PDA

View Full Version : Major Coup -- Kevin Jackson to Headline Glen Bradley event

GunnyFreedom
08-27-2010, 02:54 PM
On September 17th, 2010 -- Constitution Day, in Roanoke Rapids Halifax County NC, the Glen Bradley campaign has secured Kevin Jackson -- one of the leading black conservative voices in America to headline an event at the Halifax County Community College Auditorium from 6PM to 9PM. Save the date and spread far and wide!

Bergie Bergeron
08-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Pledge for the moneybomb happening on the same day !

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=258580

jacque
08-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Constitution Day is BIG all the way around!
Freedom Mom

Kotin
08-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Awesome!

GunnyFreedom
08-27-2010, 05:50 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/politics/2010/08/04/bts.tea.party.racism.cnn

GunnyFreedom
08-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Jacque has worked herself near to death to arrange it, but we have a second major speaker, Kevin Daniels, President of the NC Frederick Douglass Foundation.

this event will be HUGE. We are expecting around 1000 or more people to show up at the auditorium, I will be introducing Kevin Daniels and then I will introduce Kevin Jackson. Halifax County, and especially Roanoke Rapids, is dominated by an African American population, and I believe that this is a great opportunity to introduce the community to the ideals of smaller, less intrusive government.

Thanks to the valiant efforts of Jacque, this event will be a major success! Now we need to promote it....HEAVILY!

Aratus
08-28-2010, 10:03 AM
WAY To GO, GUNNY! GOOD LUCK!!!

erowe1
08-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Great news! Thanks for sharing this.

GunnyFreedom
08-29-2010, 07:35 AM
here is where I'm at. it will take a few volunteers, and I still need to get agreement from all parties on format etc. I think it's big, and I think it can change the dynamic of my district forever towards my successor mayhaps I go to Congress.

Bridging The Gap:

Contitutionalism will transform America forever.

Promote two civic duties:
1) learn and understand the Constitution
2) our most important vote is to fire anyone who disrespects it.

Freedom is the health and wealth of America. America has lost it's way. The black community, with your strong and faithful voting block, can lead the way back to freedom in the 21st century. The way to 'fix' America and make it work, is to make an American's primary civic duties to: 1) learn and understand the Constitution, and 2) fire anyone who disrespects it. Frederick Douglass tried to tell us that.

Emancipation 2.0 - this time it's everyone.

5:30 - 6:00 setup

Gaffers etc:

Podium
projector/screen
table with 4 chairs back of screen or curtain

Sound:
Mic at podium and PA
Video:
Set up for recording, positions.

Staff:
Set up place/booth for Mr Jackson
Set up place/booth for Mr Daniels

Campaign:
Constitutions booth
Glen Bradley booth
State Legislative Update booth

presenting:

6PM - 6:17 Glen Bradley at podium
6:18- 6:50 Kevin Daniels at podium
6:52- 7:25 Kevin Jackson at podium

7:30 - 8:15 Moderated Panel with Halifax Black Caucus, participating
8:20 - 9:00 Moderated Audience panel with NAACP, participating

9:00 - 9:10 Thank you and good night! - Glen Bradley

9:30 shutdown

-----

Gaffers:
at 7:25, take away podium and reveal table and chairs - discussion panel
at 8:15, close curtain behind three podiums - audience panel
at 9:00, pull outer podiums
at 9:10 takedown

Need: 2-4 gaffers, curtains
A/V withheld + ? withheld +

amy31416
08-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Fantastic! :)

jacque
08-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Glen will be working with all participants to make this happen. I will be working on the $$ downpayment and "very" light refreshments for the evening. This is dinner time for many so we have to keep them confortable for the 3 1/2 hours.

Aratus
08-29-2010, 11:21 AM
On September 17th, 2010 -- Constitution Day, in Roanoke Rapids Halifax County NC, the Glen Bradley campaign has secured Kevin Jackson -- one of the leading black conservative voices in America to headline an event at the Halifax County Community College Auditorium from 6PM to 9PM. Save the date and spread far and wide!

WAY TO GO, GUNNYFREEDOM!!! coooooooooooooooool!

Aratus
08-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Pledge for the moneybomb happening on the same day !

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=258580

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/politics/2010/08/04/bts.tea.party.racism.cnn

Jacque has worked herself near to death to arrange it, but we have a second major speaker, Kevin Daniels, President of the NC Frederick Douglass Foundation.

this event will be HUGE. We are expecting around 1000 or more people to show up at the auditorium, I will be introducing Kevin Daniels and then I will introduce Kevin Jackson. Halifax County, and especially Roanoke Rapids, is dominated by an African American population, and I believe that this is a great opportunity to introduce the community to the ideals of smaller, less intrusive government.

Thanks to the valiant efforts of Jacque, this event will be a major success! Now we need to promote it....HEAVILY!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bergie Bergeron
08-29-2010, 11:41 AM
First time I understand what Aratus is saying !! (http://lutte.fnnation.com)!!

