sofia
08-29-2010, 05:12 PM
ADL wants Beck to re-write Roman history.....lol

http://www.adl.org/media_watch/tv/20100805-Fox+News+Channel.htm

Mr. Glenn Beck
Fox News Channel

July 27, 2010

Dear Glenn,

Several individuals recently reached out to us expressing their concern about the below comment from your July 13th television program:

"This is kind of complex, because Jesus did identify with the victims. But Jesus wasn't a victim, he was a conqueror. Jesus conquered death. He chose to give his life. Jesus didn't come back from the dead and make the Jews pay for what they did. That would have been an abomination."

I assume it was not your intention to say that the Jews killed Jesus. As you know, the best historical studies show that the Romans put Jesus to death and the Roman Catholic Church and other Christian denominations have reputed this deicide charge. And, as you can appreciate, the deicide charge is one of the oldest pillars of anti-Semitism and has led to tragic consequences for the Jewish people.

I would appreciate hearing from you on this matter, so I can communicate your position to these concerned parties.

Sincerely,

Abraham H. Foxman

National Director

YumYum
08-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Did he reply?

Dr.3D
08-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Somebody had to do it.

It matters little who did it... without that sacrifice, we would all be doomed.

FrankRep
08-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Funny.

Some people claim Glenn Beck is a Pro-Israel Zionist and others claim he's an Anti-Semitic Jew hater.

muzzled dogg
08-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Funny.

Some people claim Glenn Beck is a Pro-Israel Zionist and others claim he's an Anti-Semitic Jew hater.

Lolll

Cowlesy
08-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Funny.

lol he gets the hate from all sides

FrankRep
08-29-2010, 05:27 PM
lol he gets the hate from all sides

http://imgur.com/BH97V.jpg

:)

YumYum
08-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Funny.

Some people claim Glenn Beck is a Pro-Israel Zionist and others claim he's a Antisemetic Jew hater.

I don't think that Beck made his comment as an anti-Semite. According to the gospels, the Jews wanted Jesus crucified. Pilate ordered his execution to appease an unruly crowd. There is nothing incorrect about what Beck said. He didn't say "The Jews executed Jesus".

I am curious, though, how he replied to the ADL.

torchbearer
08-29-2010, 05:29 PM
mr. foxman, it was the jews who handed him over to be murdered. you can say it was the romans who did it, but it was His own sanhedrin that turned him over.
Jew on Jew crime.

Maximus
08-29-2010, 05:32 PM
They should have let this slide... I think this went over most peoples heads, and the way he phrased it doesn't sound like he was stoking anti-semitism... quite the opposite, sounds like he was trying to go out of his way to show that he wasn't, but didn't say it in the best way possible

YumYum
08-29-2010, 05:38 PM
They should have let this slide... I think this went over most peoples heads, and the way he phrased it doesn't sound like he was stoking anti-semitism... quite the opposite, sounds like he was trying to go out of his way to show that he wasn't, but didn't say it in the best way possible

Don't you think that the ADL doesn't know this? What Foxman is doing is testing Beck. Beck has been radically changing his political views lately and the Israel Lobby has to make sure he doesn't "go off the deep end" and turn on Israel.

Beck is growing in popularity and the ADL and AIPAC have to make sure he is under their thumb.

BlackSand
08-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Glenn Beck: pro Israel, anti semite, fascist libertarian.

It all makes perfect sense now.

But I agree with what YumYum said. Its like saying Hitler killed jews. It wasnt exactly Hitler who pressed the button to the gas chambers. But yet he gets the blame. It was his idea, so he gets the blame.

And no. Im not an anti-Semite. I just thought Id go with the most controversial comparison I could come up with.

Edit: Also agree with YumYums post right above this one. I hadnt thought about that.

sofia
08-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Religious doctrine aside, it is a fact that a historical figure named Jesus did exist. A brief Roman account tells of a Jesus who was crucified under local Roman Governor Pontius Pilate.

We also know that the Romans didnt give a shit about the religious affairs of their conquered provinces. As long as they got their taxes, you could worship as you wish.

So, it makes no sense for Rome to crucify Christ - a spiritual leader who did not advocate rebellion aginst Roman rule...but did condemn the high priests and money lenders (think FED)

The plausible scenario is that Pilate needed to pacify the ever rebellious jewish leaders (think AIPAC)...and so....Jesus was killed due to lobbying by the high priests.....just like the Gospel accounts say.

Sorry Abe

marc1888
08-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Funny.

Most evangelical Christians love Israel, but they dont like Jews much. In fact a lot of zionists christians and 'secular jews' dont like Jews much either ;)