PDA

View Full Version : Make Phone Calls For Rand Paul!

Matt Collins
08-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Spread this around!

During the Primary, phone-banking efforts and dedication made a critical difference in the election. Thousands were reached by dedicated volunteers making calls from home for the Rand Paul for US Senate campaign.

But as we transition to the General Election, there are lots more voters to identify, and therefore more calls to be made.

Because of the success of the phonebanking, the campaign has a new and improved call from home system and would love you to be a part of it again and help make calls to the voters of Kentucky. We are just two months away from the election and your help is greatly appreciated. Volunteers like you fuel this campaign.

The new system they are using is called FLS Volunteer Connect. This allows you to make calls from your landline or cell phone. You will be connecting with a 1-800 (FREE) number and the system will make the calls for you. If you don't have access to a landline, or have limited time on your cell phone contact the campaign and they will help you with minutes.

When using the new system your number will never show up to the people you are calling. When you enter your phone number into the system, ONLY enter digits, DO NOT enter symbols. The script will be online and you (we are not doing voicemails at this time) just have to dial an 800# and there is a continuous dial tone.

You will be following a script and asking a few simple questions.

If you are interested in this, you can make an account at the link provided by clicking "request credentials" and trustworthy people will be approved in a timely manner. http://www.volunteer-connect.com/rpk/Login/Login.aspx (http://www.volunteer-connect.com/rpk/Login/Login.aspx)

If you have any questions or concerns you can contact the campaign through thomas@RandPaul2010.com.

p.s. The sooner we get this rolling the better, there's not time to waste!

Source:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2865343

thehighwaymanq
08-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Bump for rand

Dreamofunity
08-31-2010, 09:45 AM
What's the point of copying a post that is on the same forum section and page as this one?

Matt Collins
08-31-2010, 10:01 AM
What's the point of copying a post that is on the same forum section and page as this one?I originally put this in "General Politics" but for some unknown and nonsensical reason it got moved into the "Rand Forum" :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
09-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Who else has signed up?

Matt Collins
10-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Bump!

Natalie
10-20-2010, 08:28 AM
//

klamath
10-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Can someone give me a rundown on how the phonebank works? Do you have to use your own minutes if you are on a cell phone?

silverhandorder
10-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Yeah if you are on cellphone you are better off calling when you have free minutes (weekends).

Brett85
10-20-2010, 08:46 AM
I signed up and called about 50 people one night, and maybe 3 would actually talk to me. It was a total waste of time. It made me question how all of these polls are actually accurate when so many people won't even participate.

sailingaway
10-20-2010, 09:28 AM
I signed up and called about 50 people one night, and maybe 3 would actually talk to me. It was a total waste of time. It made me question how all of these polls are actually accurate when so many people won't even participate.

The problem is, in the 72 hour get out the vote phone banking -- which is definitely NOT a waste of time, you call people already identified as RP supporters and remind them to get out and vote. THAT is proven to be very effective in getting people out there, who might otherwise not make the effort.

To do that the people for RP need to be identified. Remember the people identified in the primary are only part of the GOP, and not only are there more GOP supporters, now, there are all the conservative Dems yet to identify.

However, even if you don't do it now, sign up for the 72 hour gotv calls!!

Matt Collins
10-20-2010, 09:31 AM
No it wasn't a waste of time. Your ratio is about correct. These lists are notoriously bad, but they still win elections! (we proved that during the primary).

Brett85
10-20-2010, 09:37 AM
The problem is, in the 72 hour get out the vote phone banking -- which is definitely NOT a waste of time, you call people already identified as RP supporters and remind them to get out and vote. THAT is proven to be very effective in getting people out there, who might otherwise not make the effort.

To do that the people for RP need to be identified. Remember the people identified in the primary are only part of the GOP, and not only are there more GOP supporters, now, there are all the conservative Dems yet to identify.

However, even if you don't do it now, sign up for the 72 hour gotv calls!!

