PDA

View Full Version : What If Ron Paul Had A "Restoring Liberty" Rally In DC?

Sola_Fide
08-30-2010, 09:44 AM
What if Ron Paul had a "Restoring Liberty" rally in DC? Would it be advantageous to do such a thing?

What if we had a speaker list of liberty-minded candidates like Ron, Rand, Schiff, Amash, Kokesh, Dennis, Lee..... and Palin (just joking:))?

I think this is the only thing I would drop everything and fly anywhere to support right now.

What do you think?

ronpaulhawaii
08-30-2010, 09:52 AM
What if Ron Paul had a "Restoring Liberty" rally in DC? Would it be advantageous to do such a thing?

What if we had a speaker list of liberty-minded candidates like Ron, Rand, Schiff, Amash, Kokesh, Dennis, Lee..... and Palin (just joking:))?

I think this is the only thing I would drop everything and fly anywhere to support right now.

What do you think?

Are you aware that we've done this once already?

http://www.revolutionmarch.com/

We've gotten about 12k to our biggest events so far. We do not have the financial and media backing that Beck&Co have.

I think one of the most effective uses of time at this point is to find a local race to volunteer for in preparation for 2012. Beyond that, the Iowa Straw Poll will need some heavy co-ordination...

Matt Collins
08-30-2010, 09:59 AM
I think one of the most effective uses of time at this point is to find a local race to volunteer for in preparation for 2012. Beyond that, the Iowa Straw Poll will need some heavy co-ordination...
Exactly. We have to dig in and get local. That is our only chance.

libertybrewcity
08-30-2010, 10:01 AM
I would go, but resources should be used on local races.

Sola_Fide
08-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Are you aware that we've done this once already?

http://www.revolutionmarch.com/

We've gotten about 12k to our biggest events so far. We do not have the financial and media backing that Beck&Co have.

Definetly. I was aware of the revolution march! Do you think the Tea Parties would change the turnout in 2012? I think they would.

I see that Ron is trying to tell the Tea Parties that "they have been taken for a ride". But I would like to see Ron take a more visable, central role in speaking for the Tea Parties like Rand has done.

MelissaWV
08-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Most of us lack the circumstances (financially or otherwise) to drop everything and fly somewhere right now. I agree with RPH that there are races going on right now which need to be won, and which need funding and support. That funding falls infinitely short of what it would take to put together an event of that magnitude for uncertain turnout.

IF an event like that is to be put together, it should be in the very distant future, and unless there are plans to make it a platform from which Dr. Paul would announce a run for 2012, it would probably be better to have it during the run (when people are more involved and enthusiastic).

Consider, instead, organizing a "Restoring Liberty" tour to coincide with various events like the straw polls and primaries.

YumYum
08-30-2010, 10:03 AM
We have two groups of people that we need to court and Ron Paul would win the election. Muslims and Hispanics; including illegal aliens.

Minuteman2012
08-30-2010, 10:07 AM
We have two groups of people that we need to court and Ron Paul would win the election. Muslims and Hispanics; including illegal aliens.

I think we just need to court people. Freedom is colorblind, their is no need to target groups deliberately so as to alienate others and divide us.

ronpaulhawaii
08-30-2010, 10:08 AM

Consider, instead, organizing a "Restoring Liberty" tour to coincide with various events like the straw polls and primaries.

Precisely what I have been working on :D

MelissaWV
08-30-2010, 10:10 AM

See what I did there? :p

MRoCkEd
08-30-2010, 10:12 AM
He needs a huge rally to kick off his 2012 campaign.

Sola_Fide
08-30-2010, 10:14 AM

Sounds good man!

YumYum
08-30-2010, 10:14 AM
I think we just need to court people. Freedom is colorblind, their is no need to target groups deliberately so as to alienate others and divide us.

Limited time, workers and financial resources will force his campaign to target certain groups. It takes numbers to win votes. Every presidential candidate targets who they want to support them. You can't just throw grass in the wind and watch which way it blows and then follow.

You have to have a target audience to build a base.

Even Jesus preached only to the Jews.

