PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice a lack of Town Hall Meetings this year?

Matt Collins
08-27-2010, 02:49 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41490.html

libertybrewcity
08-27-2010, 03:44 PM
I just think that the reps aren't holding town halls. There was some "rage" at the Pete Stark town hall a few weeks ago.

The reps wouldn't dare hold meetings this time around. I'm sure a few will, but I also think that many will be online "town halls" instead.

oyarde
08-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Well , half of them voted for the health care bill. Doubt you would want to go meet the people on that alone.

nate895
08-27-2010, 03:56 PM
They haven't had as many, they aren't as well publicized, and the public has better things to do than yell at a congressman who is going to get his hind quarters handed to him this November, especially when the damage is already done. My congressmen, who is retiring because of populist outrage, used to have town halls all the time, and he would even schedule them when other congressmen wouldn't. Now that everyone hates him since he is a pro-war, tax-and-spend liberal who is also not very likable as a person, he barely shows his face at all.

libertybrewcity
08-27-2010, 03:57 PM
The people are out in force campaigning and donating to liberty candidates:)

specsaregood
08-27-2010, 03:57 PM
There seems to be a fair amount of "tele-townhalls" though.

Guess you don't have to worry about torches and pitchforks at those.

oyarde
08-27-2010, 04:04 PM
They haven't had as many, they aren't as well publicized, and the public has better things to do than yell at a congressman who is going to get his hind quarters handed to him this November, especially when the damage is already done. My congressmen, who is retiring because of populist outrage, used to have town halls all the time, and he would even schedule them when other congressmen wouldn't. Now that everyone hates him since he is a pro-war, tax-and-spend liberal who is also not very likable as a person, he barely shows his face at all.

That dreaded " tax - and -spend liberal " disease . We must find a cure for it.

oyarde
08-27-2010, 04:05 PM
There seems to be a fair amount of "tele-townhalls" though.

Guess you don't have to worry about torches and pitchforks at those.

Nothing like a good pitchfork.

specsaregood
08-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Nothing like a good pitchfork.

And don't forget your modern day torches!, the road flare.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01553/iceland1_1553853c.jpg