PDA

View Full Version : Majority in new national poll: Sarah Palin unable to be effective president

libertybrewcity
08-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Bad news for Sarah Palin in a new 60 Minutes/Vanity Fair(credible?, who knows..) poll out yesterday.

Almost 60 percent of Americans say the Republican former Alaska governor does not have the ability to be an effective president, while almost a quarter — 26 percent — say she does.

Among Republicans, more say Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, is qualified than not: 47 percent to 40 percent. Still, Palin does not muster a majority in her own party.

Sarah Palin in Des Moines, October 2008

There are even detectable misgivings among self-described conservatives in the poll, who split in their confidence in Palin’s ability: 41 say she’s able to be an effective president, 40 say she’s not.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2010/08/30/majority-in-new-national-poll-say-sarah-palin-unable-to-be-effective-president/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IowaPolitics+%28Iowa+Politics +Insider+-+Des+Moines+Register%29

james1906
08-30-2010, 10:23 PM
She's a great cheerleader, but a terrible quarterback.

Rothbardian Girl
08-30-2010, 11:06 PM
While it may be trendy to hate on Palin, her numerous appearances on Fox News, when I've been able to catch them, don't convince me that she has a great handle on all the issues. She doesn't come off as being very articulate in interviews, and she tends to oversimplify things.

If she ever sees the light, she would be an effective cheerleader, though. I'm not holding my breath on that one, however.

cindy25
08-31-2010, 03:08 AM
unfortunately issues and explanations don't mean votes.

Palin can take the GOP nomination easily if she wants it. just a few anti-Mex or anti-moslem sound bytes and Iowa will be taken.

BlackSand
08-31-2010, 09:58 AM
Palin would hurt the movement more than anyone. What we need is either Paul, or a big government republican that the Tea Party just rails on for 4 years. That would help the movement.

ClayTrainor
08-31-2010, 10:06 AM
She would be very effective. She has the ability to keep people on the left and right riled up and fighting with eachother while the state continues to pursue its goals of empire.

In the de-facto sense, she's actually perfect for the job, considering what the job is. The office of the president is and was completely corrupt from day one. No one can sit in that seat and use it for good, it's pretty much the anti-thesis of what that job was meant for.

ClayTrainor
08-31-2010, 10:12 AM
She doesn't come off as being very articulate in interviews, and she tends to oversimplify things.

Exactly! She's perfect for the job! :p

YouTube - George Bushisms (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8QwgZvDq1k)

BlackSand
08-31-2010, 10:14 AM
Your last name Rothschild perchance? :P

But yes. I agree. She would be the perfect pawn. I imagine she would be really easy to manipulate. But maybe Im just a sexist. I dont know.

Galileo Galilei
08-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Bad news for Sarah Palin in a new 60 Minutes/Vanity Fair(credible?, who knows..) poll out yesterday.

Almost 60 percent of Americans say the Republican former Alaska governor does not have the ability to be an effective president, while almost a quarter — 26 percent — say she does.

Among Republicans, more say Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, is qualified than not: 47 percent to 40 percent. Still, Palin does not muster a majority in her own party.

Sarah Palin in Des Moines, October 2008

There are even detectable misgivings among self-described conservatives in the poll, who split in their confidence in Palin’s ability: 41 say she’s able to be an effective president, 40 say she’s not.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2010/08/30/majority-in-new-national-poll-say-sarah-palin-unable-to-be-effective-president/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IowaPolitics+%28Iowa+Politics +Insider+-+Des+Moines+Register%29

This is great news for Ron Paul. I think Palin will endorse Ron Paul for president next year, and maybe run with him as VP.

Rothbardian Girl
08-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Exactly! She's perfect for the job! :p

YouTube - George Bushisms (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8QwgZvDq1k)

lol. Fair enough. :D