I'm planning on doing the gotv calls. But I'm just not going to ask all these questions that nobody wants to answer.

LibertyEagle
10-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Can someone give me a rundown on how the phonebank works? Do you have to use your own minutes if you are on a cell phone?

Yes, but from the OP, the campaign would be happy to pay for some minutes.

MRoCkEd
10-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Rand won the primary because he had enough voters identified. He needs a lot more for the general.

LibertyEagle
10-20-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm planning on doing the gotv calls. But I'm just not going to ask all these questions that nobody wants to answer.

We called a TON of people before the primary. A TON.

These calls work. I realize they are not all that fun, but that's not the point. They WIN races.

Rand needs our help right now. Let's not drop the ball before we reach the goal line.

Come on, peeps. Let's finish this thing.

sailingaway
10-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Cross posted at daily paul. Bumps, from time to time, appreciated: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/147131

Natalie
10-23-2010, 03:30 PM
//

MRoCkEd
10-23-2010, 03:48 PM
I just started making calls. I am keeping a tally and so far it is not going so well:

No answer: 12
Answer: 0
Hung up on me: 2
I accidentally hung up on them: 1
Wrong number/ Disconnected: 4

HAHAHA! I will keep at it for another 30 minutes or so, then I'm giving up until tomorrow because I have to help make dinner.
Yeah, it's a real pain in the ass but it pays off in the end.

Natalie
10-23-2010, 04:02 PM
//

Brett85
10-23-2010, 04:08 PM
I just started making calls. I am keeping a tally and so far it is not going so well:

No answer: 12
Answer: 0
Hung up on me: 2
I accidentally hung up on them: 1
Wrong number/ Disconnected: 4

HAHAHA! I will keep at it for another 30 minutes or so, then I'm giving up until tomorrow because I have to help make dinner.

That's exactly what happened to me too. It makes me wonder how accurate all these polls actually are.

MRoCkEd
10-23-2010, 04:22 PM
That's exactly what happened to me too. It makes me wonder how accurate all these polls actually are.

The polls keep going until they get enough voters for a viable sample.

TheTyke
10-23-2010, 04:28 PM
These calls do work.... they're the reason we had a Randslide in the primary. I called my friends personally to remind them to vote, and they'd already received calls. VERY nice work by the campaign. I knew some people who called for 12 hrs a day leading up to the election. The greatest thanks for our victory goes to those people.

When Jimmy Higdon was outspent $2 million to $400,000 or so for state senate, people got up to five calls on election day, and got visited door to door too. He won handily despite the spending difference.

These are very, very effective... and it's just a numbers game. Will you annoy people and get hung up on? Sure! But in the end, you turn out far more voters than you would have otherwise.

Brett85
10-23-2010, 04:32 PM
The polls keep going until they get enough voters for a viable sample.

Yeah I know, but it's possible that the people who don't want to talk to pollsters are more libertarian and just want to be left alone.

Natalie
10-23-2010, 04:50 PM
//

Matt Collins
10-23-2010, 04:51 PM
After a long day of going door to door, I'm now making calls for Rand.

Natalie
10-23-2010, 04:52 PM
//

Brett85
10-23-2010, 04:57 PM
I think these calls would work better if they were more like robo calls where we criticized Conway and praised Rand, rather than calls where we basically just act like a pollster and don't really try to change anybody's mind.

Natalie
10-23-2010, 05:13 PM
//

Libertea Party
10-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah, before I started calling I thought the calls would be to promote Rand. :confused: Are these calls the "internal polling" you hear about? I don't understand what the purpose of the calls are. (The script just asks you to read four general questions about the persons position on things and who they are voting for)

They're "voter id". If you find someone that is against Obamacare for example that means they're probably a Paul voter or could be persuaded to be one. If they're for it then they are mostly a waste of time.

The ones against Obamacare get another call around election day to be reminded to vote. The others hopefully stay home ;)