PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to Tea Party: You've Been Taken For A Ride

DamianTV
08-30-2010, 02:42 AM
http://www.digitalmeetingcenter.com/ron-pauls-shocking-message-to-the-tea-party/851883/

Ron Paul has some surprising news for the Tea Party:

You’re being taken for a ride.

http://www.digitalmeetingcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ron_paul_500px-300x240.jpg

At least this is what many libertarians like Ron Paul believe when they see someone like Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin trying to lead the Tea Party at the “restoring honor” rally this weekend. In fact, Ron Paul believes, if you’re looking for real freedom, you should really go back to the core of the constitution and the bill of rights, which Beck and Palin do not fully endorse when you really look at their beliefs. Whether it be Palin’s support for starting more wars or Beck’s beliefs on paying the private Federal Reserve MORE interest on our money by means of a VAT tax.

(more on link... (http://www.digitalmeetingcenter.com/ron-pauls-shocking-message-to-the-tea-party/851883/))

In order to avoid posting a wall of text, just click the stupid link...

This is especially pointed at people who think Sarah Palin is a "good guy". The Tea Party has already been hijacked, and its your responsibility to tell these clowns LIBERTY OR GTFO.

Hey, I kinda like that. Liberty or GTFO. Kinda catchy...

WorldonaString
08-30-2010, 03:04 AM

I agree too! That is a bumper sticker at the very least...the name of a new political party even! :)

I'd like to see it on a ballot. Younger folks would appreciate it!

DamianTV
08-30-2010, 03:13 AM
Lol thanks! I had to put it in the Unofficial 2012 Slogan Thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=258575)...

Of course, its not like Im gonna charge a nickel every time anyone says that, but it could work for a nice forum signature.... (hint hint) (points at the two guys with no forum sig...) (hint, put that in your sigs! lol) (hint, spelling out exactly what to do isnt a hint) (/hint)

LibertyEagle
08-30-2010, 03:25 AM
Hey, this is good. Thanks for posting the article. :)

“As many frustrated Americans who have joined the Tea Party realize, we cannot stand against big government at home while supporting it abroad. We cannot talk about fiscal responsibility while spending trillions on occupying and bullying the rest of the world. We cannot talk about the budget deficit and spiraling domestic spending without looking at the costs of maintaining an American empire of more than 700 military bases in more than 120 foreign countries. We cannot pat ourselves on the back for cutting a few thousand dollars from a nature preserve or an inner-city swimming pool at home while turning a blind eye to a Pentagon budget that nearly equals those of the rest of the world combined.”

Ron Paul believes the Tea Party is not about “left” or “right” like a lot of political pundits make it out to be. It’s about the constitution, and limited government.

Liberty Star
08-30-2010, 03:40 AM
Cool lol

Romulus
08-30-2010, 06:06 AM
Liberty or GTFO!

free1
08-30-2010, 07:33 AM
You need to free yourself first. No one is going to save you but yourself.

You need to learn that the words "United States" means the government for most legal purposes, like when you send in signed documents to the government masters.

All of this stuff congress does applies to United States citizens. 2nd class citizens, a subject class.

So stop being enslaved and free yourself.

You are the one who is giving them the power over you, and you have the power to free yourself.

"I do not consent"

Slutter McGee
08-30-2010, 07:50 AM
http://www.digitalmeetingcenter.com/ron-pauls-shocking-message-to-the-tea-party/851883/

This is especially pointed at people who think Sarah Palin is a "good guy". The Tea Party has already been hijacked, and its your responsibility to tell these clowns LIBERTY OR GTFO.

Very few people here think that Sarah Palin is a "good guy". Some people, like me, think that she has good intentions but simply doesn't fully understand the constitution and recognize that she isn't a long term friend to our ideas.

