 AM
use search, at least 3 threads about it already.

(side note: stop brain rot, boycott tmz!)

risiusj
10-17-2007, 12:59 AM
More like incoherent, drunk rambling.
But I'll take it :)

Also, I don't like that Mac guy.

Thom1776
10-17-2007, 01:20 AM
Is he some sort of celebrity? I never heard of him.

Craig_R
10-17-2007, 01:23 AM

hes that dude that sang that song about a body being a wonderland or some crap like that. new emo pop rock , not my style

Ron Paul Fan
10-17-2007, 01:23 AM

He's a singer and not a very good one. Hopefully he can talk to some better celebrities and get them involved. We need a cool celebrity and not someone who's best known for "Your Body is a Wonderland."

LibertyEagle
10-17-2007, 01:24 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mayer

Craig_R
10-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Also, I don't like that Mac guy.

I prefer to think of him as the jeepers creepers guy, or the accepted guy. Yeah, I dont care for him either

adpierce
10-17-2007, 01:27 AM
I actually like John Mayer, his music is chill music, good stuff for to sleep to and girls like it if you know what I mean. Since I'm kind of a mellow dude I really like it. If Mayer actually likes Paul (which I personally think he was probably just joking around in front of the cameras) that would be awesome. His fan base is huge.... unfortunately it's probably the same fan base that "ought" to have already heard of the good doctor by now.

bburns1214
10-17-2007, 01:35 AM
I really like John Mayer. I think his song "Waiting on the World to Change" should be Dr. Pauls theme song. I didn't even know he was a Ron Paul supporter so now I like him even more. By the way, his music is not "Emo". He is an amazing guitarist and writes his own songs, which you don't see much of these days.

karmavsdogma
10-17-2007, 02:01 AM
He's that guy with the huge vagina.

I'm going to have to stop bashing the guy now, though. Wonder how long it will take for all of Hollywood to be yelling drunkenly about Ron Paul on the streets of wherever.

DjLoTi
10-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Dude, he dated Jessica Simpson. That's pretty cool with me.

parocks
10-17-2007, 02:23 AM
He could play at a rally or a fundraiser.

devil21
10-17-2007, 02:32 AM
His drunken "endorsement" is already making its way around the net. Let's not bash another RP supporter, regardless of whether you like his music or friends or not.

jd603
10-17-2007, 10:19 AM
The YouTube is here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vrPCkMSTH9A

comment and rate it!

Drknows
10-17-2007, 10:25 AM
The YouTube is here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vrPCkMSTH9A

comment and rate it!

Lets get this sucker to the top of youtube.

0zzy
10-17-2007, 10:35 AM
People who hate his music, calling it emo? Pshh, you guys dont know emo.

I like his music, its def not emo.

Man from La Mancha
10-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Ron Paul Gets Celebrity Endorsement From John Mayer: Video Debate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Josh Hart
Oct 16, 2007

Guitar master John Mayer is very excited about Ron Paul and he's willing to go toe-to-toe with the "Apple Guy" (that would be actor Justin Long) in the streets of Hollywood to get his point across. This may be the first celebrity endorsement for the good doctor. For those right now that are saying "who is Ron Paul" you are not alone. Paul is a Republican candidate for president that polls near the bottom of every conventional poll, but he has a strong dedicated following on the World Wide Web.

Ron Paul Gets Celebrity Endorsement From John Mayer: Video Debate

For Ron Paul supporters that are wondering who the hell in John Mayer he is an outstanding guitar player and it appears an avid supporter. In the video Mayer screams at Long to check out the candidate and lectures the star of the Apple Computer commercials to "read the Constitution." It isn't clear on the short video that shows the debate online who Justin is supporting but it doesn't appear to be Dr. Paul.

The video is here and is rather amusing and Mayer's antics in the "debate" pretty much sums up every Ron Paul supporter I have ever heard from. Though Mayer's rant is a bit wild eyed and crazy, they both leave together in the same vehicle so all is well. For those that wish to follow John Mayer's suggestion and find out more about Ron Paul his website is here.

Paul appears to have the angry white guitarist vote sewn up. Here's Paul on the issues - on immigration he says no amnesty, and end birthright citizenship. On the war in Iraq: Bring the troops home, no future wars without the authorization of Congress.

On guns: Opposes most gun control measures; believes guns should be allowed on college campuses, national parks and with pilots. On taxes: Eliminate the IRS and Federal Reserve; supports eliminating the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Education. On abortion, he is Pro-life.
http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272616671.shtml

adpierce
10-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Until John Mayer officially endorses Ron Paul or donates money to his campaign I am considering this a prank that he staged for shi*s and giggles.

Green Mountain Boy
10-17-2007, 10:43 AM
I suggested that we try to get John Mayer and Jimmy Vaughan to play a the Philly Rally. Jimmy's a big Ron Paul supporter and the two of them have played together before.

Crunchy
10-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Until John Mayer officially endorses Ron Paul or donates money to his campaign I am considering this a prank that he staged for shi*s and giggles.

Where is the money? no money, no love.

Marceline88
10-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Hahaha This is awesome, and a bit of a set up by John. He knew the paps would be outside waiting for him and he and his buddies obviously decided, "lets make it look like we are arguing" so that John could say Ron Paul and read the Constitution over and over again. hahaha Excellent!!! His endorsement is a BIG deal.

