PDA

View Full Version : My personal strategy for 2012.

freshjiva
08-27-2010, 09:52 AM
I posted this before in another thread, but it was buried in between 12 pages so it may have gone overlooked, so I decided to start my own thread regarding this topic.

I consider myself a moderate libertarian, if that makes any sense. I understand why people want complete anarchism, why others want a disciplined constitutional republic, and why yet others want a big progressive government. Often times all three tend to oversimplify (or over-complicate) things and make every argument political. My personal take is that I don't believe all government is bad. Government does indeed add value to the general public if it acts purely in the interests of serving its citizens, keeps taxes low, and protects the value of money.

Where am I going with this? Well, my personal strategy for 2012 (if Dr Ron Paul indeed does run) is to use my "moderate libertarian-leaning" idea of government and build as many bridges as possible with the mainstream Republican party. I will not insult neoconservatives nor liberals. I will not point fingers, nor make accusations or name any names. I will not use anger as a way to get people to come over to the Ron Paul camp, as I believe it only alienates us from the mainstream.

Rather, I want to build bridges with the Republican party. My strategy to help Ron Paul win the Republican nomination is to make as many connections and comparisons to Ronald Reagan and to focus on Ron's amazing conservative voting record. Yes, I fully understand the fact that government deficits mounted during Reagan's tenure, but at the very least, he was genuine people's president. He also came clean in his memoirs and admitted his foreign interventions were a mistake.

Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan. The more connections we draw between them, the more the Republican Party will see him as a viable and realistic candidate, not a "fringe" or "kook" like he was labeled in 2008. By taking this moderate road, I will help people realize how Ron's platform has always been the conservative message since the American Revolution.

To start off, I've created a poster that will hang from my 3rd story balcony as soon as we get an official announcement from Ron.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/439/libertyprosperitypeace.jpg

Son of Detroit
08-27-2010, 10:21 AM
+1

I wholeheartedly agree.

teacherone
08-27-2010, 10:23 AM
love the poster!

Romulus
08-27-2010, 11:02 AM
+2012

Great Poster. Great Strategy.

I wholeheartedly agree as well.

johnrocks
08-27-2010, 11:06 AM
+1, you can capture more votes with than than insults,throwing snowballs,etc., if insults fly toward you , rise above it.

RPgrassrootsactivist
08-27-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't like Reagan, but most conservatives do. Your strategy of connecting Paul to Reagan is excellent and I hope Dr. Paul will work on making people see that connection; that picture is a great example.

Elwar
08-27-2010, 02:08 PM
To start off, I've created a poster that will hang from my 3rd story balcony as soon as we get an official announcement from Ron.

Why wait?

Slutter McGee
08-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Now this is a good strategy.

Yay for a 1000 brilliantly signed posts.

Slutter McGee

Toureg89
08-27-2010, 02:19 PM
i already ride back and forth to school (10 miles each way, 5 times a week, on major roads) with a laminated picture of the ron paul revolution logo pinned to the back of my back pack, big enough for drivers to see

i might consider printing this out though.

Romulus
08-27-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't like Reagan, but most conservatives do. Your strategy of connecting Paul to Reagan is excellent and I hope Dr. Paul will work on making people see that connection; that picture is a great example.

He has said in the debates, that Regan conceded the illogical nature of middle eastern politics, and that we need the courage of a Reagan.

Its a great tactic to link both, as Ron himself has done in the past.

AlexMerced
08-27-2010, 03:16 PM
I posted this before in another thread, but it was buried in between 12 pages so it may have gone overlooked, so I decided to start my own thread regarding this topic.

I consider myself a moderate libertarian, if that makes any sense. I understand why people want complete anarchism, why others want a disciplined constitutional republic, and why yet others want a big progressive government. Often times all three tend to oversimplify (or over-complicate) things and make every argument political. My personal take is that I don't believe all government is bad. Government does indeed add value to the general public if it acts purely in the interests of serving its citizens, keeps taxes low, and protects the value of money.

Where am I going with this? Well, my personal strategy for 2012 (if Dr Ron Paul indeed does run) is to use my "moderate libertarian-leaning" idea of government and build as many bridges as possible with the mainstream Republican party. I will not insult neoconservatives nor liberals. I will not point fingers, nor make accusations or name any names. I will not use anger as a way to get people to come over to the Ron Paul camp, as I believe it only alienates us from the mainstream.

Rather, I want to build bridges with the Republican party. My strategy to help Ron Paul win the Republican nomination is to make as many connections and comparisons to Ronald Reagan and to focus on Ron's amazing conservative voting record. Yes, I fully understand the fact that government deficits mounted during Reagan's tenure, but at the very least, he was genuine people's president. He also came clean in his memoirs and admitted his foreign interventions were a mistake.

Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan. The more connections we draw between them, the more the Republican Party will see him as a viable and realistic candidate, not a "fringe" or "kook" like he was labeled in 2008. By taking this moderate road, I will help people realize how Ron's platform has always been the conservative message since the American Revolution.

I totally agree that when approaching people you should be focusing on what you have in common not in what you differ, eventually if you do it right they'll come to your conlcusions.

Although I agree theoretically the government could make "good" decisions, there is absolutley no reason for them to do so, and every reason not to, but theoretically it's plausible.

libertybrewcity
08-27-2010, 03:34 PM

Great strategy! Love the poster. Creating a personal strategy should be a priority for everyone! Thanks!

ibaghdadi
08-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan. The more connections we draw between them, the more the Republican Party will see him as a viable and realistic candidate, not a "fringe" or "kook" like he was labeled in 2008.
Your strategy is great, no doubt, but we have to think about the foreign policy question that will undoubtedly follow. Let's remember that Ron Paul was labeled as a "kook" in 2008 mainly because of his stand on foreign policy, which was seen as "naive".

Reagan was seen as a "real conservative" on domestic issues and his economic policies were arguably the most sane in 20th century US history. But Reagan was no non-interventionist. Ron Paul puts non-interventionism and foreign policy at the center of his plan for the US.

True, Reagan pulled US troops from Lebanon, but it was he who put them there in the first place. He invaded Grenada, bombed Libya, funded the Contras in Nicaragua, and escalated the cold war. He pretty much started the war on drugs.

It was during his term that the US downed Iran Air Flight 655 killing 290 passengers on board (and then denied any wrongdoing) (talk about inciting hate). It was also during his term that Bin Laden got all that US funding (talk about funding hate).

Don't get me wrong - I like your strategy and it's very smart indeed. I'm just saying let's plan ahead for where it may backfire.