PDA

View Full Version : Ideology and Real Solutions

BlackSand
08-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Where do you guys go when youre sick of politics and you want to learn about ideology and real solutions?

Like for example. When you want to hear about alternative healthcare systems, and not just what pundits are saying about healthcare. Or when youre sick of hearing about Glenn Beck. And you decide "I want to hear a well reasoned analysis of interventionism and isolationism, and everything in between." When you want to read about different ideologies like distributionism, Joint Stock Republics, and a resource based economy.

Not politics. No character bashing. No 'he said, she said.' Just real debate. Just pure ideology, which is where real change comes from.

Wikipedia of course is an interesting place to learn about this stuff. But I want something a little more solid. Wikipedia just explains things, it doesnt really give analysis of it. You can learn about different healthcare systems. But you dont really get a good grasp of the concepts until you debate someone thats studied it, and its become part of their philosophy on life.

treyfu
08-29-2010, 06:27 PM
This was something that opened my eyes to true laissez faire solutions and the concepts behind thinking about how free market solutions might come about.

http://freekeene.com/files/marketforliberty.pdf

noxagol
08-29-2010, 06:48 PM
www.lewrockwell.com and utilize the search at the bottom. type in whatever topic you wish to find articles, blog posts, and podcasts about.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-29-2010, 07:02 PM
www.mises.org
www.fee.org
www.fff.org

heavenlyboy34
08-29-2010, 07:41 PM
This was something that opened my eyes to true laissez faire solutions and the concepts behind thinking about how free market solutions might come about.

http://freekeene.com/files/marketforliberty.pdf

Excellent book! :D Also, pick a topic you want to know about and then ask your local librarian about it. Librarians are brilliant!

forsmant
08-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Everything I Want to Do Is Illegal, by Joel Salatin. Greatest libertarian book ever written.