Whoever called his music Emo is really out of touch. John Mayer plays more like a very soulful Clapton when he's on electric. Listen to his album Continuum it's awesome. http://youtube.com/watch?v=HXWXQeHCWpo

Now, go find every John Mayer video and every bit of gossip about him and comment on his drunken brawl in front of a night club, caught by the paps.....John was fightin' for the Constitution and some guy named Ron Paul?? LOLOLOL

Revolution9
10-17-2007, 11:07 AM
I really like John Mayer. I think his song "Waiting on the World to Change" should be Dr. Pauls theme song.

AAAAARRGGHH.. Head explodes.. There goes all the rock band endorsements out the window..heh..

'Revolution by The Beatles IS the theme song. It encapsulates and does not waste one double entendre metaphor.

Best
Randy

jd603
10-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Bump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPCkMSTH9A

youtube vid is picking up steam, leave comment if you haven't already so we can get in top10 blogger buzz on Google and spread it so maybe we can get top vid!

Shellshock1918
10-17-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm glad he yelled out the douchy Mac guy.

Maybe he'll make an official endorsement statement.

Cindy
10-17-2007, 01:13 PM

He's a grammy winner, and has a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE international fan base.

If he openned his mouth more like that, when sober, during interviews, he could bring millions of new supporters in a snap.

RP4ME
10-17-2007, 01:36 PM
prolly staged but ya know - who cares - he says two thinsg everyAmerican needs to hear right NOW:

1.RON PAUL

2.Just read the Constitution

Mani
10-17-2007, 04:12 PM
John Meyer is popular with young people, he is an original artist. I'm not really into his music, but I respect the fact that he's not a cookie cutter product, he's original.

I'm not sure what kind of support JM has for Ron Paul, it sounded like an inebriated debate, a lot of times those are meaningless. Could have been one of those "taste great/less filling" type of debates.

Regardless it was positive pub and I hope he is a supporter. The chicks really dig him, "He's really deep." They will listen to whatever he says.

jd603
10-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Bump one more time!

8,000 Youtube views, 80 comments and growing. Also, dig down the negative comments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPCkMSTH9A&v3

reduen
10-17-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't know either of those guys who are arguing but I think the Ron Paul supporter can take the little guy!! :D

OReich
10-17-2007, 04:41 PM
This doesn't suprise me, I always thought the Constitution was like a Wonderland, this just confirms it.

Geronimo
10-17-2007, 04:54 PM

You're absolutely right.

The Mayer Debate: Ron Paul or RuPaul?

Posted Oct 16th 2007 12:42PM by TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/16/the-mayer-debate-ron-paul-or-rupaul/) Staff
Filed under: Wacky and Weird

John Mayer spent the night before his 30th birthday having dinner with a few friends and arguing about the Constitution, presidential hopeful Ron Paul and drag queen RuPaul. Just your typical birthday conversation.

The pop star -- without his new woman, Minka Kelly -- celebrated with friends Sherrod Small (his "Chocolate Rain" co-star), comedian Jeffrey Ross, and "Live Free or Die Hard" star/Drew Barrymore's rumored new beau, Justin Long.

In typical Mayer fashion, he launched into a fake tirade about the merits of Ron Paul and how he avidly reads the Constitution. Somehow, Condoleezza Rice comes into the chat, and a homeless man calls him "John Paul."

You never know what's going to go down when John Mayer is around.

Noog
10-17-2007, 04:59 PM
John really tries to be funny... He really does.

jd603
10-17-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't think this is a "prank" , it seems like it at first but towards the end they just sounded like drunken buddies leaving the place. ..and Mayer says "ron paul knows the constitution and i'm with that guy" then leaps drunkenly into the SUV. i dont think it was staged, i think thats spin by TMZ (aol timewarner owned) to shutdown any Ron Paul spin that might arrise from it.

You're absolutely right.

The Mayer Debate: Ron Paul or RuPaul?

Posted Oct 16th 2007 12:42PM by TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/16/the-mayer-debate-ron-paul-or-rupaul/) Staff
Filed under: Wacky and Weird

John Mayer spent the night before his 30th birthday having dinner with a few friends and arguing about the Constitution, presidential hopeful Ron Paul and drag queen RuPaul. Just your typical birthday conversation.

The pop star -- without his new woman, Minka Kelly -- celebrated with friends Sherrod Small (his "Chocolate Rain" co-star), comedian Jeffrey Ross, and "Live Free or Die Hard" star/Drew Barrymore's rumored new beau, Justin Long.

In typical Mayer fashion, he launched into a fake tirade about the merits of Ron Paul and how he avidly reads the Constitution. Somehow, Condoleezza Rice comes into the chat, and a homeless man calls him "John Paul."

You never know what's going to go down when John Mayer is around.

parocks
10-17-2007, 06:37 PM
AAAAARRGGHH.. Head explodes.. There goes all the rock band endorsements out the window..heh..

'Revolution by The Beatles IS the theme song. It encapsulates and does not waste one double entendre metaphor.

Best
Randy

"you say you want a revolution, dontcha know that you can count me out."

it's actually not a pro-revolution song.

There are presumably a large number of potential theme songs. A lot of songs have been written about freedom, very few about more government.

I happen to be a big fan of Muse and Knights of Cydonia has appealing lyrics.

No'ones gonna take me alive
The time has come to make things right
You and I must fight for our rights
You and I must fight to survive

I can forsee a few months down the line huge bands like Muse wanting to play Ron Paul rallies. Not necessarily gonna happen, but certainly forseeable. I can't imagine any cool, credible band playing a Giuliani rally.

angelatc
10-17-2007, 06:40 PM
"you say you want a revolution, dontcha know that you can count me out."

it's actually not a pro-revolution song.

It's about peaceful Revolution. The line you quoted is actually:

"But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know you can count me out"