PDA

View Full Version : "Keep America Safe" Warhawk Scorecard (Cheney/Kristol venture)

amy31416
08-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Makes it even easier to find the scumbag warmongers:

http://www.keepamericasafe.com/?page_id=5827/

Those who score an "A" are likely the worst offenders in our foreign policy...thanks Liz & Bill! If you like details, there's an excel spreadsheet on the site that breaks down the ranking by vote on specific bills of interest.

Keep America Safe's comprehensive national security scorecard gives a letter grade to every member of Congress based on their voting record on a wide range of national security issues dating back to 2001. The Scorecard is an educational tool meant to enhance dialogue between American citizens and their elected representatives. We encourage the public to examine its contents and share its information with friends and family.

Key:
A (Outstanding) - 100-80%
B (Passing) - 79-60%
C (Needs Improvement) - 59-40%
F (Failing) - 39-0%

Here's a few notables who've scored an "A"

Michelle Bachmann
Roy Blunt
John Boccieri
John Boehner
Mary Bono Mack
Paul Broun
Eric Cantor
Charlie Dent
Jeff Flake
Duncan Hunter
Joe Wilson
Sam Brownback
Jim Bunning
Tom Coburn
John Cornyn
Jim DeMint
John Ensign
Lindsey Graham
Chuck Grassley
Orrin Hatch
Kay Bailey Hutchison
James Inhofe
John McCain
Mitch McConnell
Jeff Sessions
Olympia Snowe
John Thune

Here's some notable folks who scored an "F"

Max Baucus
Chris Dodd (ecch)
Richard Durbin
Russ Feingold
Dianne Feinstein
Al Franken
Kirsten Gillibrand
Amy Klobuchar
Harry Reid
John Rockefeller
Bernie Sanders
Chuck Schumer
Gary Ackerman
John Conyers
Keith Ellison
Barney Frank
Alan Grayson
Jane Harman (!!!!!!!!!!)
Steny Hoyer
Jesse Jackson, Jr
Shelia Jackson Lee
Marcy Kaptur
Dennis Kucinich
Barbara Lee
Jerrold Nadler
David Obey
Ron Paul
Nancy Pelosi
Charlie Rangel
Joe Sestak
Bart Stupak
Maxine Waters
Henry Waxman
Anthony Weiner

(Not a comprehensive list, go to website if you're interested.)

OBVIOUSLY, this is not a good way to entirely evaluate a congressperson, but it is a good tool in determining who leans neoconservative/warmongering, regardless of party. The excel spreadsheets on the site are also a great reference to see how someone voted on a specific bill (just click on "download details for house/senate rankings" and you can see how they voted on some of the most important bills in regards to foreign policy.

malkusm
08-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Jim DeMint scored an A? Hmm....

djdellisanti4
08-28-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm actually suprised to see that Nancy has an "F"

amy31416
08-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Jim DeMint scored an A? Hmm....

Yeah...I'm a bit perplexed by some of the ratings myself--I'm going to analyze the spreadsheets a bit further because some of these results just don't make sense yet, given what I know.

Agorism
08-28-2010, 09:23 AM
F is probably a pretty big category.

erowe1
08-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Looking through the votes, I see that while he was in Congress (through 2006), Butch Otter is the one who joined Ron Paul in voting against KAS the most. He's been governor of Idaho since then, where I know his record had not been as libertarian as it was when he was in the House. But I have to admit, I've been impressed by him before, and looking over these votes, I'm impressed again.

Here's an old article about him in Reason:
http://reason.com/archives/2006/10/31/butch-otter-rides-again

If RP gets some big name endorsements in 2012, like his son and perhaps some of the other more constitutionalist rookies getting elected to the House and Senate this year, then maybe there will be some fence sitters who didn't want to stick there necks out and endorse him in 2008 who will go ahead and do it when they see some others doing it in 2012. Hopefully RP or supporters of his who might be close to Otter can talk him into being one of those.

Edit: Looks like the Paul camp has already reached out to Otter, asking him to introduce RP at a CFL event in Idaho this year and was not successful. I hope the door isn't completely closed to getting Otter to ally himself to RP more publicly. We need to build as many bridges as we can to the Republicans who are closest to us.
http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2010/03/10/idahopolitics/otter_not_opening_ron_paul

YumYum
08-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Ron Paul is the only Republican that got an "F". The Republican Party is the "False Prophet" spoken of in the Bible.

"F" is for "Freedom"

Monarchist
08-28-2010, 09:24 AM

Partisan BS.

amy31416
08-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Ron Paul is the only Republican that got an "F".

True.

This is a pretty hardcore neocon organization though, so there will be that bias. And like I said, this is only one potential tool to evaluate a politician.