Minuteman2012
08-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Limited time, workers and financial resources will force his campaign to target certain groups. It takes numbers to win votes. Every presidential candidate targets who they want to support them. You can't just throw grass in the wind and watch which way it blows and then follow.

You have to have a target audience to build a base.

Even Jesus preached only to the Jews.

Than go after whites, they are the overwhelming majority voting bloc, and lean the most conservative.

But then again, I support neither strategy, both are stupid, and would create alienation. If you think you can win a republican primary with muslims and "hispanics" and alienate everyone else than you are delusional.

ChaosControl
08-30-2010, 10:23 AM

No. Then you forever give up the growing demographics like the GOP has and thus continue to have people who are relatively conservative voting for Democrats when you could easily have them voting for conservative candidates instead.

Minuteman2012
08-30-2010, 10:28 AM
No. Then you forever give up the growing demographics like the GOP has and thus continue to have people who are relatively conservative voting for Democrats when you could easily have them voting for conservative candidates instead.

Ok then, how do you "target" them? What are you going to do, short of support blanket amnesty for illegals or oppose gay marriage(and other social issues), to get "target" "hispanics" to vote for Ron Paul?

Thankfully, Dr. Paul won't follow your strategy, and this nonsense is relegated to discussion forums.

LibertyMage
08-30-2010, 10:30 AM
He needs a huge rally to kick off his 2012 campaign.

You beat me to it. I have been thinking about this for a long time now. We need to organize something huge that stands out in every state that "compels" him to run.

YumYum
08-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Than go after whites, they are the overwhelming majority voting bloc, and lean the most conservative.

But then again, I support neither strategy, both are stupid, and would create alienation. If you think you can win a republican primary with muslims and "hispanics" and alienate everyone else than you are delusional.

No, you are delusional if you think that the majority of white Christian islamophopes in this country will vote for Ron Paul after his brave letter advocating property rights regarding the debate on the NYC mosque. His letter will be used against him, and the average white Christian American of average and below intelligence will not want to vote for him when his enemies start spewing the propaganda that Ron Paul "supports terrorist".

AIPAC will do everything it can to keep Ron Paul from becoming president. No one can be elected president without AIPAC's support.

The only group that could possibly stand up to AIPAC is OPEC.

His brilliant letter served two purposes: 1) to stand up for property rights 2) to get OPEC and 1.5 billion Muslims behind him.

Also, the Hispanics are tired of Obama, the Dems and naturally the Republicans. I speak Spanish, and when I talk to them about Ron Paul they love his message. Illegal aliens love the concept of "Freedom and Liberty" as much as we do. Can you blame them? And, there are about 30 million of them in this country. Ron Paul has delivered Hispanic babies when he practiced medicine; he can deliver illegals from their misery.

"He Delivered babies; He'll Deliver You!!"

Ron Paul 2012

MelissaWV
08-30-2010, 10:54 AM
No, you are delusional if you think that the majority of white Christian islamophopes in this country will vote for Ron Paul after his brave letter advocating property rights regarding the debate on the NYC mosque. His letter will be used against him, and the average white Christian American of average and below intelligence will not want to vote for him when his enemies start spewing the propaganda that Ron Paul "supports terrorist".

AIPAC will do everything it can to keep Ron Paul from becoming president. No one can be elected president without AIPAC's support.

His brilliant letter served two purposes: 1) to stand up for property rights 2) to get OPEC and 1.5 billion Muslims behind him.

Also, the Hispanics are tired of Obama, the Dems and naturally the Republicans. I speak Spanish, and when I talk to them about Ron Paul they love his message. Illegal aliens love the concept of "Freedom and Liberty" as much as we do. Can you blame them? And, there are about 30 million of them in this country. Ron Paul has delivered Hispanic babies when he practiced medicine; he can deliver illegals from their misery.

Ron Paul 2012

You've spoken to all the Hispanics? Why don't I remember having this conversation with you?

YumYum
08-30-2010, 10:59 AM
You've spoken to all the Hispanics? Why don't I remember having this conversation with you?

I take it you are Hispanic? You like Ron Paul, right? There, we had our conversation.

Sola_Fide
08-30-2010, 11:00 AM
I take it you are Hispanic? You like Ron Paul, right? There, we had our conversation.

