PDA

View Full Version : Arson at TN mosque construction site!

Matt Collins
08-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Apparently someone set fire to the mosque construction site here in TN yesterday:

http://www.dnj.com/article/20100828/NEWS01/100828009/UPDATED-Arson-at-future-Islamic-Center-site-takes-it-to-a-whole-new-level-

Here is the backstory:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=246985&highlight=mosque

Stary Hickory
08-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah because that makes sense. Burning down a mosque is not helping anyone. It's a crime.

Vessol
08-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Some of these people really are hankering for a religious war, eh?

silentshout
08-28-2010, 06:32 PM
wtf.
sorry, I don't have any thing else to say :(

YumYum
08-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Some of these people really are hankering for a religious war, eh?

I have met the neocons from Murfreesboro. The neocons there think that we are still fighting "The War Between The States". They thought Burt Reynolds was a Communist spy in the movie thriller "Deliverance". They put together a musical scholarship fund in remembrance of that kid that played banjo in the movie.

Vessol
08-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I'd be more comfortable if people thought we were still fighting the War of Northern Aggression, than if people thought we were fighting the 10th Crusade.

JacksonianBME
08-28-2010, 07:33 PM
I live near the Davidson County - Williamson County line and have never been to Murfreesboro. Looks like I have another reason not to go.

BlackTerrel
08-28-2010, 08:16 PM
While this is shameful behavior keep in mind that these instances are very rare. There are more hate crimes against Christians than Muslims in the US. Just because the media hyped up the recent attack against the cabbie doesn't make these incidents widespread.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/data/table_01.html

This is from 2008. The last year data is available. Hate crimes against:

Black 2,876
Jew 1013
White 716
Muslim 105
Catholic 75
Protestant 56

If you add up Protestant and Catholic there are more bias crimes against Christians than Muslims. And clearly there are WAY more bias crimes against Jews, whites, and blacks than Muslims.

So for all the threads on RPF about how Islamophobic the US is let's keep things in perspective.

dannno
08-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Fucking terrorists.

dannno
08-28-2010, 08:28 PM
There are more hate crimes against Christians than Muslims in the US.

That's because there are more Christians in the US!!!!!

There are more hate crimes against Muslims around the world, but that is merely incidental, they live on our oil..

Vessol
08-28-2010, 08:30 PM
While this is shameful behavior keep in mind that these instances are very rare. There are more hate crimes against Christians than Muslims in the US. Just because the media hyped up the recent attack against the cabbie doesn't make these incidents widespread.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/data/table_01.html

This is from 2008. The last year data is available. Hate crimes against:

Black 2,876
Jew 1013
White 716
Muslim 105
Catholic 75
Protestant 56

If you add up Protestant and Catholic there are more bias crimes against Christians than Muslims. And clearly there are WAY more bias crimes against Jews, whites, and blacks than Muslims.

So for all the threads on RPF about how Islamophobic the US is let's keep things in perspective.

Remember too that the majority of Americans are also Christians, when you have such a large group, the number of hate crimes is bound to increase proportionally.

Also I imagine that a lot of the crimes committed against Catholics especially are from Protestants. And vice verse in some degree.

BlackTerrel
08-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Remember too that the majority of Americans are also Christians, when you have such a large group, the number of hate crimes is bound to increase proportionally.

Also I imagine that a lot of the crimes committed against Catholics especially are from Protestants. And vice verse in some degree.

Why then are there four times as many hate crimes against blacks as whites?

And ten times as many hate crimes against Jews as Muslims?

And 13 times as many hate crimes against gays as Muslims?

The idea that there is this huge movement of Islamophobia in the US is a misrepresentation of the facts. The polls on peoples views on Muslims are troubling. But very few are actually taking it to violence. That is a good thing.

QueenB4Liberty
08-28-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm just wondering how you know it's a hate crime when you're Catholic or Protestant.

QueenB4Liberty
08-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Why then are there four times as many hate crimes against blacks as whites?