We accept that our movement is going to need to go after her some. She might be running against Dr. Paul for President. We also recognize that going after her before the midterm elections is politically stupid and there is no reason to attack her until after these elections are over.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Sola_Fide
08-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Liberty or GTFO 2012

MelissaWV
08-30-2010, 08:26 AM
You need to free yourself first. No one is going to save you but yourself.

You need to learn that the words "United States" means the government for most legal purposes, like when you send in signed documents to the government masters.

All of this stuff congress does applies to United States citizens. 2nd class citizens, a subject class.

So stop being enslaved and free yourself.

You are the one who is giving them the power over you, and you have the power to free yourself.

"I do not consent"

And Ron Paul is ... are you sitting down? ... a Congressman. He's part of the Government. We're trying to get him elected President, if you didn't get that vibe :) In fact, all over the forum, there are attempts to get people elected. If you're going to interject into these threads and talk about how we need to "free ourselves" before we get involved in fixing the system we need to "free ourselves" from, you should probably reconsider. It's really, really obnoxious.

Excellent OP!

Bern
08-30-2010, 08:43 AM
Liberty or GTFO

Has a nice ring to it, but the problem is - as far as most of the public is concerned, they don't understand what liberty means.

SevenEyedJeff
08-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Too many sheeple in the Tea Party now. They are not smart enough to stay away from these trashy establishment candidates. They think they are doing the right thing (and feel really good inside) by attending these rallies - who cares if Satan himself is speaking, cheer on brother, cheer on!

Working Poor
08-30-2010, 08:49 AM
http://www.zazzle.com/ron_paul_liberty_or_gtfo_tshirt-235935005872758652

Romulus
08-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Too many sheeple in the Tea Party now. They are not smart enough to stay away from these trashy establishment candidates. They think they are doing the right thing (and feel really good inside) by attending these rallies - who cares if Satan himself is speaking, cheer on brother, cheer on!

Eh, I believe a lot of them know what's right in their hearts, they are being led astray without a proper understanding of our problems today.

akforme
08-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Very few people here think that Sarah Palin is a "good guy". Some people, like me, think that she has good intentions but simply doesn't fully understand the constitution and recognize that she isn't a long term friend to our ideas.

We accept that our movement is going to need to go after her some. She might be running against Dr. Paul for President. We also recognize that going after her before the midterm elections is politically stupid and there is no reason to attack her until after these elections are over.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

WOW, if you can't see Sarah's intention you haven't been paying attention. She's making money, and saying whatever it takes to do so, nothing more, nothing less.

Slutter McGee
08-30-2010, 09:41 AM
WOW, if you can't see Sarah's intention you haven't been paying attention. She's making money, and saying whatever it takes to do so, nothing more, nothing less.

I am the last person on earth who is going to get mad at somebody for making money.

I don't agree with the woman on lots of issues. But lets wait until after the election before we start demonizing her.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Aratus
08-30-2010, 11:47 AM
ron paul is precisely correct in that the D.C rally comes across like a potential GOP ticket!!! (palin/beck in 2016, anyone?)

fatjohn
08-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Liberty or GTFO!

isn't that a bit contradicting, GTFO seems to me that someone is denied the right to STFI (stay the fuck in)

Romulus
08-30-2010, 12:40 PM
isn't that a bit contradicting, GTFO seems to me that someone is denied the right to STFI (stay the fuck in)

No such right exists, for those who violate our rights.

WorldonaString
08-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Lol thanks! I had to put it in the Unofficial 2012 Slogan Thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=258575)...

