PDA

View Full Version : Blindfold Drive for Ron Paul

justinc.1089
10-16-2007, 11:05 PM
I've been thinking today after I saw a post saying how we need to put our efforts, talents, abilities, and numbers together so that nothing would hold Ron Paul back about the fact that I being an illusionist may be able to help Paul significantly.

The thought had crossed my mind before, but I did not take it seriously thinking politics and illusion don't go together, at least not if you actually say you're using an illusion lol (all the other candidates are master illusionists lol). But then I saw the mention of talent, so I thought maybe I should run the idea by people and let them decide.

So here's the deal. Like I said I'm an illusionist. I work at Conley's House of Magic as a demonstrator, and I know a good bit of magic. It could be used to attract quite a bit of publicity for Paul if done correctly I suppose.

One illusion I could accomplish that would be able to create publicity for Paul is driving blindfolded to a destination that someone merely thought of. Or something else similar to that.

The idea I had is to do like a live webcast or something, and promote it ahead of time like the way people are starting to promote the Nov.5th idea, and get so many people to pledge to donate so much if I succeed in accomplishing a certain illusion.

Personally I don't consider being an illusionist something helpful to Paul's campaign, but maybe I'm wrong. So thats why I made this post, to let everyone know my illusions are open to help Paul if there's a way illusions could help him.

Bradley in DC
10-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't think I like the words "blindfold" "drive" and "Ron Paul" together.....

justinc.1089
10-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Its an illusion.... as in not real, meaning there's no danger. And do you think I would attempt an illusion publicly without practicing it or being sure that I could do it? I wouldn't want to waste people's efforts or embarrass myself and look like an idiot you know lol....

As far as the legalities go I could figure that out. It could be done on private property or something like that. The main thing is not what illusion but would an illusion help Ron Paul somehow like for publicity and pledges and that type of thing. There are other things I could do, its just that driving blindfolded was the first thing that came to my mind.

Another one coming to my mind is vanishing, producing, or transforming a vehicle or something real big like that. I think I could pull that off too, although I've never tried that one before to be honest.

hard@work
10-16-2007, 11:24 PM
I don't think I like the words "blindfold" "drive" and "Ron Paul" together.....

:D

that's what I was thinking ...

justinc.1089
10-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Ok, and I just said that first of all its an illusion, meaning there is no danger, I promise, and secondly it doesn't have to be that illusion.

You have to admit just the name of this thread peeked your curiosity, that always happens with illusions. So is using an illusion promoted ahead of time with people pledging to donate so much if I could actually do it a good idea or not?

There are plenty of other things I could do aside from driving blindfolded..

Here is a link to a poor quality video of illusionist Criss Angel doing this same illusion so that if you have not seen this you can get an idea of what I'm talking about, but know that the wreckless driving is not real and that he is faking it for drama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb7RqiTOFwU

And here is a link of illusionist Keith Barry doing this illusion, where you can see you do have complete control during this illusion because he drives just fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wE5J9ZFYNU

Keep in mind though another good illusion that would be an option would be vanishing a big vehicle. I'm very sure I could pull that off, and it could create a lot of publicity as far as being promoted to try to get people to donate to Ron Paul through pledging to donate if I accomplish the illusion successfully. It would be basically the same effect as this, but with a vehicle instead of an elephant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBTZwqFZx4k

Razmear
10-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Can you make Guliani, Hillary and Romney disappear? :D

justinc.1089
10-16-2007, 11:48 PM
If they agreed to it.....

hehe;)

empirenine
10-17-2007, 01:14 AM
Make it a blindfolded drive to your local post office, where you re-register as a Republican so you can vote for him in the primaries.

Don't let the naysayers get you down. Unless you're a troll and plan to run over people in the name of Ron Paul, this would gather attention.