Dude,

You're not even a good troll. Step up your game.

Minuteman2012
08-30-2010, 11:06 AM

Ron Paul 2012

Most of Ron Paul's supporters are white people, even this forum is mostly white, but that is besides the point. The point is, that you argue his message will attract one group of people but not another, when the opposite is true. the fact is, the bulk of Ron Paul's supporters are white, and "hispanics" as you call people who come from Spanish speaking countries vote democrat(minus Cubans for the most part) and vote for Obama. They did so on his promise to grant amnesty, and unless Ron Paul does a total 180 and alienates his base and actual registered conservative republicans from voting for him and supports amnesty, he won't get the majority of their support. This is not to say "Hispanics" won't vote for him, but they won't in mass, and it is foolish to target people on racial lines. I certainly wouldn't give my time to a campaign that did such a thing. As Ron Paul's says, freedom brings us together, it doesn't divide us. I have found personally that liberty message attracts all kinds of people(white, asian, arab, christian, jewish, atheist).

There will always be pro war republicans, and we will just have to accept that, but the fact is, Ron Paul won CPAC, is neck and neck with Obama in a national poll, and his positives among everyday republicans are going up as opposition to the Afghanistan War grows and the economy gets worse. And if we win the nomination, these people will vote Republican anyways, since they agree with him on economic policy, Illegal Immigration and things like Roe V Wade.

And you are oversimplifying the Mosque issue, Ron Paul never said the Mosque was in good taste, or that he avidly supports it. What he said was is that major opponents of the mosque are using it to drum up support for war in the Mid East and are ignoring Constitutional protections to free worship and private property. While most Americans oppose the building of the Mosque, they are in line with Ron Paul's position that they have the right to build it.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20014737-503544.html

And you are insane, Ron Paul never talked about OPEC or "getting all Muslims" behind him. Ron Paul doesn't support statist monopolies like OPEC and won't campaign to people that don't live in America.

You are probably trying to be satirical, but it isn't that funny, you just come off like a loon.

Sola_Fide
08-30-2010, 11:13 AM
And you are oversimplifying the Mosque issue, Ron Paul never said the Mosque was in good taste, or that he avidly supports it. What he said was is that major opponents of the mosque are using it to drum up support for war in the Mid East and are ignoring Constitutional protections to free worship and private property. While most Americans oppose the building of the Mosque, they are in line with Ron Paul's position that they have the right to build it.

This is the point I have been trying to make.

Ron Paul hasn't become an Islamophile, he is simply calling out the distraction for what it is.

MelissaWV
08-30-2010, 11:15 AM

That is neither a conversation about a message, nor in Spanish. If this is the extent and quality of the interactions to which you are referring, I would hazard to guess that they are just nodding in agreement to be rid of you.

YumYum
08-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Most of Ron Paul's supporters are white people, even this forum is mostly white, but that is besides the point. The point is, that you argue his message will attract one group of people but not another, when the opposite is true. the fact is, the bulk of Ron Paul's supporters are white, and "hispanics" as you call people who come from Spanish speaking countries vote democrat(minus Cubans for the most part) and vote for Obama. They did so on his promise to grant amnesty, and unless Ron Paul does a total 180 and alienates his base and actual registered conservative republicans from voting for him and supports amnesty, he won't get the majority of their support. This is not to say "Hispanics" won't vote for him, but they won't in mass, and it is foolish to target people on racial lines. I certainly wouldn't give my time to a campaign that did such a thing. As Ron Paul's says, freedom brings us together, it doesn't divide us. I have found personally that liberty message attracts all kinds of people(white, asian, arab, christian, jewish, atheist).

There will always be pro war republicans, and we will just have to accept that, but the fact is, Ron Paul won CPAC, is neck and neck with Obama in a national poll, and his positives among everyday republicans are going up as opposition to the Afghanistan War grows and the economy gets worse. And if we win the nomination, these people will vote Republican anyways, since they agree with him on economic policy, Illegal Immigration and things like Roe V Wade.

And you are insane, Ron Paul never talked about OPEC or "getting all Muslims" behind him. Ron Paul doesn't support statist monopolies like OPEC and won't campaign to people that don't live in America.