Not sure if you've got an account over at the DailyPaul, but I had to share your slogan on a similar thread over there. You are credited. ;)

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/142435#comment-1525874

Working Poor
08-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Some of you know I try real hard to win people over to the liberty revolution by posting at liberal forums I posted this article at on of the sites and am astounded at the responce thought you might enjoy reading the comments liberty is catching on I tell ya:

http://lisafrequency.newsvine.com/_news/2010/08/30/5000512-ron-pauls-shocking-message-to-the-tea-party?pc=25&sp=0&last=1283203661#last_1

Seraphim
08-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Some of you know I try real hard to win people over to the liberty revolution by posting at liberal forums I posted this article at on of the sites and am astounded at the responce thought you might enjoy reading the comments liberty is catching on I tell ya:

http://lisafrequency.newsvine.com/_news/2010/08/30/5000512-ron-pauls-shocking-message-to-the-tea-party?pc=25&sp=0&last=1283203661#last_1

"Kinda hard to fight for votes when you aren't even taken seriously as a candidate...."

I have a hard time taking a Libertarian seriously as a person. It's such an extreme position that only works in theory. Kind of like.....[wait for it] communism. And we all know how well that worked out. So when someone says they are a Libertarian, they have about as much credibility with me as they would if they said they were a communist.

What a moron. I suppose Jefferson, Washington were extremists whose ideas would never work in practice :rolleyes:

YumYum
08-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Liberty or GTFO

Has a nice ring to it, but the problem is - as far as most of the public is concerned, they don't understand what liberty means.

But they know what "GTFO" means.

Working Poor
08-30-2010, 05:28 PM
"Kinda hard to fight for votes when you aren't even taken seriously as a candidate...."

I have a hard time taking a Libertarian seriously as a person. It's such an extreme position that only works in theory. Kind of like.....[wait for it] communism. And we all know how well that worked out. So when someone says they are a Libertarian, they have about as much credibility with me as they would if they said they were a communist.

What a moron. I suppose Jefferson, Washington were extremists whose ideas would never work in practice :rolleyes:

mayI quote you ?:)

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-30-2010, 05:50 PM
If anyone parrots that stupid line about freedom and liberty being a utopist dream with no evidence of such showing a working framework tell them to read Anthony de Jasay, or Ludwig von Mises. Both utilitarian. Both clearly and irrefutably demonstrate to the empiricist/utilitarian the success of libertarianism. God I hate idiots.

DamianTV
08-31-2010, 01:55 AM

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

I cant really say that I believe she is a good guy.

Any person that tries to tell anyone else that they have to see things her way, and thats why she should be elected is not a true representative of the people, or freedom in general.

Here is the thing. Say you and I dont agree on something. Thats fine. She would be the type of person that would come along and tell one of us that we have to only look at things from the other persons perspective because one of our opinions is flat out wrong, which is of course, her opinion. It isnt our similarities that make us strong, it is our differences. And it is our willingness for us to defend each other to be different.

I may not agree 100% with anything that people say but I will defend their right to say it. Palin is not one of those types of people that defend anyone having a different point of view than her own. Ron is, and has always been, and that is why I like the guy.

---

Liberty or GTFO! (of office, that is) And for the record, having a job in government is hardly a right.

free1
08-31-2010, 04:15 AM
And Ron Paul is ... are you sitting down? ... a Congressman. He's part of the Government. We're trying to get him elected President, if you didn't get that vibe :) In fact, all over the forum, there are attempts to get people elected. If you're going to interject into these threads and talk about how we need to "free ourselves" before we get involved in fixing the system we need to "free ourselves" from, you should probably reconsider.

The very reason everyone is so concerned about congress and the United States (as in government) is because that government seems to have so much control over their lives. People have less liberty and are wondering why.

Electing more liberty minded politicians is good, that change will take a lot of time. But everyone can do something about this right now, take personal responsibility and disconnect themselves from direct government interaction, and the limited central government will suddenly become less of a concern and will start to only do those few things it's been delegated because it will have no more power over people.

Nothing stopping people from doing both things, getting liberty candidates elected and also learning how they enslaved everyone and why the "interstate commerce clause" is being used to control the government subjects.

DamianTV
08-31-2010, 11:31 AM
It seems like the essencial question is what is the responsibility of the government? Is it to keep the people Free? Or, is it to keep the people Safe?