PDA

View Full Version : Frontline on PBS - "Cheney's Law"

rajibo
10-16-2007, 11:05 PM
:mad:

For three decades Vice President Dick Cheney conducted a secretive, behind-closed-doors campaign to give the president virtually unlimited wartime power. Finally, in the aftermath of 9/11, the Justice Department and the White House made a number of controversial legal decisions. Orchestrated by Cheney and his lawyer David Addington, the department interpreted executive power in an expansive and extraordinary way, granting President George W. Bush the power to detain, interrogate, torture, wiretap and spy -- without congressional approval or judicial review.

Frontline - Cheney's Law (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/cheney/?campaign=pbshomefeatures_1_frontlinebrcheneyslaw_ 2007-10-16)

saku39
10-17-2007, 01:06 AM
Depressing. I really hate Cheney. This does not help my already low opinion of him.

devil21
10-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Did anyone watch that?

BuddyRey
10-17-2007, 02:04 AM
Saw it with my dad last night, and we both spent the entire time cursing at and flipping off the TV.

I love how PBS puts all the goodies on their website and lets people watch them in full! :D

richard1984
10-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Why's it usually the good guys that get assassinated? Why can't the bad guys get assassinated a little more often?

You know...just wondering.... :rolleyes:

Malakai0
10-17-2007, 02:41 AM
Must see. I had heard bits and pieces of people resigning and such but never knew the whole picture.
We must note the 'conspiracy theorists', who have been saying Cheney is running the show for years, were right again.

DocGrimes
10-17-2007, 08:42 AM
I caught it last night and it was an interesting watch.

Definitely showed Cheney in a not so good (thus at least partially honest) light.

Sadly, even as damning as that show was... just imaging what they didn't/couldn't show. :(

kylejack
10-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Watched it last night. It was fantastic. And frightening.

entropy
10-17-2007, 10:47 AM
A must see for every American.

devil21
10-19-2007, 09:30 PM
This makes Romney's "I will consult my attorneys" comment that much scarier.

RP4ME
10-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Must see. I had heard bits and pieces of people resigning and such but never knew the whole picture.
We must note the 'conspiracy theorists', who have been saying Cheney is running the show for years, were right again.

HAvent seen it but did they examine teh WHY behind the resignations?

devil21
10-19-2007, 10:17 PM
HAvent seen it but did they examine teh WHY behind the resignations?

Oh yeah they did. Its only about 35 minutes worth of video so take a look. It pretty much exposes that the lawyers in the White House and DOJ are actually running things.

freelance
10-20-2007, 05:33 AM

Why, thank you. ;)

It pretty much exposes that the lawyers in the White House and DOJ are actually running things.

At number two's direction!

AlexAmore
10-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Why's it usually the good guys that get assassinated? Why can't the bad guys get assassinated a little more often?

You know...just wondering.... :rolleyes:

Oh come on, you're acting like a liberal Democrat. Be a conservative/libertarian and take responsibility! :)