You are probably trying to be satirical, but it isn't that funny, you just come off like a loon.

I am not being satirical, I am being realistic. What you are proposing is a repeat of 2008. There is no way in hell that the majority of white Christian Americans will vote for Ron Paul. In fact, there is a significant number of them that hate him. I know; I have talked to them. That doesn't mean that people can't change, but to try and turn around 50 million voters who would not vote for Ron Paul, and choose him over their favorites is impractical. It would require more money than his 150,000 current supporters could possibly raise.

Whether he likes it or not (it is my opinion that he knew his letter would win over Muslim's hearts), his letter has one over the Muslim vote. The more that his Christan enemies use it against him the more the Muslims will back him.

And what about AIPAC? Do you have a brilliant strategy to win AIPAC over into Ron Paul's camp? Without AIPAC's approval, Ron Paul doesn't have a chance. What are you going to have him do, change his message about "no more foreign aid" to appease AIPAC? The only power on Earth that could stand up to AIPAC is OPEC, and by courting Muslims, OPEC could cut Ron Paul's campaign a $200 million check and not even blink an eye.

Rand Paul is rubbing shoulders with warmongering neocons. Why? To win. Ron Paul can court Hispanics/illegal aliens and Muslims. Why? To win.

YumYum
08-30-2010, 11:27 AM
That is neither a conversation about a message, nor in Spanish. If this is the extent and quality of the interactions to which you are referring, I would hazard to guess that they are just nodding in agreement to be rid of you.

Well, you make a remark "So, have you talked to all the Hispanics?" I take it that you're being antagonistic at the same time that I am trying to come up with ways that Ron Paul can win this coming election.

Minuteman2012
08-30-2010, 11:40 AM
I am not being satirical, I am being realistic. What you are proposing is a repeat of 2008. There is no way in hell that the majority of white Christian Americans will vote for Ron Paul. In fact, there is a significant number of them that hate him. I know; I have talked to them. That doesn't mean that people can't change, but to try and turn around 50 million voters who would not vote for Ron Paul, and choose him over their favorites is impractical. It would require more money than his 150,000 current supporters could possibly raise.

Whether he likes it or not (it is my opinion that he knew his letter would win over Muslim's hearts), his letter has one over the Muslim vote. The more that his Christan enemies use it against him the more the Muslims will back him.

And what about AIPAC? Do you have a brilliant strategy to win AIPAC over into Ron Paul's camp? Without AIPAC's approval, Ron Paul doesn't have a chance. What are you going to have him do, change his message about "no more foreign aid" to appease AIPAC? The only power on Earth that could stand up to AIPAC is OPEC, and by courting Muslims, OPEC could cut Ron Paul's campaign a $200 million check and not even blink an eye.

Rand Paul is rubbing shoulders with warmongering neocons. Why? To win. Ron Paul can court Hispanics/illegal aliens and Muslims. Why? To win.
It is good to know you are insane, but along with that, you are woefully misinformed.

I absolutely believe that a majority of whites will vote for Ron Paul over Obama, Obama's disapproval among whites is around 65%, and I don't see that changing sometime soon. And you incorrectly assume that a majority is needed to win the Republican nomination, when in fact, all you need is 1/3rd or a little less. If we run a Rand Paul style campaign(hit overspending, the Federal Reserve, the IRS) and run against the Afghanistan war(which a large minority of republicans oppose, including Michael Steele, Ann Coulter and George Will).
http://politics.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2010/07/21/republicans-are-turning-against-the-afghanistan-war.html

If you think he can win a GOP primary or a general be exclusively "targeting"(still haven't defined that vague term yet) Muslims or "hispanics" and then hope that somehow come out in droves and break regular voting patterns by ignoring the "blocs" that do vote for Paul than you are delusional, it won't happen. The polling data is not on your side. And if you seriously think he can win "hispanics" on the slogan of "he delivered babies, he will deliver your"(whatever that means), than you must be crazy and must also have a very dim view on the intelligence of the "hispanic" electorate. The fact is, unless Ron Paul reverses his view on Amnesty and alienates his current base and conservative republicans than, and gets "hispanics" to massively reregister republican than he won't when the primary much less the general election.