And ten times as many hate crimes against Jews as Muslims?

And 13 times as many hate crimes against gays as Muslims?

The idea that there is this huge movement of Islamophobia in the US is a misrepresentation of the facts. The polls on peoples views on Muslims are troubling. But very few are actually taking it to violence. That is a good thing.

Just because people aren't getting violent doesn't mean this country isn't Islamophobic, at least a large portion of people seem to be.

Fozz
08-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Congrats to Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer!!!

Matt Collins
08-29-2010, 01:29 AM
I have met the neocons from Murfreesboro. The neocons there think that we are still fighting "The War Between The States". Not quite. :rolleyes:

But there are more social cons there than anything else.

I live near the Davidson County - Williamson County line and have never been to Murfreesboro. Looks like I have another reason not to go.Really? Have we met in person? :confused:

YumYum
08-29-2010, 02:46 AM
Not quite. :rolleyes:

But there are more social cons there than anything else.

Oh, you mean Repubgelicans. That's a neocon who is saved.

YumYum
08-29-2010, 02:49 AM
Just because people aren't getting violent doesn't mean this country isn't Islamophobic, at least a large portion of people seem to be.

Good point. A person doesn't have to be violent to be called a racist. Just use the "N" word and watch Al Sharpton show up.

Minuteman2012
08-29-2010, 03:11 AM
Good point. A person doesn't have to be violent to be called a racist. Just use the "N" word and watch Al Sharpton show up.

There is way more prejudice against muslims than blacks, they are no doubt the most disliked and persecuted minority in America. Most Americans may throw around the N word now and again, but that is part of American vernacular, and blacks are integrated into the popular culture. Most whites idolize black athletes and musicians while that same media churns out the garbage we here everyday against Muslims.

JacksonianBME
08-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Really? Have we met in person? :confused:[/QUOTE]

No.

Monarchist
08-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Inside job.

BlackTerrel
08-29-2010, 04:22 PM
There is way more prejudice against muslims than blacks, they are no doubt the most disliked and persecuted minority in America. Most Americans may throw around the N word now and again, but that is part of American vernacular, and blacks are integrated into the popular culture. Most whites idolize black athletes and musicians while that same media churns out the garbage we here everyday against Muslims.

Again. Hate crimes against:

Black 2,876
Jew 1013
White 716
Muslim 105
Catholic 75
Protestant 56

While you are probably right. This Mosque arson is a very infrequent occurrence. Let's keep things in perspective.

2young2vote
08-29-2010, 04:40 PM
And this is why i think it would be a better idea if the people in NYC just let go and built the mosque in another place. I personally don't care if they do it or not, but they need to be aware that they are surrounded by millions of people who don't like what they are doing.

Matt Collins
08-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Shots fired at TN mosque construction site:
http://www.dnj.com/article/20100830/NEWS01/8300304/Shots+report+checked+at+site

oyarde
08-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Inside job.

Could just be some kids . One county over from me , earlier this month , bunch of 19 year olds burnt down a small, historic church . My first thought when I saw it in the paper was " who would burn down a church ? ".

heavenlyboy34
08-30-2010, 07:49 PM
And this is why i think it would be a better idea if the people in NYC just let go and built the mosque in another place. I personally don't care if they do it or not, but they need to be aware that they are surrounded by millions of people who don't like what they are doing.

So am I (a Voluntaryist in an uber-red State), but I don't let others intimidate me into moving. Why begin compromising property rights principles just because it's unpopular? (as middle-Americans would say, "don't give in to the bully" or something like that) I thought you were a "Constitutionalist"? :confused:

Matt Collins
05-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Looks like a judge just halted construction of the mosque half-way through it:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/18646518/construction-of-murfreesboro-mosque-must-stop-says-judge#.T8UQkgHEpEU.facebook

fletcher
05-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Not this shit again. Are you really going to dig up every two year old article on this topic to post this link?

Matt Collins
05-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Not this shit again. Are you really going to dig up every two year old article on this topic to post this link?If it's relevant, yes.