PDA

View Full Version : Why Jim Bender?

bwlibertyman
08-29-2010, 09:06 AM
I logged on to rpf today and saw a link to Jim Bender's website. I knew/know nothing about the guy so I decided to see how he is on the issues and found out that I disagree with a lot of what he's saying.

The man is for:
1) a foreign policy that is no different that what we have right now. I supports both the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. He supports funding and the inevitable increase funding of defensive spending. He supports the increased drone attacks that have been happening in Pakistan. I mean is this guy George Bush?

2) ISRAEL. He supports Israel. He has a line saying that Israel has been trying to secure an everlasting peace in the Middle East. Are you kidding me? I guess he means that Israel is trying to secure peace by running peace advocates over with these huge bull dozers or maybe he means securing peace by topping over Palestinian houses.

3) Immigration. He doesn't have any good ideas. He says amnesty is wrong. He says we all have to play by the same rules. I personally think it should be easier to become a citizen. Sometimes you have to weight years or even decades before you can become a citizen. I do think however that it is relatively easy to get a green card and I haven't understood why people don't go that route. Maybe there's a language barrier or something. I don't know. However Jim doesn't give any ideas to improve the situation except for the republican line.

4) DEATH PENALTY. He supports capital punishment. I do not. I think prison and jail is supposed to be a rehabilitation time where people who do wrong things are rehabilitated until they are released. Now it seems that it's just like living on the streets. Different races form different games and it's no different. I like the idea of having work camps or chain gangs. While these people are serving time they should become productive.

These are only some of his issues but I don't see anything that says this is a liberty candidate. He talks about term limits but I don't think thats our mantra. I'm not saying that we should only have the most radical and truly libertarian people run but this guy seems like a neocon. He wants the government out of the way on certain issues. He wants the government to get out of the way so the private sector can create jobs but he wants the government to spend tons of money the military. So again Why Jim Bender?

Bergie Bergeron
08-29-2010, 09:11 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=258426&highlight=jim+bender

Aratus
08-29-2010, 11:12 AM
the race is not simply two-way
it can be 3-way or 4-way a.s.a.p
and may trigger a run-off for the gop

Aratus
08-29-2010, 11:18 AM
the furor of the media ads has spilled over a state line as i type this all.
businessman bill binnie sorta thinks he has the lead in the polls so
if he trumps attorney gen'l ayotte in a big way, he then will
most likely takes on Paul Hodes, the likely Democrat.
jim bender plus another person are on the ballot
as an obvious alternative so as to be a protest
vote at this point. binnie or ayotte is the big Q!
are any and all A.G candidates blocked this year
from achieving higher office? jerry brown is an A.G
and he wants to return to a governor's mansion out west.
ms. ayotte is almost the GOP's answer to blumenthal or jack conway.
will the voters pull on ms. ayotte what our Democrats pulled on ms. martha?
our own A.G was rewarded by our voters for her public service, our voters did not want
her to depart from here onto d.c, they rather liked her for what we was. she lost by a 5% margin!

TCE
08-29-2010, 11:28 AM
It is Ayotte's race to lose. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_New_Hampshire,_20 10

She is up by minimally 9 points in every poll and is likely going to win by much more.