GunnyFreedom
08-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Kevin Daniels has just agreed to the format. :)

This is going to be huge -- I would never in my life have imagined attempting to specifically target the black community, but the more I think about it, the better this is.

First, the black community's biggest complaint re: 'conservatives' is that conservatives do not address them. Word on the street will be that Constitutionalists, do.

Second, this will not be a softball event, it is specifically organized such that the audience will have real participation on raising the issues important to them.

Third, this year in particular there is no concern about whether Republicans and Conservatives will vote, or who they will vote for. This presents an opportunity to change the long-term dynamic in this district to favor Constitutionalists.

Fourth, the Democrat John May is hardly campaigning at all. Rumor has it he doesn't even want the job (perhaps because he agrees with me that restoring the Constitution is the way back to health and wealth for our State and Nation), and that means there will be no time/effort penalty for addressing a specific minority -- the black community.

Working in tandem with the Frederick Douglass Society here is huge. Frederick Douglass was akin to the Robert A Taft of the black community, a true Constitutionalist, and right down the line on the Ron Paul platform.

Just imagine if we can convince the black community to transform from a reliable Democrat block into a reliable Constitutionalist block. That could change...well...EVERYTHING, and in short order.

And this second revolution would be starting in the same place as the first -- Halifax County, NC.

I'm actually getting very excited at the opportunity here...

KCIndy
08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
This is absolutely spectacular news!

What sort of means or avenues have you been exploring to get the word out to the local community, both black and white? Any way you can get word to civic groups that might be interested in passing the word along? Churches?

At the very minimum, some event posters could be put up in supermarkets, restaurants, and any other places that have bulletin boards.

I suppose radio ads would be prohibitive... :(

GunnyFreedom
08-30-2010, 12:01 PM
This is absolutely spectacular news!

What sort of means or avenues have you been exploring to get the word out to the local community, both black and white? Any way you can get word to civic groups that might be interested in passing the word along? Churches?

At the very minimum, some event posters could be put up in supermarkets, restaurants, and any other places that have bulletin boards.

I suppose radio ads would be prohibitive... :(

Well, I have a little bit of an "in" with both the Halifax County Black Caucus (I'm actually a member of that one) as well as the Halifax County NAACP. Once Kevin Jackson agrees to the format, I'll be asking the President of the HCBC to moderate/participate in the speakers panel, and asking the President of the HC NAACP to participate int he audience panel.

Beyond that, Kevin Jackson has his own billboards plan, and I am incorporating advertising into the canvass and the phonebank.

(homemade) Signs will probably help, and I really only have 2 areas I will want to target heavily -- Roanoke Rapids and Louisburg.

Given that there are only 2 primary targets, a direct mail campaign is not out of the question. If we can really get the word out through just Louisburg and Roanoke Rapids, not only will we hit the heaviest areas, but word will spread like wildfire.

Radio would be inefficient, as there are only 2 cities that we need to target heavily. Beyond that, and drawing on non-black constituents, all I can say is to include the handbill for the event in my canvassing, and ask the three GOP's (Franklin, Nash, and Halifax) to promote the event as much as they can.

GunnyFreedom
08-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Kevin Jackson has now also approved the format, so we are a GO!

I will now go about securing the participation of the HCBC and the NAACP, and rounding up 15-20 volunteers for the event.

There is a slight hitch in the location -- they will be charging us for the facility, but are seeking to enforce a "no collection of donations" rule unless we are a certified not-for-profit org. The plan was to defray the cost of the location by offering free admittance, but suggest a $5 donation for the cost of the facility. It would be Ok for us to charge $10 or $5 admission, but free admission with a requested donation is a no-no, apparently. So we are negotiating with them now, plus looking at 2-3 alternative locations.

The final hurdle is promotions. I have a quarter page handbill ready to hand out, but need to get the final word on the location (tomorrow) before distributing them. We are aiming at an audience between 1000 and 1200 in attendance.

JUST IN -- another location has came up, seats 1300, and they are OK with the idea of 'free admission with a requested donation to defer costs.' So it will probably be at ... William Davies Middle School ?

MozoVote
08-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Maybe your opponent isn't campaigning hard because there are internal Dem polls already indicating control of the NC house is in jeapardy. Few people want to begin their first term, and polical career, in the minority party.

GunnyFreedom
08-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Maybe your opponent isn't campaigning hard because there are internal Dem polls already indicating control of the NC house is in jeapardy. Few people want to begin their first term, and polical career, in the minority party.

Truth be told, it is going to be incredibly tight. Whether or not the GOP controls the House, could well come down to my one lonely little district. Ordinarily, I should think this would have the opposite effect on my opponent.

This will certainly not be the beginning of his political career. He has served in offices elected or appointed for some 20 years now.

erowe1
08-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Truth be told, it is going to be incredibly tight. Whether or not the GOP controls the House, could well come down to my one lonely little district.