OPEC can't give money, nor does Ron Paul want their dirty money, or to be associated with this group of statist tyrants who try to monopolize natural resources. And AIPAC can't stop people from voting for Ron Paul. The worse they can do is run third party ads against him saying he opposes aid to Israel, when in fact most Americans oppose foreign aid, there are even those in the pro-Israeli camp that oppose foreign aid. All he has to do is explain that he supports trade and peace with all nations(including Israel), and foreign aid to none, especially with our deficit. There is no way they will be able to cost him an election on that issue.

Courting non-citizens who can't vote and associating with tyrannical organizations like OPEC won't win him votes, it will cost him the election and paint him in a bad light. I wouldn't vote for him if he did.

YumYum
08-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Sounds like mental masturbation to me. I want to send you a free jar of Vaseline and some LSD. Do you have a mailing address?

Imaginos
08-30-2010, 12:19 PM
[/B]
Alas, that's so bizarre yet so true.
:(

Imaginos
08-30-2010, 12:28 PM
We have to elect Ron Paul by any means necessary in 2012.
IMHO, this is our only chance to take back our government from the special interest groups traitors in and out of Washington, D.C.
If you study the history of special interest traitors (Military Industrial Complex, Banking Cartel, Oil industry, and etc.) you'll see their power and influence have been continuously increased for past decades.
At this rate, in 2016 or 2020, it will reach the point that no one, I mean no one can challenge this coalition of traitors and political whores.

YumYum
08-30-2010, 12:41 PM
We have to elect Ron Paul by any means necessary in 2012.
IMHO, this is our only chance to take back our government from the special interest groups traitors in and out of Washington, D.C.
If you study the history of special interest traitors (Military Industrial Complex, Banking Cartel, Oil industry, and etc.) you'll see their power and influence have been continuously increased for past decades.
At this rate, in 2016 or 2020, it will reach the point that no one, I mean no one can challenge this coalition of traitors and political whores.

Exactly. And Ron Paul concentrated his efforts trying to win over the Christian Conservative movement in 2008 and lost big time. But, in his efforts, he has won over white leftest who also believe in Freedom and Liberty. Now, he needs to target the poor, the minorities, other religious denominations, and even the illegal aliens (even Minuteman 2012 said in another thread that Ron Paul should/would/could implement a guest worker program). These are the groups of people that the "special interest traitors" have no control over. That is how Obama won the primary. While Hillary was going after the special interest, Obama was going after the little people in the small towns of America's Heartland. It was a brilliant move that caught Hillary's camp completely off guard.

Ron Paul has to find his "niche", and the people who the special interest groups pay no attention to are the very same people that will put Ron Paul in office; not his 150,000 "die hard" supporters. But we can plant the "seeds" by educating these people about "Freedom and Liberty".

johnrocks
08-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Great plan IF we could get big names to talk it up on the Networks like Napolitano and Stossel, Morning Joe perhaps as well as the mega bucks to pull it off, otherwise you'll have 5-10000 people coming, no media attention and plenty of mocking to deal with.

Slutter McGee
08-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Yes we should be targetting minority groups...but at a more local level. Much like Glen Bradley has done. It is just way too unaffordable, in a national election, to target a minority group that you probably couldn't break 20%, at the risk of pushing away a large contingent of those voters you will rely on.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

JoshLowry
08-30-2010, 01:23 PM

Thoughts on a money bomb pre-Iowa straw poll so that RP has funds specifically for the event?

Bus 'em in, cloth 'em, and dine 'em. Fight fire with fire.

We'll need shirts, stickers, and Gadsden flags. I think it's going to be a big tea party.

MRoCkEd
08-30-2010, 01:42 PM
We must dominate in Iowa. Everyone's attending. No excuses.

JoshLowry
08-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Yea, and scratch the moneybomb idea, I'm sure he'll have funds by that point. I had a brain fart.

I'm so used to RP events being separate from a presidential race.

MelissaWV
08-30-2010, 04:07 PM
We must dominate in Iowa. Everyone's attending. No excuses.

Not everyone can go, but those who can't go, should be prepared to fund. I expect a bumper crop of Chip-Ins asking for assistance with money to get there, and that's fine.