PDA

View Full Version : Constitution Day event -- Outreach into Roanoke Rapids largest voting block

GunnyFreedom
08-28-2010, 04:21 AM
front:

http://i34.tinypic.com/8xt3if.jpg

back:

http://i38.tinypic.com/6z5zza.jpg

The idea is to have me do a 15 minute presentation, then K Daniels do 20, then k Jackson do 30, then we have a moderated discussion, and then a Q&A session with the audience. I close with 5 to 7 minutes. All in all about a hair over 3 hours.

Record all on video and explode the tubes.

GunnyFreedom
08-28-2010, 04:39 AM
The position I will be articulating is:

We can all be free and prosperous if we turn it into a civic duty to merely:

1) study and learn the Constitution
2) fire any elected official who disrespects it

that's it. do that for a generation, and we'll be free and prosperous.

The basis is here in my rough draft:

A public discourse on conservative outreach to the black community

I seek to form a panel, and over three hours and following the headline presentation, have a moderated discussion and then open it to the audience.

I will present for 15 minutes, then Mr. Kevin Daniels will present for 20, and then Mr. Kevin Jackson will present for 30. This will follow with a 45 minute moderated panel to exchange ideas on why the black community should consider voting conservative and Constitutionalist, followed by 45 minutes of town hall, with people lining up on microphones.

I would like to take high definition video and audio of the event, and chop it into it's parts and blow up uTube with them.

Setup: like a TV Show on a stage

6:00 Glen Bradley, Introduction 6:02
6:02 Glen Bradley, Presentation 6:17

6:18 Kevin Daniels, Introduction 6:20
6:20 Kevin Daniels, Presentation 6:50

6:52 Kevin Jackson, Introduction 6:55
6:55 Kevin Jackson, Presentation 7:25

7:30 Moderated Discussion - xxxxxxx 8:15

8:20 Moderated Audience Discussion - Glen Bradley, moderating 9:05
Audience spokesman/moderator* - xxxxxx moderating?

* You move throughout the audience and discuss with people their reactions from 6:00 through 8:20, whereupon you become a spokesman for the assembled people, and help direct people to speak their peace at microphones.

Camera/Production: xxxxxxx?

Sound: xxxxxx?

---

A Constitutional government will relive the burdens of the state from the backs of the people, which is now (and has been) keeping all people down except a few, through monetary inflation. We are stuck, under a wage, under a mortgage or a rent. If we are poor we may get under a handout, but then every step back out puts on a heavier burden.

Welfare has become a trap, absorbing up the peoples who used to power our industries. They really had nowhere to go -- because our industries have fled overseas, due to oppressive regulation.

Restoring the Constitution will lift the burdens of government off the people and allow industry and invention and entrepreneurship to develop on the grassroots level, keep their money, expand their operations and hire new people to help them. The way an economy is supposed to grow.

Today, police are busting children in the street selling lemonade, and charging them $250 fines and court appearances. That's not a joke.

But if we couldn't laugh, we'd have to cry. A few tall bankers are squeezing us dry through inflation, all the while stacking their gold onto capitol hill, who in turn is dumping it overseas into debt and war.

And you and I cannot just "set up shop" and go on selling our skills on the open market for without a million permissions your majesty, and a penalty on every pardon.

This is what the Ninth and the Tenth Amendments were written to stop.

By slaying the regulatory beast and restoring liberty to Americans, industry will return to America, jobs will return permanently to North Carolina, and prosperity will increase across the board.

Please help me to create a Carolina Free State right here where we live. With education and a careful transition to Constitutional government, nobody need get left behind.

It starts right here, in Halifax County where it all started on April 12, 1776. It starts right now, with everybody telling everybody that we have a plan to restore the Constitution.

It may take 6 years, or even 10. Maybe 20 years, but we must teach the Constitution in schools, and we must fire any politician who disrespects it.

If we as a people can make this our one civic duty: "learn the Constitution, and fire any politician who breeches it." then we will transform our nation within a generation, and that transformation, will be persistent.

Help me explain this to the gathered communities of Roanoke Rapids and Halifax County. Help me to attract the black community into a solid and reliable Constitutionalist block, and allow us together to lead the way into liberty as the agents radical change -- the restoration of the promise of America.

The black community is one of the strongest voting blocks in America today, and they stand to see the most benefit from a return to strict Constitutional boundaries, both short term and long. The secret is for the people to learn the Constitution and veto any violations of it. If we did so reliably, then we would have a good government, free and prosperous people, and remain safe from foreign hostility.

The only way to spread freedom through the world is by example, and we are setting a pretty poor example. It's time to change that.

---

jacque
08-28-2010, 04:55 AM
That might be a bit long.

GunnyFreedom
08-28-2010, 05:15 AM
That might be a bit long.

from 6PM to 9:05PM

teacherone
08-28-2010, 05:25 AM
text is a little vague-- not targeted enough at the black community.

important issues to cover would be -- racism, racial profiling, police brutality, welfare, unemployment, poor schools in poor areas, violent crime, gangs etc.

you can break these topics down and explain how in a freer society, one envisioned by the founders these problems would all be mitigated.

target it like you did with the CPAs and it could be a huge success.

GunnyFreedom
08-28-2010, 05:40 AM
text is a little vague-- not targeted enough at the black community.

important issues to cover would be -- racism, racial profiling, police brutality, welfare, unemployment, poor schools in poor areas, violent crime, gangs etc.

you can break these topics down and explain how in a freer society, one envisioned by the founders these problems would all be mitigated.

target it like you did with the CPAs and it could be a huge success.

Yeah, the text is a super-rough draft. Really just stream of consciousness dump on the points I want to cover. It's intended less to be a speech and more as an e-mail to initiate a three-way conversation between KD, KJ, and myself, this weekend. My plan is to have a couple weeks of discussion on this between the three of us, and then write my speech for the 15 minute presentation from what came out of that discussion.

That way, the three of us are in synch on the 17th. :D

jacque
08-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Still having issues with getting the venue. I did call the school this morning and the woman was busy. I am getting concerned.:(