I would expect that to give your own party some serious incentive to help you out more than they seem to be doing, especially when it's clear that you're fighting to win it. All the county parties in your district should be making a point to help recruit volunteers for you and to help with fund raising and publicizing events like this. And the state party should probably be helping too. Are they doing much for you? And if not, do you think that can be fixed?

Paulitical Correctness
08-30-2010, 06:39 PM
See guys, Glen is the real deal.

:)

GunnyFreedom
08-30-2010, 06:43 PM
I would expect that to give your own party some serious incentive to help you out more than they seem to be doing, especially when it's clear that you're fighting to win it. All the county parties in your district should be making a point to help recruit volunteers for you and to help with fund raising and publicizing events like this. And the state party should probably be helping too. Are they doing much for you? And if not, do you think that can be fixed?

No, the state party's definition of "in it to win it" is all about how much money the candidate raises. Had I raised $50k by now, I'd be getting help from the State party in spades. As to the county parties, they just don't have very much in the way of funds, and I'll expect to lean on them pretty heavily to help bring people to this event. You see, people are giving to the State GOP like never before, and that money only goes out to the top 10 fundraisers in the State, plus salaries for several new staffers. (let's not get started on that tangent).

My County party has stated that they will be helping me as much as they can, but I am vice chair for my county so I know what the balance sheet looks like. The small amount with which they could help will not be limited by desire, but by the funds available.

Oddly enough I am very glad that the State party will be ignoring my race, it will totally disarm them when they come to call favors. :D (not that I would submit to such nonsense in the first place, but it does remove a weapon from their arsenal)

erowe1
08-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Oddly enough I am very glad that the State party will be ignoring my race, it will totally disarm them when they come to call favors. :D (not that I would submit to such nonsense in the first place, but it does remove a weapon from their arsenal)

I really like that mindset. The you-scratch-my-back-I-scratch-yours thing is a huge factor in our state GOP too, and I'm sure it's endemic to all politics. I see it affect the people I consider the best ones I know of in the party.

MozoVote
08-30-2010, 06:55 PM
There are many unusual features of Glen's situation, and his district. I suspect the whole reason his district has one "arm" stretching up to Roanoke Rapids, was gerrymandering by the Dem legislature to add more minority voting into it, and make it "unappetizing" for a GOP challenger to even attempt campaigning.

GunnyFreedom
08-30-2010, 06:57 PM
See guys, Glen is the real deal.

:)

thank you sir!

I really like that mindset. The you-scratch-my-back-I-scratch-yours thing is a huge factor in our state GOP too, and I'm sure it's endemic to all politics. I see it affect the people I consider the best ones I know of in the party.

Well, the only back I will be scratching, is the Constitution. ;) State and Federal. For all I know that may cut me down to a single term, or it may deliver me into a long career -- but I expect to literally model myself heavily after Dr Paul, and seek his advice on several occasions. If he can stay in office being a strong purveyor of the Constitution, then it's worth a shot in any case -- and if I can't keep the office as a strict Constitutionalist, then I'd rather be unemployed anyway. :D

My entire campaign theme is "Restore the Constitution" and it sure seems to have some traction. I'm just waiting for the House leadership to pull me into some back room and explain 'this is how things are done here, son' whereupon I will have a most excellent opportunity at schooling my peers in "how the people's business is handled." :D :D :D

GunnyFreedom
08-30-2010, 07:10 PM
There are many unusual features of Glen's situation, and his district. I suspect the whole reason his district has one "arm" stretching up to Roanoke Rapids, was gerrymandering by the Dem legislature to add more minority voting into it, and make it "unappetizing" for a GOP challenger to even attempt campaigning.

This is true, and it was done on the unstated assumption that the black community will continue forever to vote for Democrats without question. I think that is a false assumption. The only drawback to all of this is that if we bring the voting districts into alignment with State law, then I will probably lose Halifax County from my district. They deserve dedicated representation in any case, but the bonus is that if we have an impact, and we do redistrict Roanoke Rapids into another district, then we will have not one, but TWO legislative districts that have moved in a Constitutionalist direction.

Frederick Douglass, I believe, would be proud. :cool:

jacque
08-30-2010, 08:13 PM
As it should be. What else does "We the People" mean? :confused:

jacque
08-30-2010, 08:14 PM
My entire campaign theme is "Restore the Constitution" and it sure seems to have some traction. I'm just waiting for the House leadership to pull me into some back room and explain 'this is how things are done here, son' whereupon I will have a most excellent opportunity at schooling my peers in "how the people's business is handled." :D :D :D[/QUOTE]

Of course. What else does "We the People" mean"

Jordan
09-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Glen,

I'm sure you already have a marketing strategy detailed for this event that includes a press release etc.

You should also contact the community college and get contact information for the professors who teach anything from Business Law to intro PoliSci classes. That could help turnout and increase awareness of your campaign among faculty/students at the school.